announcement date 8/18/15

Today I learned: faux conspiracy theories are just someone's opinion as opposed to trolling.

Also, these threads somehow do not apply to you.

amount "of" time,,, Sorry!

So i can make an 100% on a english composition essay by using spellcheck and common knowledge JUST LIKE YOU ARE doing, but if i live a little by not caring about something so little when you can still understand me on A AMUESMENT PARK FORUM than that means im stupid? That thinking is just as lazy as me not giving a sh*t about my grammar right now, correct?

Taking the time to decipher my grammar? Yeah im sure people have sooo much trouble telling the difference between "im"and "i'm". I CAN communicate, its called going outside and talking to people properly IN PERSON. You are hiding behind a screen and pointing out someones comma use, and apparently that means i have poor social skills lol. Atleast i can go outside and properly speak to people, maybe someone will reply with a proper opinion instead of saying "you are stupid sir, it didn't sound like you meant to use a comma there" im (whoops not the comma again!) sure that stuff makes you feel important.

topthrilldragster4lyf said:

Today I learned: faux conspiracy theories are just someone's opinion as opposed to trolling.

Also, these threads somehow do not apply to you.

yeah, for things that are "hard to read" im sure the mistakes i made are just so hard to read, right?

If you can't tell the difference between things like "weren't" and "werent" and you haven't aknowledged this community is not serious at all, then idk... maybe..you're... an idiot?

Blake LeMay said:

...than that means im stupid?

No, that indicates that you don't value the discussion or those you're communicating with. So, if you don't care about what you're talking about, and you don't care about our being able to understand you, then why are you even here?

Brandon

Blake LeMay said:

And one more thing, yeah i'm sure using spellcheck on the computer...

Spellcheck is on the computer!? No wonder I've never been able to find it in the toaster.

This is an amuesment [sic] park forum, do you really think i [sic] care about grammar right now?

You may not. Others here do.

...but if i [sic] live a little by not caring about something so little when you can still understand me on A [sic] AMUSEMENT PARK FORUM than [sic] that means im [sic] stupid?

No. I'd say it means you can't think much of your own opinions if you think they're not worth the minimal effort of communicating them clearly.

Atleast [sic] i [sic] can go outside and properly [sic] speak to people...

Yes, I'm sure you do very well when you go outside and speak to people.

Last edited by noggin,

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Almost all people who use improper grammar when they write also use improper grammar when they speak. Use of improper grammar is not a sign of being stupid, it is being lazy and not caring if you are clearly understood. It is insulting to your audience not to use correct spelling and proper grammar.

So........ Dive coasters, Should cedar point dig below the lake Erie water table for a tunnel?

That's funny.. When I learned spelling and grammar in school, it was meant as the way to communicate clearly and effectively in the English language. My teachers and professors didn't take all that time to teach me something that was only intended for use when I felt like it. Instead, they wanted us to be able to effectively communicate at all times, no matter the context. If you wish others to take you seriously, it is to your benefit to make yourself simple to understand.

The other funny thing is that nobody is personally attacking you. You're the only one doing anything of the sort.

*shrug*

Ripped Tattoo said:
So........ Dive coasters, Should cedar point dig below the lake Erie water table for a tunnel?

Only if the Illuminati allow them to do so.

Last edited by JUnderhill,

No, i do value the forum, i value rollercoasters and i value people that can discuss something without bringing up grammar when they have nothing to say but still want to look smart.

I do care about people being able to understand me, thats why im not perfecting my grammar because you CAN understand me (otherwise you wouldn't be able to reply) you are just choosing to talk about my grammar instead of something else BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO SAY ABOUT WHAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT.

If i didnt have any value in it then maybe i wouldn't have stuck up for a fellow enthusiast who is just as equal as us, who has a right to an opinion and belief just like i do, correct? Go live a little. We live for a short period of time, maybe you should ask questions such as "why are we here" "why do humans contradict themselves" etc instead of why people don't give a flying fu!$ what their grammar looks like to people they don't know on the internet. Things wouldn't have come this far off topic if you would have just let the guy be himself instead of heckling his beliefs to feel better about yourself.

Blake LeMay said:

BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO SAY ABOUT WHAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT.

PLEASE STOP SHOUTING AT US. I AM SURE YOUR THROAT IS SORE BY NOW. MINE IS!!

Blake LeMay said:

Things wouldn't have come this far off topic if you would have just let the guy be himself instead of heckling his beliefs to feel better about yourself.

Heckling? Beliefs?

Talk of vast conspiracies such as the Illuminati controlling the media? On the Internet, that shows warning signs of a troll. It's not anyone's opinion until someone can calmly and legibly explain what that opinion is and what it entails.

Instead, all we've gotten is, "They don't wanna announce the ride at this time BECAUSE ILLUMINATI!! FEAR THE ILLUMINATI CONTROLLING THE MEDIA!"

