2016? Who Cares! It's All About 2017 to 2030!

Still can't figure out if I returned from the future, or if I have too much time on my hands ;)

anyways, 2016 is already played out... I'm looking forward to the next 15 years.

This is from Cedar Point's Wikipedia page, enjoy!

2016 - Valravn, new marina entrance ($25M)
2017 - Mean Streak conversion, new stage For Luminosity ($15M)
2018 - Soak City’s 30th - Soak City renovation/expansion, new entrance near Magnum ($15M)
2019 - Cedar Creek Mine Ride’s 50th - renovation, turn it into a dark ride runaway mine train (dark ride #1) ($10M)
2020 - Cedar Point’s 150th - The Next Big Coaster, new entry way into Cedar Point Dr. (on Cleveland Rd.) ($35M)
2021 - New Kiddy Kingdom, including a spinning coaster in the colosseum (dark ride #2) ($15M)
2022 - Sandcastle Suites renovation, Soak City parking lot turned into parking deck, thrill ride ($20M)
2023 - Castaway Bay expansion/renovation ($15M)
2024 - Blue Streak’s 60th - renovation/conversion, family ride, and soak city addition ($10M)
2025 - Heavily themed true non-coaster dark ride (dark ride #3) ($25M)
2026 - Corkscrew’s 50th - Cedar Point finally once again teams up with Intamin to build the parks second blitz coaster, Corkscrew is stripped of everything but the white arches spanning the midway. Intamin builds a new LIM launched coaster (think Maverick) which utilizes the white arches in it's new corkscrews, retaining the iconic, picturesque white and blue. We give you, The New Corkscrew ($20M)
2027 - Thrill ride (500+ foot version of Falcon's Fury?), new toll plaza, main parking lot turned into multiple parking decks ($10M)
2028 - Gemini’s 50th - renovation/conversion, including new trains, new station, and a paint job (white structure?) ($10M)
2029 - Magnum’s 40th - renovation, including new trains, new station (more efficient design to accommodate a larger area for front rows), tunnel effects, paint job. Camp Snoopy renovation ($15M)
2030 - The Next Big Coaster ($35M)

Last edited by CPGuru,

I can't find this

SV ruins all other rides.

I've heard on the web that intamin will buid something big for cedar point's 150th. It was from some guy who apparently knows an "inside source"

I dunno, seems a bit strange for intamin to be building something for cedar point in the future.

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

^Did he go by the name Lemon Chill Guy?

Could that intamin be a woodie??? It seems hard to screw up some breaks, a lifthill, and a simple computer to operate those two things.

SV ruins all other rides.

Two Words: Log Flume

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

^^I don't know about that. You would think a ride like STR would be hard to mess up, but somehow they managed to do that. MF is about the only ride they didn't screw up.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Cedar Point GCI said:
Could that intamin be a woodie??? It seems hard to screw up some breaks, a lifthill, and a simple computer to operate those two things.

I asked the same thing, but he said it was something better than that.

Burritos, Inspiration Point, Fork Balloon Sports, Cards in the Spokes, Automatic Biographies, Kites, Kung Fu, Trophies, Banana Peels We've Slipped On and Egg Shells We've Tippy Toed Over

You forgot the quote that all Cedar Fair parks will be getting a "Dark Ride" in the near future.

Sorry for the mess. Signature under construction.

Sure they are, but that doesn't mean Cedar Point can't receive multiple.

With Cedar Point, they can have their triotek junk pieces, but I eventually want to see something like Transformers at Universal installed, and that's what I meant by 'heavily themed' 'true' 'non-coaster' dark ride.

Last edited by CPGuru,

I'm on board with corkscrew being taken out and replaced except for the arches, but i think a launched premier rides coaster is a better choice because:

1. There's not much of a footprint, but as seen with rides like full throttle, premier doesn't need much of a footprint to build a good, unique coaster.

2. Premier track is a lot more similar to arrow track.

3. Intamin. 'nuff said.

Blue Streak renovation/conversion? Conversion to what? With the exception of reverting to the old style trains/lap bars how do you improve on a classic out and back woodie that functions just fine in its present state? Blue Streak is still everything it was built to be with the exception of those restraints.

I agree. Leave blue streak alone!

CPNostalgia said:

I'm on board with corkscrew being taken out and replaced except for the arches, but i think a launched premier rides coaster is a better choice because:

1. There's not much of a footprint, but as seen with rides like full throttle, premier doesn't need much of a footprint to build a good, unique coaster.

2. Premier track is a lot more similar to arrow track.

3. Intamin. 'nuff said.

They could use up more space from removal of Golds, wardrobe, and mechanical. Can't argue with #3 haha

Let's call it more of a revitalization/re-tracking by RMC without any change to the layout. This is done typically anyways, but on this occasion, it's the 60th anniversary. Now it may be running great now, but you don't know how it will hold up 9 years from now.

Paisley said:

Blue Streak renovation/conversion? Conversion to what? With the exception of reverting to the old style trains/lap bars how do you improve on a classic out and back woodie that functions just fine in its present state? Blue Streak is still everything it was built to be with the exception of those restraints.

Being as Blue Streak has held up just fine thus far I see no reason why it wouldn't be fine in the future so long as CP continues to maintain it. The old saying of don't fix it if it ain't broke applies perfectly to Blue Streak in this case.

What JUnderhill said. If it made it to 50 this well I don't think making it to 60 is likely to be a problem. They do need to reroof the garage/carport area though. I don't know why they didn't do that when they did the station roof.

What I'm saying is that re-tracking of wooden coasters is done on a regular basis, and the reason Blue Streak has made it to 50 so well is because it is constantly being retrofitted. But this is usually done in sections of track that badly need it. So on the 60th, they can re-track the entire ride and give it that continued smooth feeling.

Paisley said:

What JUnderhill said. If it made it to 50 this well I don't think making it to 60 is likely to be a problem. They do need to reroof the garage/carport area though. I don't know why they didn't do that when they did the station roof.

CPGuru said:

Still can't figure out if I returned from the future, or if I have too much time on my hands ;)

I don't think there is a lot of mystery there.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Neither is what happens to you in 2022 ;)

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service