2010 Food improvements

I was at KI two weekends ago, and the line for subway was all the way back across the midway wating for it. And you also have to pay $15 for a foot long there too! And it wasn't even lunch time or dinner time!

They charge high prices at amusement parks because there are people who WILL PAY for it at some point. Families especially, will buy anything just to shut their whining kids up when they get hungry.

I only pay in the park when I get REALLY hungry. I pack a cooler with lunchables and pop and we stop at our car to eat lunch there. I buy dippen dots, and maybe a sno cone when it's hot. My friend will buy a freezing cold icee at night when its about 40 degrees out!!

I would be shocked if they didn't have some kind of on-property pizza service to the resorts. It's like an excuse to print money.

Of course, other than Friday's, they don't really have a place you can have a drink or three after the park closes either, or at least, not very late.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Pizza is good at the Grisgrill or whatever it is called by SRF. 4.25 for cheese 4.65 for pepperoni I think it was, generous portion. I will upload a pic of the pizza.

Police presence inside the park has increased.

Smoking in line has decreased to virtually no one smoking.

They have deep fried cheese curds, mini donuts, and bosco sticks (not sure if this is new this year).

Breakers got a Perkins restaurant (great addition for families).

Overall great day at the point today.

The cheese curds and mini donuts came part way through the season last year. I first saw them at Valleyfair in June. So, I'm guessing it was at some point after that when Cedar Point got it. The donuts were very good. I'm glad it's still there. Because I really want to try the curds.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

+10 Dutch Burgers, Casa Real is amazing mexican I mean the meal for 2 with everything only 11 and it fills you up. Chet and Matt's is amazing better then the hog trough pizza at EoC. Best chain is Papa Johns in my opinion but at Chet and Matts you can taste every topping on the pizza unlike other pizza places.

Last edited by CedarPointin2003,

Retired TL Ride Host 04-09 Miss you Cedar Point!

Tony and Tyler have an update on the new foods.

http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/fun/blog/2010/5/16/New_Foods.cfm

I saw churros outside Magnum on the resort gate side, I forget where else I saw them. They had them for Halloweekends the last couple years, I had them then. Pretty good.

Bosco sticks and funnel fries are near Wave Swinger. The hot dog stand that was there is now by the entrance for STR. They added a Nutty Bavarian stand across from CJ"s provisions near Albert the train.

The new items I had were Pizza, Sugardale hot dog and ketchup. I like the ketchup. It does have a different flavor, somewhat strong, not as much vinegar flavor as Heinz. I had the pizza at Midway Market. The pizza is much better quality than before. I thought the cheese tasted a little strange. MM had mostly the same items. The manager says they plan to mix it up a little more this year. They had chili which they usually save for fall. They have cloth napkins now. The price was $12.95 for lunch which I think is the same as last year. Didn't see a dinner price.

Most importantly, I requested free water from 3 or 4 different stands and they handed me a 16 oz., you read that right plastic cup of water. No tiny cups in sight.

On the down side we bought some soft serve at Coaster Creamery and got the most pitiful tiny amount of soft serve I've ever seen. I wasn't even a kiddie cone amount. I don't think it swirled around three times. That was about $4 a cone. I'd be embarrased to give that to a customer. Hopefully that was just a new employee learning the ropes and will improve.

I'm really liking the changes so far this year. Though I don't usually go up to a stand to get water (I go to the fountains), I know a lot of people do. I'm glad they got rid of the Dixie Cups ®. At least there will be less complaining about that.

Anyone try the Montgomery Inn ribs/bbq? Stopped in to take a look at pricing and what other items they had. Looks looks like a good place to try. Especially since I love bbq and I hear Montgomery Inn has some of the best ribs.

Some new vegetarian cusine would be nice. Great Lakes beer is an awesome addition.

Please remain in your seat until the ride comes to a complete and final stop.

Rollbacks: 1

CornStalk said:
Anyone try the Montgomery Inn ribs/bbq? Stopped in to take a look at pricing and what other items they had. Looks looks like a good place to try. Especially since I love bbq and I hear Montgomery Inn has some of the best ribs.