That doesn't contribute to this discussion. Your arguing against forum rules that dictate reasonable spelling and grammar standards (mistakes here and there are okay, but to do so intentionally..)? That doesn't either.

Last edited by topthrilldragster4lyf,

See? There you go. You have nothing interesting to say so caps lock matters more in life.

That's funny.. When I learned spelling and grammar in school, it was meant as the way to communicate clearly and effectively in the English language. My teachers and professors didn't take all that time to teach me something that was only intended for use when I felt like it. Instead, they wanted us to be able to effectively communicate at all times, no matter the context. If you wish others to take you seriously, it is to your benefit to make yourself simple to understand.

The other funny thing is that nobody is personally attacking you. You're the only one doing anything of the sort.

*shrug*

Well maybe your professors expected you to use it in a work place or to actually communicate properly when you speak, not to talk about stuff on the internet that is taking you absolutely nowhere. I bet you haven't moved your mouth once since you moved your hands from the keyboard to the doritos bag. I know nobody insulted me personally but i bet the sarcastic comments wasn't insulting to his beliefs now was it? Im being insulting because you used grammar to make me look dumb in a situation where it does not matter at all, simply because you couldn't use your knowledge to argue back with me.

Do you know why there's nothing interesting to say? Because everything there is to know is already out there. There are 41 pages just of discussions on the announcement (if they're all on-topic)!

When Cedar Point is ready to announce improvements for 2016 (including the identity, theme, and design of a certain Bolliger & Mabillard Dive Machine), they will.

Until then, there's nothing to discuss.

There are no conspiracies here.

Someone died next to the construction site. At a roller coaster themed after a bird of prey.

The new ride was to be themed after a raven that consumes the bodies of the deceased.

That's extremely off-putting to anyone paying attention.

The media gets its views (and, thus, ad revenue) by pulling in viewers and readers with drama. Death, poverty, theft.. Those are the things that, unfortunately, get attention. The media plays to these and other factors for its survival. Thus, there is no doubt that any news articles or media broadcasts discussing Valravn would make it quite clear that a valravn is a raven that consumes the dead, and coincidentally someone did die right next door.

This would be a horrible black mark on the park, even if viewers understand that the park was not responsible. Instead of focusing on the cool new ride that Cedar Point will open next spring, they will focus on the end of the report - that someone died.

I am not going to entertain your personal attacks. They are petty and pointless*.

*Yep, pun intended. I'd be much more interested in talking about Cedar Point, if you could find something to discuss that hasn't already been rehashed for 41 pages.

Blake LeMay said:

BECAUSE YOU DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO SAY ABOUT WHAT WE WERE TALKING ABOUT.

PLEASE STOP SHOUTING AT US. I AM SURE YOUR THROAT IS SORE BY NOW. MINE IS!!

Blake LeMay said:

Things wouldn't have come this far off topic if you would have just let the guy be himself instead of heckling his beliefs to feel better about yourself.

Heckling? Beliefs?

Talk of vast conspiracies such as the Illuminati controlling the media? On the Internet, that shows warning signs of a troll. It's not anyone's opinion until someone can calmly and legibly explain what that opinion is and what it entails.

Instead, all we've gotten is, "They don't wanna announce the ride at this time BECAUSE ILLUMINATI!! FEAR THE ILLUMINATI CONTROLLING THE MEDIA!"

That doesn't contribute to this discussion. Your arguing against forum rules that dictate reasonable spelling and grammar standards (mistakes here and there are okay, but to do so intentionally..)? That doesn't either.

ok, well i said it once and i'll say it again, if you understand me then wtf cares?

"Iyf sum1 iz tawkin lyke dis" then that is hard to understand and sucks and i would definitely want the rules to apply to that.

BUT.. you can understand me, we are still communicating (enough to where you can reply multiple times) then those rules are simply OCD about absolutely everything being correct in my grammar which is not needed.

Blake LeMay said:

No, i do value the forum, just not enough to expend .0035 seconds depressing and releasing the shift key.

Fixed that for you.

I do care about people being able to understand me, thats why im not perfecting my grammar because you CAN understand me

See? He only makes it harder to understand him because it's so easy to understand him!

Last edited by noggin,

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Grammar is important when reading posts on any forum. Have you read the rules of this forum?

So.................Cedar point?

Blake LeMay said:

Im being insulting because you used grammar to make me look dumb in a situation where it does not matter at all, simply because you couldn't use your knowledge to argue back with me.

1) At least you admit you're being insulting. Admission of the problem is the first step to recovery.

2) There is nothing to argue about. The announcement will come when the park is ready, there is no conspiracy, and proper spelling and grammar indicate both your maturity and your desire to be taken seriously regardless of context.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service