2010 Food improvements

Margarita's are going to be in the Red Garter now. Its at the bottom of the show page. http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/park/shows/index.cfm

Last edited by KYJoe,

Too bad they coulden't have a good show in the garter.

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

crazy horse said:

When did they preview the new show? I didn't know anyone outside of LiveE had seen it yet.

Dead Men Tell No Tales

Food prices are never going to change, so I welcome the fact that they ARE improving on the quality. It's one thing to overcharge on crappy food, and it's another to pay a high price for something that actually tastes good. Cheap, good food is never gonna happen, so we might as well welcome expensive, tasty food :)

And you have to realize that the people who only visit once or twice a year ARE buying food in the park.

Californian in Ohio
'10 - TL Magnum XL-200
'09 - ATL Top Thrill Dragster
'08 - Magnum / Corkscrew crews
'07 - maXair / Magnum crews
'06 - Wicked Twister / Skyride / Millennium Force crews

Jeff said:
No more frozen pizza they'll be using fresh crust. They're cutting six slices per pie, so they'll be bigger pieces. Some locations will have "pizza sticks" as well with some kind of cheese and pizza sauce, because everything is better in stick form.

I look forward to trying the new pizza. Though I don't expect it to be as good as the new Domino's, I'm sure it will be an improvement.

Great Lakes Beer at Red Garter!

If they have dortmunder I'll be happy. If they have anything else, like maybe a seasonal, I'll be thrilled.

Hot dogs are going back to all-beef Sugardale. I don't eat red meat so you'll have to tell me if that's a good thing.

Definitely a good thing. Though I rarely eat hot dogs at the parks. Unless it's a picnic buffet. I work concessions for charity at Progressive field, they have sugardale coneys and sugardale all beef. The All Beef are far superior.

Chuckwagon Inn will be Montgomery Inn Ribs, all western style.

Never had Montgomery before. I will definitely give them a try some time this season.

All in all, it looks like things are beginning to move in a good direction with the food quality. Hopefully this is just the beginning.

Last edited by Jason Hammond,

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

It's a shame that the park isn't open during the month or so that you can actually purchase Christmas Ale, but I guess you can't win them all. Either Dortmunder or Burning River work fine for me ;)

And yeah, Montgomery Inn is pretty good. I'm not so sure about how the quality will transfer to amusement park food service, but again, it's good to see another Ohio-based company at the park.

The path you tread is narrow, and the drop is sheer and very high.

Hooray for me! I haven't eaten at Chuck Wagon since 2007 when they dumped the rotisserie chicken for pizza. I'm not sure why they thought that just because Frontier Inn became Chick-Fil-A they needed to keep pizza back there.

Montgomery Inn is served in the Rivertown Junction restaurant (formerly Wings Diner) at KI. It's not fantastic, but it's still decent BBQ. I'm not sure I would pick it over Famous Dave's though.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

factory81 said:
Chet and Matt's pizza is nothing to write home about.

The best deal is just driving down the causway to the pizza buffet place, or going to cedar downs.

I'll agree that East of Chicago is good if you're looking to get filled up while staying as close to the park as possible. But I prefer pizza that doesn't taste like cardboard, so the 5 minute drive to Chet and Matt's is worth it to me. Plus the buffet at Chet and Matt's is in line with the prices at EoC, they just don't offer their buffet all day.

I've always thought Cameo was the best pizza in Sandusky. Now, if there were only a way to get a Dutch Burger at the park.

2005 Power Tower crew

+1 on the Cameo Pizza and Dutch Burgers!

I agree with Ralph, The pizza buffet at the entrance to the park is terrible pizza, a good deal, but still terrible.

PREMiERdrum said:

crazy horse said:

When did they preview the new show? I didn't know anyone outside of LiveE had seen it yet.

Plastic instruments and a video game.

Yeah, I'll pass.

Heck, unless they scrap the DJ and bring the band back for Halloweekends, I'll probably pass then too. Last years show was terrible.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I don't really do the show thing. I can tell you though that what I saw last year when grabbing a beer vs the year before, there is no good repleacement for a live band.

I always made a point to catch the Monsters Rock (or whatever it is now) show each year.

But without a band, it's just Monsters Karaoke, and I can get that at my local bar.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I definitely agree with everyone on the live band issue. The Red Garter show was always one of my favorites with the live band. Now it just seems cheap and cheesy without the band. Come on Cedar Point...get back with the program and bring back the live band. One thing is for sure....the Rock Band Live show better have a live band, or I will be completely disappointed.

As for the new food offerings...I'm very excited. Finally a step in the right direction for the food department. Hopefully there will be plenty more changes for the better in the future.

2008 - Top Thrill Dragster Ride Host
Check out my Cedar Point videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/hartmanjake?feature=results_main

What in the world makes you think that Rock Band Live will have a live band? Its going to be 4 kids playing plastic instruments. A cheap cop out for the Live E department.

Goodbye MrScott

John

I could see it being a hit. Rockband and Guitar Hero are VERY popular with a pretty wide range of people.

Have you seen South Parks "Guitar Queer-O" episode? It is sad but true (even for myself) how addicting and cool the game is.

JuggaLotus said:
Plastic instruments and a video game.

Yeah, I'll pass.

What you are thinking of is going to be in the Jack Aldridge Theater this year, not Red Garter. From my understanding, Red Garter will be having a tropical band for the new show in there called "Tropical Beat - Island Heat". So I do believe a band is back at the Garter.

Last edited by 99er,

I'm a little late entering this topic, but here's my take. All these changes sound really good to me.. Great Lakes beer is really good. Gotta love local breweries.

And Montgomery Inn ribs.. wow! That's basically a Cincinnati brand they're bringing all the way up to the lake. And their barbecue sauce is phenomenal in my mind. I'll take those over Famous Dave's ribs any day of the week.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I have to disagree about montgomery being better than famous dave's, but they are not bad.

Now all we need is a skyline chili, and all will be well. :)

what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard.
Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it.
I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service