Cedar Point 2013

I like you guy's ideas of Space Spiral. The one that I like the most that someone mentioned was the fact of them building the new roller coaster around Space Spiral. Maybe Cedar Point could follow the same concept that was done at Kings Island with Diamondback. If you look at how the whole layout is, the first hill goes over the midway and the final helix goes over the midway as well. If Disaster Transport days are numbered, and the new roller coaster goes around Space Spiral, I think that would be a clever design. ;)

Here's a drawing I made to help you visualize my idea. It shows sort of a cross section of space spiral and the new cabin. The bottom level is the enclosed sitting area and the upper level is the open platform. I included where the restraints and people would be.

Last edited by Ride On_17,

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

The link doesn't work. At least not on my iPad.

Let's Get Weird.

Now try it. Once I posted it, the link didn't work for me either but I think I fixed the problem.

Last edited by Ride On_17,

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum

doesn't work on my iMac

This Isn't A Hospital--It's An Insane Asylum!

Hmm that's weird. Like I said before I couldn't even open it...then I changed its formatting and now I can open it without any problems. Can anyone else besides me open it?

thrillsawait.weebly.com

Doesn't work on my iPad either.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Nope I can't open it. But I think the best way to make space spiral better would be to just get a new cabin. Or get some top of the line cleaning crew to come in and clean it.

If SS is going to remain, a relo for it is illogical. It would not only be inordinately difficult to dis/reassemble, it has such an infinitesimally small footprint that any new attraction can be built around it simply and easily; the mens room nearby probably occupies more square footage than SS.

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

I think it would just look really funny if you were to build around it

I'm with you on that one, I think it's days are numbered and I can't see CP trying to keep it, especially if they plan to build there.

How sure are we that DT is going to be the future coaster/ride's location? Are those red markings a trend that we've seen in the past for other coasters?

The red markings are always around the park. Last year there were a lot near Thunder Canyon, but nothing ever happened over there. But when Windsweeker was just around the corner, there were a lot of red marks over there.

A zipline over to Maverick from Space Spiral might be something I'd pay an upcharge for!

I saw something interesting in the main ride building on Disaster. If it's indeed what I think it is, then there's no doubt regarding what is going to occupy the area next year. I'll give a hint. It's round, and bigger than the ones used on wooden coasters. Of course I only saw it for a brief moment so it might not be anything.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

TTD 120mph said:
I saw something interesting in the main ride building on Disaster. If it's indeed what I think it is, then there's no doubt regarding what is going to occupy the area next year. I'll give a hint. It's round, and bigger than the ones used on wooden coasters. Of course I only saw it for a brief moment so it might not be anything.

Interesting.

Clearly an Intamin tower ride. You made it way too obvious. ;)

Last edited by Renegade,

That's one of the reasons why I think DT could still be taken out and a coaster built on its spot for 2013. There might be footers already done and we wouldn't know.

Last edited by Maverick00,

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

So TTD, where exactly was this? And I am just a little iffy about believing that something is going where DT is because didn't Matt clearly state that he wanted to keep DT?

Last edited by SSL488,

So, Adam, are you saying you saw a footer while in line for DT? Whereabouts? This is very interesting...

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

It is just a leftover footer from when Wildcat was there. Kind of a tribute thing. ;-)

Games - 1989 - Beanbag Toss/Break-a-plate

SSL488 said:
So TTD, where exactly was this? And I am just a little iffy about believing that something is going where DT is because didn't Matt clearly state that he wanted to keep DT?

He's just saying what he thinks might happen. He didn't confirm anything.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service