Cedar Point 2013

SSL488 said:
Do you have a link to this statement or anything?

It's on the theme park review website under forums and click theme parks threads and the "Cedar Point Discussion Thread" is down that page. It's on page 1148 of the CP thread.

I would link it but for some stupid reason TPR links must be blocked on PointBuzz.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Shawn Meyer said:
I had a question that someone has yet to answer on here. If Disaster Transport is indeed removed after this season, where would they relocate Happy Jacks Toy Factory for the September/October months? Anyone have any ideas at all?

They could build another building for it elsewhere on property. Fitting it in another building would not be hard at all, that is if they keep it.

I doubt they would take down the building, leave DT and build a coaster around it.

I don't know, I can sort of see them doing that. It'd be really cool having a wing coaster that weaves between the track and supports of a bobsled. Plus it would account for all the rumors: It would open up a view of the beach, footers could already be in place in the DT building if it will closely interact with it, $25 million would be enough to build a good-sized wing coaster plus tear down the DT building, and people were told they might want to get one last ride on Disaster Transport, the enclosed space-themed ride we know of now, because it would really be a completely different ride without the building and theming. This new rumor really makes sense, and I sure hope it's true.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

^^I thought the same thing originally but things are somewhat falling into place. If a "footer" was poured in there (that Adam may or may not have seen), the building could come down and the footers could be used.

He specifically stated that "the building around Disaster Transport and Space Spiral would be removed". He stated that late in April before any of the talk began here about the possible removal of Space Spiral. The way its stated (even though may I remind you it's not an official source) that Space Spiral could possibly be removed? Once again, just a rumor (because you have those who get on here and go "OMGZ Cedar Point getting winged coasterz that interact with the Jamaican Bobsled Team thingy"). So yeah. Let me also say that this was a guy that stated a good rumor about both Shoot the Rapids & Windseeker (and was right about both while everyone else completely dismissed what he said)

Also, the building around DT could start coming down after the regular season when weekend operations begin.

You may say you doubt, but it still is actually plausible (not saying super likely, but plausible)

Last edited by CoasterKid20,

I actually like that idea. It let's them keep Disaster/ coaster count (if they're even worried about it anymore), opens up the view, and adds a new ride to interact with the current one. It definitely seems like something that could work very well together. Especially if there's a theme to it.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

But wasn't the building originally put on DT because the ride was so boring.

^No, it was put on because of the noise and because it couldn't operate in even the lightest of rain. Rumors stated that Intamin could be working on the noise problems (or the park's maintenance staff themselves). As for the rain, is that even a legitimate reason anymore. The building leaks so it can't run then anyway. Sand was also a bit of an issue.

Last edited by CoasterKid20,

Sand will still be an issue again if the building is removed and the coaster stays.

^Not really because something could be done to help stop that as well. From an engineering standpoint, it is no where close to an impossibility.

SSL488 said:But wasn't the building originally put on DT because the ride was so boring.

And yet I don't think it made the ride itself better. ;)

I think the story goes that Kinzel liked what Disney did with Space Mountain and wanted to mirror something like it with DT to make a better experience and help with the issues that coasterkid pointed out. It appeared that it did make for a better experience up until things started to slip in terms of themeing. So, if you think about it, they'd be doing the same thing, while still doing something completely different by adding the interaction of another ride. I think it'd be cool to have some of DT enclosed, and some open sections that could be super close to the new ride. There's definitely some potential here.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I don't like the idea of taking the building off and keeping Avalanche Fun. It's aesthetic's aren't very nice and the ride is weird looking. I could see them tearing down everything besides for the area Happy Jacks is used for.

Maverick00 said:

This was posted over at TPR, was anybody else there to hear it?

Considering there were 665 attendees, I would say so. :-)

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

http://s1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg551/Steven_Linn/Random/?action=view¤t=ytrueietyiyti.png

That's just a little something I put together based on what I am hearing from some of you. Feel free to mess with it.

I'm probably going to take a lot of crap for this, but a follower of my CP blog posted this recently. (If you don't want to click, the gist is that there's going to be work in that area this season or next) Yes, she is young (14y/o) and admits it is a rumor, but she has mentioned multiple times that her father works at Cedar Point and this post was made before the start of the season and before this thread. It partially fits with the rumor that CoasterKid20 heard.

Read from it what you will...

They call me Sheehan.
coasterandtreeloversbuzz.com

Hmm. That is very interesting. I'm nnot sure how credible that is.. but it is something

I feel like it's no less credible than CoasterKid's unnamed source (no offense), but it's no more credible either. Take it with a grain of salt...

Last edited by Willijs3,

They call me Sheehan.
coasterandtreeloversbuzz.com

I hope we don't see something like White Water Landing with this project where they'll close DT this year then work on it all of 2013 then it opens in 2014.

I honestly would not mind that. If it means an awesome new coaster, I'll be content with whatever they need to do in order to make it happen.

I'd think that they'd easily be able to work on it offseason and even weekdays in the fall, and be able to get a new coaster in. But like SSL488 said, I'd be fine with it closed for a year if it results in something great.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service