Cedar Point 2013

If they are going to do work on it prior to the off-season, I think they would definitely have to close the ride for safety reasons.

I wonder if they would ever demolish half the building to start construction then demolish the Happy Jacks side after HalloWeekends is over. That way they can get a start in construction and still have one last season for Happy Jacks. Atleast in that location.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I think this will be a WWL effect. The amount of work time needed (in this day&age) to Raze DT, Relocate SS and clear up the parking area, and still build a new coaster....

IMO, if these speculations are true

-Dispatch Transport will be Razed or Modified.
-Space Spiral has a 50/50 chance of being razed or transformed into an intamin drop ride.
-The Employe Parking Area will house the new coaster that will most likely open in 2014.

Last edited by Cedar King,

I want to see see a Thunderhead-type wooden coaster in the DT spot, and would not be opposed to Wicked Twister moving somewhere else in the park to open up the beach, throwing in a flat ride, a beach restaurant and a boardwalk.

net said:
I want to see see a Thunderhead-type wooden coaster in the DT spot, and would not be opposed to Wicked Twister moving somewhere else in the park to open up the beach, throwing in a flat ride, a beach restaurant and a boardwalk.

Well CP had their chance with the beach and did NOTHING with it, so I doubt WT will be going anywhere. DT on the other hand, really is sitting on prime real-estate.

I don't know where the additional bit about Space Spiral becoming a (redundant) drop ride came from, but I'm not even sure if that sort of thing is possible with the style of Space Spiral's tower.

I still don't see Space Spiral going anywhere for pragmatic reasons, and I'm sort of disappointed that things are leaning away from wood, just because it seems so blindingly obvious to me to put a woodie on the beach, but eh, it's still armchair Roller Coaster Tycooning.

According to the TPR statement, it was said that they would want to return "this time next year for the opening..." so according to whoever made that statement, the rumored coaster will open next year. Maybe it just won't be ready for opening day. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't ready then anyway since they haven't been able to open a new ride on time in the past few years anyway.

That Crazy Dan said:
it's still armchair Roller Coaster Tycooning.

That is perfect.

They call me Sheehan.
coasterandtreeloversbuzz.com

I think Wicked Twister's location is great and won't move anywhere. I don't see Space Spiral moving, it'll either be refurbished or removed. They already have Power Tower and I don't really want an Intamin drop tower. I like what we have with Power Tower, WindSeeker and hopefully a refurbished observation tower.

Why can't they just take SS apart and rebuild it in between the train station and the last over-bank of MF (or some other place)? Don't you think it would benefit more to be there (as opposed to getting rid of it)?

! said:
Why can't they just take SS apart and rebuild it in between the train station and the last over-bank of MF (or some other place)? Don't you think it would benefit more to be there (as opposed to getting rid of it)?

As has been stated, Space Spiral has a pretty hefty anchor to hold down that big tower. Someone who knows can probably give the exact number of feet below ground level that the foundation goes. That's a bit hard to dig up.

The park has been open one week in 2012 and the same half-dozen people keep reinforcing and perpetuating their fantasies about what might come next year.

I went to Dollywood last weekend. Wild Eagle is the tits. What a great ride in a fantastic location. The whole thing is above the park.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I hear that X Flight is quite the.....tits......as well. :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

You know what else is the "tits" right......tits! All things aside, it is plausible for many of these ideas to take shape. I would bet my life that Wicked Twister will not move. As for Disaster Transport, I wouldn't miss it. I have a feeling it is going to be just like it was in 2002 as we watched that huge tower being built from across the bay. Speculation right up to the very end.

TTD 120mph said:
It let's them keep Disaster...

First the absurd footer thing, and now it seems reasonable that they'd invest a lot of money into a ride that's nearly 30 years old (and presumably near the end of its serviceable life)?

If you're trolling, you're not being very subtle about it. ;)

Brandon

Jeff, doesn't this same thing happen every year though? :)

Maverick00 said:
I think Wicked Twister's location is great and won't move anywhere. I don't see Space Spiral moving, it'll either be refurbished or removed. They already have Power Tower and I don't really want an Intamin drop tower. I like what we have with Power Tower, WindSeeker and hopefully a refurbished observation tower.

Why would you invest money in moving a ride, just so it can be forgotten again? That's why CP should either give it some serious rehab, or Intamin Drop Tower.

Cedar King said:

Why would you invest money in moving a ride, just so it can be forgotten again? That's why CP should either give it some serious rehab, or Intamin Drop Tower.

I feel like trying to convert Space Spiral into an Intamin Drop Tower would about as probable and mechanically feasible as trying to convert Giant Wheel into a Giant Enterprise.

Last edited by That Crazy Dan,

We already have power tower so I dont really see a reason to convert space spiral into any sort of drop ride.

Cedar King said:

Maverick00 said:

I didn't say Space Spiral would be moved, I said it'll either be refurbished or removed as in demolished.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service