Cedar Point 2013

^ some people did think that dueling coasters were coming. I thought it might be sarcasm , but I wasn't sure.

It was.

I do hope CP adds a flyer or a dive, though.

Cedar Point Lifer
Employee 2006-2009

how bout a wing flyer... best of both worlds

vwhoward said:
I think sarcasm is lost to many people on these forums...

Agreed, but it is kind of difficult to figure out sarcasm on a web forum without a smiley...

CP_Obsessed_Freak1987 said:
I do hope CP adds a flyer...

Ha! More sarcasm!

That, um, is sarcasm... right?

;)

Brandon

of course of course

Cedar Point Lifer
Employee 2006-2009

I hope they only fill the track above the gate with sand and not the rest. I love the roar.

any word on the future of Troika since it's so close to the construction site.

Vette said:
I hope they only fill the track above the gate with sand and not the rest. I love the roar.

If they do fill any of it I'm hoping it is only in that area, I love the roar of it, and with it only going by for a few seconds every 3 minutes or so, I say let it roar right over the entrance, it's only for s second.

-Benn

SSL488, fair enough. Some things should be obvious, though. ;)

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

^ What are you talking about? Nothing is EVER obvious on here until Screamscape or Lemon Chill says so! :)

I hope they keep Troika. Great ride. My son loves it. I wouldn't be surprised if they move it.

I'm sure they'll keep it, they just might move it.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I have two questions.

1. Have they started demo on the larger part of the building? I can't see from the webcam.

2. Do you think they will need to close Troika, Giant Wheel, or Wicked Twister for a short period of time once they start demolishing the lift hill? The temporary wall that has been put up near Troika is literally almost touching the queue. I can't imagine that they would keep it open when they start taking that part down. It just doesn't seem like t would be safe.

Or just do the demo of the tall stuff at night, in case of a booboo.

SSL, as of last night they have not started into the big building. They were ripping, or more literally pulling, down the roof with their claw of doom. If the rain holds off, I'll go in for an hour or so later on today to grab some more pictures.

-Miker-

I could see them closing Wicked Twister and Troika but I think Giant Wheel will stay open.

I see they that the alien space ship is still there as the ride is coming down around it. It seems they are working around it. I truly hope they save this prop for future use and not destroy it as it is such an icon to DT and CP.

http://pointbuzz.com/Photos/Photo.aspx?id=8100

It's about to become an icon at the junk yard I'm guessing.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I think they took everything out that they wanted to save. I'm going on the 20th, I hope it's completely gone by then. I've never seen the beach without Disaster Transport.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service