2010 Food improvements

Purportedly some of the best pizza Sandusky has to offer: Chet & Matt's

Brandon

Thanks.

As far as local food goes, I've only eaten outside of the park at Casa Real on 250 in the Econo Lodge parking lot and Marco's Pizza which is surprisingly very much like the generic Little Ceasers.. Its good, but not great. . I love Mexican food and Casa Real is really good. Just don't do a shot of Tequila and ride maXair.

Awesome tip! Not only do we love real Mexican food, we often stay at LaQuinta, right across the street! :)

Brandon

I like the changes, especially the Chuck Wagon. I had issues with a western themed place named Chuck Wagon being a pizza joint. Maybe they were going after a spaghetti western kind of thing. Anyway the Montgomery Inn ribs are very good, Great Lakes beer is also top notch. The old pizza was not too good and the old hot dogs were nothing special. Now they need to get Stadium Mustard from Cleveland.

A Chet & Matt's in the park would be the best idea ever.

Is Great Lakes beer being added to what they previously had to offer, or replacing Blue or Bud or whatever else they had?

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

@Clevelandkid. I think they need to get Mustard period. Every time I've gone to a condiment station, its either filthy or just plain out of Mustard and Ketchup and getting someone to refill it takes longer than actually getting your food.

I hate that, especially after waiting a half hour for a corn dog that looks like it has leprosy.

2005 Power Tower crew

On a minor note, Cedar Fair has also signed a 5 year contract with the Red Gold Company, who specialize in tomato products. They will provide Cedar Fair with "Official Ketchup" for a few of the regional parks, such as: Cedar Point, Kings Island, Michigan's Adventure, Soak City and Wildwater Kingdom.

Press Release
http://www.insideindianabusiness.com/newsitem.asp?ID=41011

Cedar Point Lifer, RideOp, Now Park Guest
2008 - Mantis/MF/Skyride
2009 - ATL Raptor
2010 - TL Sweeps
2011 & 2012 - Area 3 Rides Supervisor

I am sorry but I think Kennywood's food is horrible. It is to oily and greasy. I hate those Potato fries but the corn-dogs there are pretty good.

Pepsi Refresh is saving one coaster at a time: http://pep.si/bTTsfc

coolkid2345 said:It is to oily and greasy.

Hmmmm....kind of like deep fried food at every park;)

coolkid2345 said:
I am sorry but I think Kennywood's food is horrible. It is to oily and greasy. I hate those Potato fries but the corn-dogs there are pretty good.

Your one of those dudes that gets sushi at a ballgame aren't you...

2005 Power Tower crew

He's the one person on the site I will actually call out as never knowing what he's talking about. Kennywood food is pretty good all around, and dissing the Potato Patch is like kicking someone in the nuts and pushing them into an electric fence. It's just not something you do.

Two words: Free toppings.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Gee I would never expect fried foods to be greasy! lol

Kennywood has awesome food. Pot Roast, Turkey & Stuffing, Strawberry Parfait, Double Ice Cream Cone, and Potato Patch fries are things I have got in the past. All good stuff! I also like grossing out the others I am with by gettng the beef gravy on the fries cause it is so out of the ordinary!

Andrew Hartman

*CP Fan since 1999*

#1's: Voyage @ Holiday World, Superman: Ride of Steel (now Bizarro) @ Six Flags New England

I can has Kennywood pot roast? :)

My author website: mgrantroberts.com.

Chet and Matt's pizza is nothing to write home about.

The best deal is just driving down the causway to the pizza buffet place, or going to cedar downs.

If I have to pay more than 15% mark-up in the park I won't pay for it. Because at that point it is a rip off. I am not asking for $1 Double Cheeseburgers and dollar draft beer, but I am asking for a fair price.

On top of this they still need to consider setting up a meal plan of some sort, and I think if they had a combo ticket that was a good buy they might be surprised.

For instance offer pizza and a beer for $10 (good pizza mind you). If they did a $10 pizza and beer combo I bet it would be the most popular item in the park almost.

I think the margarita place is going to be an absolute hit. Parents are tired of walking around all day watching their kids ride rides, and they want a clean, cool, place to sit and enjoy the beach, attractions, and weather.

Where is the margarita place located?

I just wish I could grab a shot and a bloody mary in the park. I guess famous daves isn't too far away.

EDIT - Kings Island had a full bar over by Delirium. It was great to grab a drink and roll out.

Last edited by Kyle2154,

Ah, Lt. Dan's Backyard Bar. Or whatever it's called now. I have some good BeastBuzz memories from there.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Usually half way through the day I really need a shot. Its a damn shame it takes almost a half hour and leaving the park to get a good drink. I'm a Jack man myself.

What I want to know is...are they going to go back to fresh pretzels?

At Kings Island this year I noticed an upgrade at the pretzel stand on International Street. The one I got was slightly underdone, but it had only been baked once, and was more like the old Pretzel Time pretzels that Cedar Point used to have, than the partially baked/refrigerated/finish-baked ones they've been serving the past few years that are only slightly better than the (factory baked/frozen/reheated) Superpretzels.

(referring specifically to the concrete stand between Scrambler and Pagoda Gifts)

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service