Cedar Point 2013

http://www.rockymtnconstruction.com/

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Interesting-

http://www.cedarpoint.com/rides/Roller-Coasters/Disaster-Transport

http://www.cedarpoint.com/rides/Roller-Coasters/Wildcat

Both pages still exist! DT's page showed up in Google Searches until fairly recently, and the page exists even though it is not on Google anymore (I think).

I think it woul be so cool to put a huge coaster in the front, but also a bonus coaster the is family friendly the can intertwine with the bigger one to make all coaster lovers of many taste happy!!! Just a happy thought!!!

Life is like a rollercoaster! It is full of ups and downs

I'm new to joining this site but have been visiting the boards quite frequently for the last few weeks in anticipation of the ride announcement. With all I've learned/seen/read/heard, I'm fairly confident the ride will be called "Gatekeeper", especially because they're redoing the whole front gate and want this coaster to be the first thing people see when they pull into the Cedar Point parking lot. They want the ride to be the gatekeeper of Cedar Point. It just makes logical sense and I'm sure they can incorporate some sort of legend or mythological creature to back the name. But what do I know, we'll find out in just two days...

Interesting-

http://www.cedarpoint.com/rides/Roller-Coasters/Disaster-Transport

http://www.cedarpoint.com/rides/Roller-Coasters/Wildcat

Both pages still exist! DT's page showed up in Google Searches until fairly recently, and the page exists even though it is not on Google anymore (I think).

It's also funny how Wildcat is still shown on the current map, haha.

At first I didn't like it at all, but now I'm actually hoping it will be called Gatekeeper. It's grown on me and the more I've thought about, the more I like it.

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

I'm gonna stir the pot, this forum is startin to move a little slow.

dayvancowboy said:
I'm fairly confident the ride will be called "Gatekeeper"

Really, how confident??

MK Hammer said:
I'd Like to point out that on the Facebook update, the blank had 10 characters. GATEKEEPER has 10 characters. Coincidence?

Yep. I'm even more confident that Screamscape and about 5000+ other people on the net are wrong. Alot of clues on the net are false, most inside the park are true. You need to separate the two.

How do you recover from a disaster? Gatekeeper? Seriously??
BTW, I like that silver rocket car in the Aug 6th construction photos, maybe they can find some way to keep it around there.

Last edited by CPfan1976,

I think the biggest "proof" that gatekeeper could very well be the name is the http://www.cedarpoint.com/gatekeeper URL that a few members found a few days ago. On that page, the tab "The Ride" existed among three others that indicated that it was some sort of official page for the (or "a") ride.

About 10 minutes after being posted, the site was taken down, probably due to the amount of hits it was receiving from being linked on this thread.

Last edited by Titandwedebil,

I'm pretty sure the signs in the park are just to pay tribute to the rides that were previously in the spot where the ride with go.

"How do you recover from a disaster?"- Disaster Transport.

"What can outrun an avalanche?"-Avalanche Run which is what Disaster Transport used to be before they put the building around it.

"Not even a Jumbo Jet soars like this!"- Jumbo Jet is another ride that used to be in that location.

That's just how i interpret it.

Last edited by ThunderbirdsMT,

Coaster Bucket List: 1) Fury 325 2) Leviathan 3) Intimidator 305 4) Kingda Ka 5) Formula Rosa

And then there's the Wildcat and Mantis one, with wildcat I can understand (having been removed) but throwing mantis in there seems kind of random.

^With the Mantis thing I can think of two reasons, one of them a lot more likely. Either Mantis is getting changed somehow next year in addition to the new wing rider (being converted to a floorless/sitdown) or it was just a clue that the wing ride will be built by B&M. Well, I guess I have a 3rd reason, and once again like with the other signs CP is referencing an old ride by mentioned "Banshee." Technically Banshee can be considered an old ride that doesn't exist anymore...because really it doesn't. There is no such ride at the park called Banshee, only Mantis. I hope that last reason made sense.

Last edited by Ride On_17,

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum

Yeah, maybe they did the mantis one because Mantis is a B&M coaster and there just letting us know that it will be taller.

Coaster Bucket List: 1) Fury 325 2) Leviathan 3) Intimidator 305 4) Kingda Ka 5) Formula Rosa

For me personally, I am more interested in the detail specs and layout for this ride. This thing can easily eclipse 4000 feet possibly 5000 who knows. Will there be any new elements incorporated in this ride ? And I am pretty sure that CP will remain committed to pushing out hundreds of riders per hour. How big will the station be? Will we see the 1st double load platform for this particular coaster cause I'm sure CP will be the 1st to run a 3rd train. Those are just a few things that has crossed my mind because trying 2 figure out names or themes for this ride will make one go insane lol. Less than 2 days away# the anticipation is killing me

Mantis and the new coaster are both B&Ms.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

CPfan1976 said:
I'm gonna stir the pot, this forum is startin to move a little slow.

dayvancowboy said:
I'm fairly confident the ride will be called "Gatekeeper"

Really, how confident??

MK Hammer said:
I'd Like to point out that on the Facebook update, the blank had 10 characters. GATEKEEPER has 10 characters. Coincidence?

Yep. I'm even more confident that Screamscape and about 5000+ other people on the net are wrong. Alot of clues on the net are false, most inside the park are true. You need to separate the two.

How do you recover from a disaster? Gatekeeper? Seriously??
BTW, I like that silver rocket car in the Aug 6th construction photos, maybe they can find some way to keep it around there.

Good point, I fondly remember the "White Lightning" website created...

OR maybe there going to renovate Mantis and make it a sitdown floorless and change the name to Banshee haha. :)

Last edited by ThunderbirdsMT,

^^^^^I'm hoping for 3 trains too. I also don't want it to have a MCBR since the other wing riders don't but with 3 trains I'm not sure if that would be possible...

EDIT: sorry for all the ^'s but as soon as I posted this there were a lot more posts above mine.

Last edited by Ride On_17,

thrillsawait.weebly.com

I'll stir it up even more....(to keep you thinkin)

ThunderbirdsMT said:
I'm pretty sure the signs in the park are just to pay tribute to the rides that were previously in the spot where the ride with go.
"Not even a Jumbo Jet soars like this!"- Jumbo Jet is another ride that used to be in that location.

About half right. They are paying tribute to former rides in that location but are they clues also? On that note, will the new ride pay tribute? Soars like what?
Hmmmmmm.........

Last edited by CPfan1976,

Titandwedebil said:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150983174816463&set=a.1015...=1&theater

Those definitely look like the feet of a Dragon/Bird/Any mythical creature for that matter.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service