announcement date 8/18/15

What is the difference between "taking .00035 seconds" to use the shift key instead of relying on a machine to decipher "i'm" and "im" in your own head? Goes both ways.

One is a courtesy to your readers and the other is laziness.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

You have two options:

1) Take a minimal amount of time to ensure your posts conform to reasonable standards of spelling and grammar. This impacts only one person - you.

2) Expect every single person to read your posts to spend extra time attempting to interpret your posts. Multiply the burden on you by every single person to ever read your posts. Eventually, people will give up and stop reading any comments you make.

See why it matters to always communicate clearly and effectively?

Bluestreaker said:

Almost all people who use improper grammar when they write also use improper grammar when they speak. Use of improper grammar is not a sign of being stupid, it is being lazy and not caring if you are clearly understood. It is insulting to your audience not to use correct spelling and proper grammar.

i'm sure you have the statistics to back this up, Don't you? I can have fine grammar on a research paper with or without using spellcheck like you "smart" fellas , but i can half ass my grammar on a forum (on a cellphone) and still do completely fine in speech class. Theres probably people in here that don't talk at all in person, are scared of crowds, and can't talk properly that have fine grammar when they sit alone on the computer (use spellcheck lmao) Its amazing what things make people feel smarter than eachother these days.

Would this be a bad time for me to ask if I could be a Freemason? I promise to sit quietly in the back during the meetings and not bother anyone...

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

It's supposed to come naturally to you, an intuition of sorts. You aren't supposed to have to actively think about how to formulate your statements. If that were the case, there wouldn't be a switch in your head that you flip on or off depending on the context.

Egad! What the hell is going on in here?

It does come naturally, when it needs to. If typing fast cause im saving my time for more important things means pissing people off that can still understand me, i guess its worth it. Mehhh sorry, amuesment parks and rollercoasters are one of my biggest interests in life, but that doesen't mean im going to talk about it on a forum like its a research paper like you guys take the time to do.

You are correct in stating that all of my posts to the message board entitled, "PointBuzz", are written in the form of a research paper. As such, they include very thorough research, documentation, and citations.

Works Cited

• Wikipedia contributors. "Citation." Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, 11 Aug. 2015. Web. 24 Aug. 2015.

Blake, Topthrill, Find each other on twitter and Pi$$ Off of this forum.

Ah, I see. Blake is sticking with insults because normal people know how to type appropriately.

It's a good thing you won't be around here for long, so you won't have to worry about proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and all that gobbledygook.

Blake LeMay said:

If typing fast cause im saving my time for more important things means pissing people off that can still understand me, i guess its worth it.

So how much time do you save by posting multiple replies defending your laziness, poor grammar and careless punctuation?

People judge people by how they speak or type, as the case may be. What you are really saying is that people shouldn't take your posts seriously because you don't care how you present yourself and that you have very little respect for the reader.

Last edited by Pete,

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

#CAPSLOCKSMATTERS

I think regardless of how smart you think you are...or what the statistics say... The moderators on the forum have specifically asked that us contributors make our posts easy to read, without using all caps... using a basic spell checker...avoiding chat shorthand... and so on. Regardless of whether it's intelligible or not the use of all caps and stuff just isn't necessary. Neither is making fun of someone's forum name... yikes. Are you going to say something about his mom next?

Now... I did hear Tony Clark speak at last weekend's ACE event about project 2016. As expected he was pretty reluctant to say anything about the topic other than acknowledging the track outside the park was "real" track. And regarding an announcement he said that the next announcement the park makes will be an announcement... for the new announcement date. And that it would be sooner rather than later. I don't remember his exact wording but it was something like that the next announcement (for the new date) would be made prior to the opening of Halloweekends and the preview of what's new at Halloweekends this year. This makes the Christmas Day date seem too far off to be accurate. Tony really did stress the "soon" part during his mini Q&A at the event.

-Tyler A-

Haha, wth? No.

That is the best thing you came up with? Im dogging normal people because they spell properly?

How about im dogging people that take a forum so serious, yet would rather point out my grammar that they can still read instead of proceeding with making a point in an arguement. Its changing the topic because you know you don't know what to reply with.

I blame the ILLUMINATI for all of this!

Blake, there are clear rules about using proper grammar, capitalization and punctuation that 99.9% of the users of this forum adhere to. You're getting onto thin ice by continuing to thumb your nose at these rules.

Now, let's get back to the relevant discussion at hand.

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

^^^ What point are you making and what argument do you think you are partaking in?

Top_Thrill_Tyler said:

And regarding an announcement he said that the next announcement the park makes will be an announcement... for the new announcement date. And that it would be sooner rather than later. I don't remember his exact wording but it was something like that the next announcement (for the new date) would be made prior to the opening of Halloweekends and the preview of what's new at Halloweekends this year. This makes the Christmas Day date seem too far off to be accurate. Tony really did stress the "soon" part during his mini Q&A at the event.

Good news. Thanks for the update!

Brandon

Pete said:

Blake LeMay said:

If typing fast cause im saving my time for more important things means pissing people off that can still understand me, i guess its worth it.

So how much time do you save by posting multiple replies defending your laziness, poor grammar and careless punctuation?

People judge people by how they speak or type, as the case may be. What you are really saying is that people shouldn't take your posts seriously because you don't care how you present yourself and that you have very little respect for the reader.

Its not being lazy, its simply realizing it doesen't matter in the big picture. I doubt a reader was offended by my typing. In the whole aspect of life you feel disrespected that my typing didnt look more fancy to people i don't know on the internet? I just have no respect do i? where are my manners!

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service