I tried the half slab of ribs on Saturday. They are pricey, but good. The meat falls off the bone and the servers behind the counter pour additional sauce on your serving of ribs once on the plate. I had mashed potatoe's w/ beef gravy and mac n cheese for the sides. Instant potatoe's and gravy were okay, as was the mac n cheese. The bread bun had kind of an odd taste.

The only gripe I have is the lack of moiste towelette's. One only has the standard napkin dispenser to use. Yes, the meat does fall of the bone, but these are BBQ ribs after all. Things can get messy!

Hmmm....

Perhaps a better solution would be a foot-pedal-operated BBQ Sauce Removal Station around the corner from the service counter?

I did notice that the concrete pretzel stand on the main midway is serving the same mediocre pretzels as last season, not the fresh-rolled ones that have appeared at Kings Island. I also noticed that the hot dog and bratwurst carts are now both $5 for sausage and chips, but tiny bottle of drink is no longer included. It's still one of the best deals in the park.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

It was a better deal with the 12oz drink. But, I'm off pop anyway. So, it doesn't matter to me. I love Johnsonville Brats. But, seeing as how I can get them at home all the time, I'll opt for the Montgomery Ribs and Tofts Ice Cream. Neither of them have locations near Cleveland. Tofts may be in some of the grocery stores. But, I don't usually keep ice cream at home. I just want the occasional Waffle Cone.

I figure the brat may actually be a slightly better deal than it was...with the drink it was $6 last year. It does make you wonder why the hot dog is the same price, though. Is the hot dog much bigger than the brat?

(I also wonder why bratwurst is completely unavailable at Kings Island...)

--Dave Althoff, Jr

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

I am impressed with CP's food improvements this year. We have churros in multiple spots, we have MORE VARIETY.

I have to say this is the best improvement in the food department in a few years.

On top of that the sense of value is back if you ask me. While $3 for a pop or $3.73 isn't a steal, the fact that for about $5 person you can feed them (and give them water)

Also there is a machine that for $5 will dry you off for 3 minutes now outside by SRF.

^ That machine was there all last year factory81

I saw from the train there is also a dryer machine outside the exit for Shoot the Rapids.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Jason Hammond said:
The cheese curds and mini donuts came part way through the season last year. I first saw them at Valleyfair in June. So, I'm guessing it was at some point after that when Cedar Point got it. The donuts were very good. I'm glad it's still there. Because I really want to try the curds.

Actually, Valleyfair has had cheese curds for years. I dunno, maybe it's the proximity to Wisconsin? In any case, my wife Diana ran into Gary just before the start of last season, and told him he "had to" get cheese curds at Cedar Point now that he was in charge. He sent me a giddy e-mail midseason with a picture of the new cart they'd use for the trial run, and that made the pregnant lady very happy. :) Glad to hear they're holding on for this year.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I noticed the new selections around the park and I'm pretty excited to try some of them. I didn't really eat "in" the park this past weekend, as my main meal each day consisted of Fridays and Famous Dave's.

I did try the cheese curds from the cart near Power Tower. $3.50 for a pretty decent amount of curds made me happy. I did have to wait about two minutes while they were "made fresh" but myself and the guy ahead of me were the only people buying anything at the time. Hopefully they'll be faster when they're busier.

hows the new perks place in the hotel and is it down stairs or up stairs in the hotel?

Jeff, I didn't mean Valleyfair got them after June, I meant Cedar Point got them after June. I guess I didn't really write it that clearly. I don't make it to Valleyfair enough to notice subtle changes like that. :-)

Ralph, the only negative thing I heard last year was that when it's real busy, some of the product was being made in the Top Thrill Dragster Grandstand and taken over to the cart. I guess in that process, the product didn't maintain it's temperature very well. I wouldn't mind waiting 2 minutes to get fresh product if they were slow. Hopefully that can come up with a better solution for the busier times.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service