Cedar Point 2013

Personally I'm hoping for a re-recycling of Demon Drop. *fingers crossed*

384 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Dead center line on sky ride.... history...

in as much as maverick's was a , fail, I fear this one will be a low speed thru the gate yawn.... but I say that only to infuriate the crowd .

Last edited by jo linn,

Demon Drop has already been recycled. It lives in Dorney Park now. :)

Drgstr420 said:
It would be sweet if we got dueling coasters, and one had the trains going forwards, one was going backwards. I always wanted them to throw a train on backwards on a ride, seems like a completely different experience

Six Flags did that on Mr Freeze coasters.

Dead center line on sky ride.... history...

in as much as maverick's was a , fail, I fear this one will be a low speed thru the gate yawn.... but I say that only to infuriate the crowd .

I cannot comprehend the words "fail" and "Maverick" in the same sentence. It simply does not compute.

Six Flags did that on Mr Freeze coasters.

I remember riding that. It was pretty neat, though I don't see CP pulling something like that with a Wing coaster.

I'm hoping for more than one coaster too, but I don't want to get my hopes up either. A new family coaster would be cool too. Maybe one kinda like the same thrill as CCMR.

My only point was with respect to the (defunked) roll. There is yet to be the epic roll that was intended many years ago at CP.The wing rider roll seems kinda like old news to me.

Though as a fan that never gets to get there often... i love raptors rolls.

Last edited by jo linn,

jo linn said:
The wing rider roll seems kinda like old news to me.

As someone who dismissed the glorification of X-Flight's roll (and X-Flight in general) as over-hyped, I can promise you that it really is a great element.

After having read reviews of Gardaland's X-Raptor and Thorpe's Swarm, Great America's near-clone of Swarm wasn't something I had high expectations for. It delivered- not in a Batman: The Ride kind of way, but as a near perfect mix/balance of thrilling and fun. Just as Raptor built upon Batman, a "Raptorized" version of X-Flight placed right at the front of the park is a home run and no brainer. It will appeal to everyone, including legendarily capricious coaster hobbyists.

Love the new cover pic. She is NOT impressed!

We've run out of things to talk about.

General public thinks they already know about the roller coaster because they claim it was in the newspaper.

Shawn Meyer said:
Demon Drop has already been recycled. It lives in Dorney Park now. :)

Try RE-reading my post. :)

And I too am a big fan of the new cover page.

384 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I'd Like to point out that on the Facebook update, the blank had 10 characters. GATEKEEPER has 10 characters. Coincidence?

Where did the Gatekeeper name come from anyway? Did someone on here come up with it or was it first heard on screamscape?

Coaster Bucket List: 1) Fury 325 2) Leviathan 3) Intimidator 305 4) Kingda Ka 5) Formula Rosa

I think we got it from screamscape.

Screamscape. I think it works fine (makes sense to name it as such) and I'm warming up to it. I'm sure I'll like it more on Monday after 3:30. :)

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

It's kinda weird only seeing 15 coasters on their roller coaster page! http://www.cedarpoint.com/things-to-do/roller-coasters

Quality over quantity. DT was a waste of space, kind of like Mean Streak. They need to drop an intamin prefab woodie like El toro in there, but thats a topic for another year I think.

Or a
Rocky Mountain Contruction coaster.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Is that Intamin? It only says who's building it.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service