2016? Who Cares! It's All About 2017 to 2030!

^^^What's there to 'we'll see'?

Columbus Day weekend and Halloweekends are the beyond compare busiest days of the year.
Every parking lot will be full (soak city won't even be open HW), overflow lots will be full, every inch of lawn will be parked on, they will start parking people on the Causeway, Planning and design lot, Mean Streak perimeter road area; all this with a ban on employee parking on point. It will take customers hours to leave the parking lot, literally.

Every queue line will be likely full on most of those days for every ride, even during somewhat crappy weather.

And if this years weather pattern holds, Halloweekends will be primed for a record year.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

XS NightClub said:

Columbus Day weekend and Halloweekends are the beyond compare busiest days of the year.
Every parking lot will be full (soak city won't even be open HW), overflow lots will be full, every inch of lawn will be parked on, they will start parking people on the Causeway, Planning and design lot, Mean Streak perimeter road area; all this with a ban on employee parking on point. It will take customers hours to leave the parking lot, literally.

Every queue line will be likely full on most of those days for every ride, even during somewhat crappy weather.

And if this years weather pattern holds, Halloweekends will be primed for a record year.

It's such a bummer. Good for business no doubt, but I rarely ever go to Hallo weekends because it never feels worth it. The atmosphere of the park is incredible during that time of year, but I really hate waiting 3+ hours for every ride and haunted house.

"Thats when friends were nice, to think of them just makes you feel nice"

I learned my lesson a few years ago. I met my parents in Sandusky for a day at Cedar Point; they're older and it was likely the last time we would have a family outing to the park. It just happened that meeting up happened during Halloweekends.

I experienced no haunts and few rides. Lesson learned! Avoid Halloween events!

That said, it was still a wonderful time. I have fond memories of enjoying chili cheese french fries with my parents, a ride on the Giant Wheel with my mother -- and in general having a grand time at a place we've visited as a family for four decades.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

Black&White said:

[...], again Valravan was the first Dive to open in the USA since Griffon in 2007. Just because it's been a few years doesn't mean there obsolete just yet.

I need to address this, because it has been brought up repeatedly. Busch signed an exclusivity deal when they built SheiKra so no other park would build a dive-coaster within a ten-year window. As soon as that contract was up, CP built Valravn.

As far as I know, this type of contract does not exist for the flying coaster type. But as mentioned before, they are not very comfortable and guests tend to shy away from those rides.

Source?

Gemini 100 (6/11/01)

Source is my memory from the announcement in 2004 or 2005. I am pretty sure the website no longer exists. I have no reason to make it up.

I apologize if that is not credible these days.

https://m.reddit.com/r/rollercoasters/comments/4egqos/discussion_to...mpact=true

It's cited there, along with the fact none other built until said contract expired, lends to the citation. It's been circulated since Busch built it. However contracts like that aren't usually made public either.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

I must be missing the citation. All I see is the phrase, "it is believed..." Forgive me for being skeptical. There was a long period of time a long time ago where people were claiming there was a three coaster contract with B&M and Cedar Point.

Gemini 100 (6/11/01)

Well either way; ten years before Valravyn Busch built one, and now tens year later, the first one in the U.S. Is built. So it doesn't really matter if there was or wasn't one, it could just be coincidence. But changes absolutely nothing at all. Oh well.

XS NightClub said:

Ok. Geeze. I've been in this park on the nicest Saturdays in June and July. Apparently those aren't the "bread and butter" days. My bad.

No offense but it'll take more than a random Reddit poster who said "it is belived", and something you heard 11 or 12 years ago for me to believe there was a contract, could be true could be false but either way I need more valid proof. Plus didn't Valraven open 9 years between Griffon, or am I mistaken?

I don't quite understand why everyone here says flyers are uncomfortable and unpopular. I've been on tatsu and I didn't find it rough or uncomfortable, and I don't remember hearing anyone complaining about it, hell, everyone seems to love tatsu. I can easily say that it's one of the most popular rides in the park.

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

Unless you are of a larger size with a larger gut or just ate a large meal I have no idea. I don't see how there that bad.

Manta was awesome.

Remember that B&M flyers were the originators of the vest restraints, which are perfect for the flying coaster. I find Superman Ultimate Flight and Tatsu to be the most comfortable alternate position coasters I've ridden, except when I was stuck on Superman once for 20 minutes.

But if they do add a B&M flyer, don't expect anything taller than 170 ft or faster than 68-70 mph, because those restraints leave your back separated from the seat and any strong negative g force or strong positives on an upward prone pullout will cause a slight rattling or pressing into the vest.

Last edited by Wisco Woody,

Black&White said:
No offense but it'll take more than a random Reddit poster who said "it is belived", and something you heard 11 or 12 years ago for me to believe there was a contract, could be true could be false but either way I need more valid proof. Plus didn't Valraven open 9 years between Griffon, or am I mistaken?

You are not mistaken about the dates, but the exclusivity deal I remember was ten years after SheiKra, which was two years before Griffon. I don't have any desire to try digging up where I remember seeing that story. I just wanted to clarify the gap between the construction of the Busch rides and valravn.

We've all heard the exclusivity rumor with the B&M dive machines, but how exactly does that make any sense from a business standpoint for B&M?

Busch: "We'll buy a couple of these rides from you, but you're not allowed to sell them to anyone else for a decade!"

B&M: "Deal!"

I think that the original dive machine, Oblivion, may have had this deal, as I seem to remember Alton Towers playing a big role in the development of the ride. Maybe that's where the confusion is coming from?

I'm always dubious about these "exclusivity" deals.

And no disrespect to CP Maverick, but a ten year old memory isn't quite enough to convince me such a deal existed absent proof.

I'm a Marxist, of the Groucho sort.

If that deal came with a cost, why wouldn't they? If it makes business sense, and both companies agree, I don't see a reason to believe that it's false.

That's another thing I was confused about. Sure maybe Busch wanted to be the only parks in the USA or North America with dive machines but I could imagine with how much would they spend on that contract to keep B&M from allowing any other parks out there would of had to of been millions upon millions. I'd say with the price they would of spent, they could of done/built something significantly better than Sheikra or Griffon.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service