Cedar Point 2013

^ Unfortunately it does matter.

Zoug68 said:
If it is a wing type coaster, I really hope it has a name that is some sort of flying creature and not Gatekeeper. That would be an awful name.

I want Ghidorah!

Currently Googling "Flying Mythical Creatures" :)

When I hear "they" I think of seven headed monster

-Benn

TwistedWicker77 said:
I agree somewhat, however, you have to take into consideration the cost of Trademarking every new ride.

After spending millions of dollars on a new coaster, I would have to imagine that the cost of trademarking said coaster should be a measly amount especially one that you want to be in your top five ;)

I don't think "Ghidorah" would qualify as mythical, but it does bring back great childhood memories. 4 o'clock movies on channel 7 in Detroit. Except that they always through in an afterschool special during the week Ghidorah would have been seen.

TwistedWicker77 said:
^^^^^ You are correct, especially considering Canada is not a part of the Madrid Protocol, but I was solely giving an example that no matter how near or far a park is, reusing a ride name is not a factor.

^^^^ Maybe...

^ I agree somewhat, however, you have to take into consideration the cost of Trademarking every new ride.

It's really hard to follow the conversation with a post like this. Could you just use the quote link?

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

I think the pronoun "they" is absolutely key.
Lotan is certainly a good guess, but, for example, they could just as easily go Greek and call it "Hydra," being the guardian to the underworld in Greek Mythology. Just putting it out there. They don't have to call it either Lotan or GateKeeper.

Last edited by MK Hammer,

With this new anticipated coaster being a "Wing" along with it being near/adjacent to the water...I like the name, Jet Wash!

Let the countdown begin!

http://www.facebook.com/cedarpoint?sk=app_364041783617057

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Maverick00 said:
Let the countdown begin!

http://www.facebook.com/cedarpoint?sk=app_364041783617057

where have you been?

Nobody posted the countdown clock yet.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

Jason Hammond said:

TwistedWicker77 said:
^^^^^ You are correct, especially considering Canada is not a part of the Madrid Protocol, but I was solely giving an example that no matter how near or far a park is, reusing a ride name is not a factor.

^^^^ Maybe...

^ I agree somewhat, however, you have to take into consideration the cost of Trademarking every new ride.

It's really hard to follow the conversation with a post like this. Could you just use the quote link?

My bad. After typing that comment and being distracted multiple times in the middle of typing it, I once again forgot to refresh the page and just had to move on with my work instead of quoting at the time. Gotcha though.

Does anybody think that the "logo" provided with the countdown has anything to do with the actual ride? I know they like to throw us off before the announcements, but I could see it being a small snapshot of a larger logo.

I would assume it will be part of the logo. I think its too late in the game to throw people off.

It looks like a wing of something to me. I'd say that is part of the logo.

MK Hammer said:
Does anybody think that the "logo" provided with the countdown has anything to do with the actual ride? I know they like to throw us off before the announcements, but I could see it being a small snapshot of a larger logo.

I took it also as a small part of a big logo.

-Benn

I have been thinking, could "they" mean more than one coaster? Meaning the one main coaster project, and maybe one smaller coaster project? - for kids? They did say that the coaster count was very important to them when they announced the removal on DT. If we don get two coasters, would that not put us in the lead again?

I wouldn't hold your breath for 2 coasters.

Brandon

Well, duelling coasters would certainly go with the Gatekeeper theme.

Can't have a Gatekeeper without a Keymaster.

Goodbye MrScott

John

Dueling coasters wouldn't work. We all know it's in the best interests of the world if we keep the Gatekeeper as far away from the Keymaster as possible.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service