Cedar Point 2013

the official announce date is August 13 at 330 in front of the main gate there is a banner up on the kiddie kingdom side of the arcade

No one has answered my question yet. Are they blowing up Disaster Transport on August 6th? It seems like everyone skipped over me here.

^Aren't the using like a giant claw/shear thing to take it down? That's what I thought I heard.

^^And anyone got a confirmation/picture on that?

Last edited by Blimst,

Shawn Meyer said:
No one has answered my question yet. Are they blowing up Disaster Transport on August 6th? It seems like everyone skipped over me here.

no. they never blow up buildings to take them down. they will implode them. I am almost 100% sure they will not do this though. its expensive and done when you can not take down a structure by conventional means.

James

That's what I thought, but Djdemon said they were doing the demo on it on August 6th. To me, I thought this meant they were going to blow it up like they do old ball parks.

Last edited by Shawn Meyer,

The banner says they are going to let it free.... What if it doesn't come back?

^That would mean new coaster for 2013.. :( Oh, well. Just add more dinos. :p

To demo a building doesn't necessary mean to blow it up. There are more than one way to demolish a structure.

i have a pic of the banner but its blurry

hmm. anyone got a link to the pic? i somehow feel as if aug 13 will be the last day of SS or the announcement of SS's last day. since it's at 3:30 which is the same height as SS. cp will start demolition work on aug. 6, this merely means they will deconstruct the building, not blow it to pieces. although i'd pay mondy to see, 2x more for MS! XD

Post the pic anyway, I'd like to see it.

What building is that banner hanging on? It almost looks like that one Haunted House by Pagoda Gift shop?

Nice. Won't be long now...

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

its to the right of the main arcade entrance

Hmmm... to me that sounds like GateKeeper would fit that hint, can't keep it "locked away" but, I guess it still makes sense if Lotan is the gatekeeper, or whatever was described like that a bunch of pages back.

-Benn

I'm still hoping for Gatekeeper. I don't know, to me that sounds like a catchy ride name. Lotan seems like a name you would name your son. Kind of like Logan I guess, but Lotan. I know that makes no sense at all, but either name sounds like a good name. :)

I was at the park today, it's true. It said it by disaster transport on the wooden fence surrounding it. Sorry though because I didn't take a photo and I was gonna post it at like 3 o'clock, but I thought someone already posted it.

Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

I have a question, it's probably dumb so forgive me. How does Cedar Fair pay for new rides every year? Do they just write a check to B&M and the construction crews or what?

Let's Get Weird.

^ I don't think that's a dumb question. I have wondered the same thing. Something tells me, they borrow money from their shareholders and pay them back midway through the season. That's my guess.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service