Cedar Point 2013

3:30 would be a good time to be riding rides on the 13th while all of you folks are at the main gate.

Not if I'm marathoning them with my FL ;)

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

does anyone know how much clerance there is on Millennium Force's first 122* overbanked turn?

No sharks, but there is a Lake Erie Monster.

Cedar King: Apparently not enough. Look closely at the radial supports that hold e track to see what I mean.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

He means this. :)
http://www.rcdb.com/594.htm?p=14958

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

CP skipped the clerance checker on that part ;). Seems to be a big design flaw on intamins part.

According to the picture, it's about two, maybe three inches.

Last edited by CoasterFreak31899,

I just got back from vacation to find out we now have an official release day coming up, awesome.

Still, it's fun to speculate so I'll bring up something that I noticed about the snippet of the coaster's logo we've had for awhile.

I know Lotan and Gatekeeper have been floating around, though I'm not so sure what we're seeing in the logo snippet is Lotan. According to the internet, Lotan is a sea dragon, just like Leviathan. Anything from the Sea won't have your traditional "wings"; rather, they'd be webbed.

Knowing that Lotan and Leviathan are basically one in the same (minus the multiple heads), take a look at http://leviathan.canadaswonderland.com/_upload/images/site_backgrounds/logo.png Leviathan's wing-like fins and compare them to the wings on the logo: http://www.facebook.com/cedarpoint?sk=app_364041783617057

You can tell that there is no webbing on those wings, and so that should pretty much confirm that this dragon or bird isn't from the ocean, therefore shouldn't be Lotan if they stay true to the description.

EDIT: What am I talking about, almost all dragons are portrayed with webbed wings, regardless as to whether they live in the sea or on land. Maybe that means it isn't a dragon at all, maybe it's a bird? Those wings look like they're feathered, not to mention they're pointed upward in a fashion you commonly see birds do.

I'd have high hopes for the name "Phoenix" (like we saw in one of the fakes) if that bird wasn't Blue.

Last edited by Titandwedebil,
Your mom is to fat to ride TTD.'s avatar

I forget where "Gatekeeper" came from. Where did we get that?

Let's Get Weird.

I think it was from the same person who said the track was going to be green. It was started by some one claiming that they knew stuff and has since spread.

I think we got it from Screamscape originally.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Yep, both the green track & gatekeeper were from screamscape. Does anyone even know where he gets all his "facts" from?

Last edited by AmazingMaverick(:,

His ass, like everyone else?

From the Dippin Dots guy.

The Lemon Chill guy, of course! Duh!

thrillsawait.weebly.com
Top 5 CP Coasters: 1. Steel Vengeance 2. Millennium Force 3. Maverick 4. Dragster 5. Magnum
Coaster Count: 102

You're right, he's more reliable.

...says the people who refused to believe rumors of a new water ride for 2010, a tall swing tower for 2011 and a dinosaur attraction for 2012...

CoasterKid20 said:
...says the people who refused to believe rumors of a new water ride for 2010, a tall swing tower for 2011 and a dinosaur attraction for 2012...

And the non-believers in the sinking of Magnum.

Cedar King said:
does anyone know how much clerance there is on Millennium Force's first 122* overbanked turn?

I hope they didnt skip it! I dont think anyone has ever gotten hit though
http://pointbuzz.com/Photos/Photo.aspx?id=1172

Also does anyone happen to have any pictures of the demolition of Disaster Transport?

I was looking at the wording on logo of the press release, did anyone get struck by the fact that it says "All will be *revealed*?" I'm thinking this could be the tip of a phoenix or bird wing. Call me crazy, but that's what I just noticed.

TTD Rollback(s): 1

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service