Cedar Point 2013

Yea it looked like a seemingly new footer. Though it could have been the lighting in the big room that made it look a certain way. But if it is a new footer......it's no baby footer. And again, it was a quick glance so take it for what you will. I can not confirm anything. When I rode again to get another look at it, the lights that were lit on the floor were off..........so yea.

I'm just reporting what I saw to give everyone something to look for and get further opinions on what I saw......or didn't see.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Wooden/winged coaster....XD

^^Was this in the first building where the first block-brake is at? It would be very difficult to get equipment in there to build footers. Access is restricted to a set of double doors that lead into a small hallway to another set of double doors that lead to a sidewalk on the beach. It does not have direct access for a vehicle nor does it have a high-bay door like the larger show building towards the 2nd half of the ride.

I'm not saying there's anything in there. But, couldn't a hose and a pumper truck be used in a situation like this?

Last edited by Jason Hammond,

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I sure hope that there is something there, it just seems really unlikely to me though.

From what I've seen and heard on this website:
- There were markings found near DT and SS
- Ouimet said he wanted to open up the beach
- Ouimet wasn't considering removing DT (so how would the Beach 'open up'?)
- SS refurbishments were in the plans
- 25 million dollars in capital is being taken out

Where did all this come from? I believe all of you, but I can't find any proof (more info.)

As far as SS, I think they should move it in between the train station and the last over-bank on MF. You'd still get a view of the lake, but without the parking lot taking up a third of the view. And it's currently next to the Giant Wheel, another ride that gives views of the park. Most importantly, it would free up space. And the view would cover MF, Lake Erie, TTD, Mantis, Power Tower, even Luminosity- great views at night.

http://pointbuzz.com/c/cedar-point-2013.aspx

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Wait... Has it been confirmed that SS will refurbished?

It hasn't been confirmed. I merely stated that I remember that issue being brought up a few years ago. But I can't remember who said it or exactly when. At this point it's just hearsay from a few years ago.

They call me Sheehan.
coasterandtreeloversbuzz.com

If Matt did in fact say that he wants to keep DT but open up the beach, where else would there be a place to open up the beach?

99er said:
^^Was this in the first building where the first block-brake is at? It would be very difficult to get equipment in there to build footers.

It's the building that houses the helix. I call it the claw room. :) And since I don'y really know the layout of the building itself, I don't want too confirm anything since I too would have doubts about how they're getting equipment in there.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

That is the larger part of the building that does have access via a garage door but the building itself does not have much floor space. So I don't see the park really gaining a "head start" by getting one or two footers already poured, especially when they would have to be real careful around them when taking down DT. Id say you probably just saw something that looked like a footer, that place is full of junk ya know.

Yeah, it just doesn't make sense that they'd go through all that trouble to pour one footer.

Brandon

I rode DT Sunday and when walking in looked over the tall fences and saw orange spray paint stretching about the distance of the lift hill and almost same angle as the lift for DT but slightly off. Don't know what it was, thought I would share, maybe someone else knows more, sorry no pic.

SSL488 said:
... where else would there be a place to open up the beach?

The All Wheels Extreme Stadium could get torn down, but I don't think that'll happen. The show has been doing well and they update it every year.

Ouimet said a "new" view of the beach, though. So that could mean more than just tearing down a building. How far out into the lake does CF own? Does the property line end at the water or could we see a helix or two skip over the surface of the water in the future?

They call me Sheehan.
coasterandtreeloversbuzz.com

Opening up a view to the beach could simply mean extending the DT midway into the employee/preferred parking lot for the new ride. The beach goes all the way down the peninsula after all.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

Ah, the first "I saw a new footer" post. Congrats Adam! :)

Surprised it took until page 13 to get to this important milestone in the "new ride" thread. It's like the proverbial "I'm think I'm falling in love with you" moment in a new relationship.

Promoter of fog.

so have we given up hope for a coaster going to the turnpike car area for 2013?

I dont think anyone should give up hope for anything at this point... We know nothing but a few marks on the ground thoes could be telling but untill we start seeing stakes or broken ground we wont know for sure anything is being built.

Halloweekends Screamster!
Fear Faire 2010-2011

My friend went to the park yesterday and said that DT was closed. Does anyone know if it was closed all day?

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service