The Boardwalk - New for 2023

If by "old electric sign and a retro look" you mean incandescent, I wouldn't hold my breath. Aside from nostalgia, LEDs are the superior choice.

It looks like Tik... er, Calypso may have received a new operator booth?

Brandon

Ive been slow to get excited about this years additions, especially with dragster work, but I’m starting to get excited about this years additions.

First ride; Magnum 1994

djDaemon:

Aside from nostalgia, LEDs are the superior choice.

Ah yes, but it all still runs on electricity. As opposed to a flat painted sign without nary a spotlight, even…

I’m not a fan of LED on rides (Kings Island ruined there Scrambler and Troika, IMO) but Matterhorn got the treatment and I’ll assume Calypso and Scrambler will as well.

On classic rides, LEDs used to replicate the old incandescent light patterns, as we see on Matterhorn, or even LEDs used for classic-style (dare I use the word "tasteful"?) light patterns are a big WIN so far as I'm concerned.

I'm less excited by the constant color-changing "hey look what cool tricks I can do!" LED lighting we see so much of these days.

Says the guy with the year-round RGB LEDs on the front of his house.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

djDaemon:

If by "old electric sign and a retro look" you mean incandescent, I wouldn't hold my breath. Aside from nostalgia, LEDs are the superior choice.

You can purchase LED's that are warm instead of super bright and cold to get the incandescent look, but I am willing to bet that will not be the case.

Ahhhhh C.P. My Happy Place!

I love the lights on Giant Wheel.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I wish there were more LEDs that had programs where the default mode was a warm, incandescent look, sprinkled with a flashy, color-changing “show” every or often. Best of both worlds. Such a thing has to be easy to program. Wish we saw that more.

In TV/film lighting that is LED-based, you generally need to have bi-color LED's, which cost generally about 15% more, to range the color temperature between 2700K and 6500K. I imagine the cost is less for display lighting, but I'm not a fan of the practically-blue 2700K end of the range.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Say, whatever happened to the museum, anyway? Is it ever going to open??

The park stated that the museum is perpetually on hold, which is a damn shame.

Promoter of fog.

Guess you could say the museum is......history.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

I wonder if they will get some artifacts from Town Hall into the new Grand Pavilion. Would make sense - considering this whole project is a nod to CP's history, and the building itself is sitting on a very important piece of real estate.

It really is a shame to see that building closed and locked every time I walk by it. I hope they can pick back up with it in a couple of years after the Dragster reimagining.

I wonder if they had to put it on hold due to COVID and the expedited funding for the Dragster project (assuming Dragster 2024 was never in their 5 year plan), or if they just scrapped the idea altogether for whatever reason.

I don't know about other artifacts from Town Hall (or elsewhere in the park) but at Winter Chill-Out it was revealed that some of the stained glass windows in the original Grand Pavilion (the Convention Center) had not been removed when the drywall was put up and the HVAC was installed. So they removed one or more of them for installation in the new Pavilion.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

I know everything costs money and Covid was a big issue. Wondering the WHY behind them canceling the town hall revamp, because if they had plans to do it already, you would think the money and plan was already in place.

First ride; Magnum 1994

Not sure if this was posted before - during Winter Chill Out CP revealed some of the menu items at the Pavilion. I might go there every weekend just to eat!

https://cpfoodblog.com/first-look-at-cedar-point-grand-pavilion-menu/

Pavilion's not listed on the websites dining page yet. Chick fil a, Mac shack, Roost, Dive in, and Turnip are gone. Lakeside express is still there, funny even the picture shows it shuttered.

Still hopefully waiting for info on what's getting a replacement.

Last edited by Hudson,

Jordan_Vanichek:

I wonder if they will get some artifacts from Town Hall into the new Grand Pavilion.

This makes a lot of sense. Displaying the park's history in paces where people can actually see and appreciate it would be nice.

Because let's face it, Town Hall never got the kind of foot traffic the park's rich history deserves. Which I guess was part of it's charm, but displaying these artifacts throughout the park achieves the goal of communicating that history without the cost of "operating" Town Hall.

But I'd rather it stay.

Brandon

I'm excited to see the new food options, especially since they're likely to be on the dining plan. Hopefully the area can handle the 'new coaster' crowds.

I see a lot of action this morning - albeit difficult to see clear due to the sun angle on the lake into the camera.

Multiple cement trucks, looks like a layout going on the atomic scrambler pad. Exciting times!

Ahhhhh C.P. My Happy Place!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service