Besides Valravn(?) What Else for 2016?

So, was it a wooden floor on the loading platform then? Because now there's just a big concrete pit there and I always wondered how it was configured.

Yeah it was a platform for loading. Very similar to the Big Dipper station.

I would like to assume that the land between Blue streak and the Valravn exit will be used as the Valravn on-ride picture/souvenir building. I had a good drawing of my ideas on future of the Pirate RIde building, but I cannot find it at the moment. I will try and recreate my idea...

It was a concrete floor, not wooden. But, there was room under the floor to move the transfer table over.

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

My idea for sprucing up the Midway and using the area of the Pirate Building

I like the idea of Queue Shade Structure in the Blue Streak Queue Line as shown in the picture above. That Queue and the Majority of Gatekeeper queue need some shade.

Last edited by Bryansworld8,

I agree about the shade. I also think that plaza has the most empty concrete of any area in the park. However, they use it for things like the hay bale maze, etc. so it's possible they won't mess with it.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Did they put the hay bale maze back in front of Blue Streak this year? Last year it was in front of Wicked Twister where Tili Twirl currently is (where the flag poles used to be :/ )

I honestly thought the Cedars would be torn down for the new coaster. Valravn could have had a longer layout. I would have rather seen a B&M flying coaster instead of a dive coaster but I'm not disappointed. I have never been on a dive coaster, so this will be a new experience for me.

It took me 10 years to finally create a Pointbuzz account..........

It's already considerably longer than every other dive coaster. Those huge, wide cars lose speed very quickly.

It took me 10 years to finally create a Pointbuzz account..........

If you've been lurking around for 10 years, then you should be familiar with quality over quantity...

I still don't understand the whole flying gimmick. In my opinion, it's not comfortable, and there is nothing special about them.

And yet I would love Cedar Point to get a good (launched) flyer and don't understand the gimmick of dive coasters. Oh, hey, look, the ground! Wonder when we're finally going to.. Guess we're going. Wee?

I guess you could complain about any coaster at CP, but that's not really going to get you anywhere. The fact is, we're getting a dive coaster. Can we wait until we actually ride the thing?

Last edited by CoasterGuy15,

Who, me, responding with a difference of opinions with the previous poster?

TwistedWicker77 said:

I still don't understand the whole flying gimmick. In my opinion, it's not comfortable, and there is nothing special about them.

Oh, but there is something special about them - horrible capacity.

Brandon

Firehawk has the worst capacity I have ever witnessed on a coaster. A small line takes an hour. People notice too. I heard people all around me complaining about the capacity.

Last edited by CoasterKyle1121,

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

Firehawk is definitely Kings Island's "get to it early or skip it" coaster along with FoF. Nighthawk at Carowinds is definitely worse though seeing as it has a single loading platform.

I'm interested to see if CP ever gets a flying coaster. If they keep insisting on B&M it's pretty much the lone choice as of now. I feel like a launched flyer would be a very unique, but please no horrible, awful pretzel loop please. It's as much of a "gimmick"as a dive coaster is but then again, that's what makes a coaster marketable. I feel like, at this point, one low capacity coaster wouldn't be that big of a deal. But enough with this, Valravn hasn't even had a support erected yet.

Last edited by CoasterCam,

2018- Raptor

CP Top 5- 1)MF 2) Maverick 3) Gatekeeper 4) Top Thrill Dragster 5) Raptor

A dive coaster, though, has the benefit of a seat to enjoy the ride's diving gimmick from, rather than an annoying ride vehicle (there's a reason I rode Six Flags Great America's Superman -- Ultimate Proctology Exam only once) that is the gimmick.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

djDaemon said:

TwistedWicker77 said:

Oh, but there is something special about them - horrible capacity.

The worst part about them is the capacity, can you imagine the lines at Cedar Point? That would be absolutely brutal to wait for. They can make some amazing and unique flyers these days (there's a new one that looks unbelievable) but I'll take a slightly less exciting new coaster with half the wait.

Dive coasters are generally one of the most well received B&Ms anyways, and there aren't many of them in this country. I've been on 3 flyers and zero dive coasters, and Shiekra/Griffon are rated better than any of them. I expect this to come in just ahead of GateKeeper and behind the Intamin trio in my in park coaster rankings.

Last edited by Renegade,

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service