Cedar Point 2013

Once the footers are poured for the day, the ride re-opens.

Promoter of fog.

It doesn't seem like the park would have an advantage by building some footers inside at this point. I'm not doubting Adam because he isn't one to throw out wild claims, it just seems like an odd way to begin construction of a coaster. I'm not an engineer by any means but it would be a strange approach to building a new coaster.

SSL488 said:
so have we given up hope for a coaster going to the turnpike car area for 2013?

That rumor has been around for a long time, I don't think anything other than peoples hopes pointed at that area for use.

SSL488 said:
My friend went to the park yesterday and said that DT was closed. Does anyone know if it was closed all day?

It was closed all day Thursday and Friday of this past week too, so I imagine it was the same case then.

SSL488 said:
If Matt did in fact say that he wants to keep DT but open up the beach, where else would there be a place to open up the beach?

When I attended the breakfast where Matt spoke, on more than one occasion, he spoke of "tearing down" things and then jokingly coughed "Disaster Transport". At no time did he say he wouldn't remove DT, so I would suspect that he would not hesitate in removing it.

I think removing DT and redeveloping that area (coaster or other things) could make it one of the most beautiful areas of the park. It would have a gorgeous view of the beach and the lake, and if done right, it could be one of the nicest areas just to relax and hang out for awhile.

I would actually hate to see a coaster go in where the Turnpike Cars are. Between a new coaster and Raptor, that area would have too much track crammed into a fairly small space. That part of the park needs the family rides like Calypso, Turnpike Cars, Cadillac Cars and Cedar Downs to balance out Raptor and Blue Streak. Adding a coaster in that area would be a mistake in my opinion.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Tambo, it seems that this thread mostly originated from your post. Is there anything else you'd like to share...? ;) ha ha

If we were to get a Wing Rider in the DT area, I would imagine it to be something along the lines of X-Flight at Six Flags size wise. I just hope that if it is like that, it does not have the same, what would you call it...Inverted drop? That we see on X-Flight. I like regular roller coaster drops :)

^This is a new breed of coasters, elements like that work for coasters of this type.

^^Im my opinion, if CP gets a wing coaster, I want it to have the inverted drop. Sure, I love regular drops, but it would be a unique and new experience...it's something most people have never experienced before. And I would hope it would be a little bigger than X-Flight. The pictures I've seen of the markings show them all the way out into the parking lot and by guest services, and when you add that to the DT area, you do end up with a fairly large piece of land to work with. Don't get me wrong, something like X-Flight would be cool, but I think there is room for a larger version. Just imagine, a 200ft hill, twisting into the diving first drop, great views of the beach...I can picture it already.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Is an inverted drop the same as a pretzel loop (like Superman: Ultimate Flight)?

No it's not. An inverted drop is the first drop drop of a coaster, where once at the top of the lift hill, the train flips over and dives back down. I guess they are sort of similar, but completely different at the same time. Plus a pretzel loop is an element in the ride, not a first drop. An inverted drop is hard to explain, but the first picture on this website is a good view of it. http://www.kenoshanews.com/entertainment/x_factor_six_flags_great_america_debuts_extreme_roller_coaster_x_flight_377937664.html

Last edited by Ride On_17,

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum

Screamscape has pics of Wave Swinger being disassembled.

Kinda odd

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

During the ACE dinner Sat night, CP officials indicated that we would want to return to CP at this time next year. They hinted that a new coaster of the winged variety would be opening then, but they wouldn't elaborate. They did indicate a formal announcement would be made later this summer.

This was posted over at TPR, was anybody else there to hear it?

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Hmm that's really interesting. And I consider TPR to be a credible source for info, and with the marking and rumors, it could very well be a possibility.

thrillsawait.weebly.com

I had a question that someone has yet to answer on here. If Disaster Transport is indeed removed after this season, where would they relocate Happy Jacks Toy Factory for the September/October months? Anyone have any ideas at all?

XS NightClub said:
Screamscape has pics of Wave Swinger being disassembled.

Kinda odd

Shawn Meyer said:
I had a question that someone has yet to answer on here. If Disaster Transport is indeed removed after this season, where would they relocate Happy Jacks Toy Factory for the September/October months? Anyone have any ideas at all?

It may very well be transferred to where Wave Swinger used to be. It may become a new attraction, and not just be used for Halloweekends. I think we all should take our last rides on Disaster Transport. Bye bye, ol' buddy. I'll miss you.

Maverick00 said:

During the ACE dinner Sat night.....

This was posted over at TPR, was anybody else there to hear it?

Do you have a link to this statement or anything?

I figured it out, we don't need this thread for guessing anymore....
Disaster Transport will become Avalanche Run Again, and the Building will be taken down to open up the view of the beach. The footers are for all the new lighting Avalanche Run is going to get. :)

GATEKEEPER-I came, I rode, I was mildly disappointed; until a second ride (rear left) put GateKeeper back on the...it's a nice ride list.

You know now that TPR has that info, a rumor I heard is making a lot more sense.

The rumor basically stated that a Winged Coaster would be coming to the Point and that the building around Disaster Transport would be torn down (but the coaster would remain) and that it would be reverted back to its Avalanche Run days (with something to make it quieter and easier to run in the elements) and that the Winged Coaster would interact with the bobsled.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service