The Boardwalk - New for 2023

Why are there less red and yellow buckets than green and blue ones on Giant Wheel?

I’m not sure how you’re counting them but it goes like this:
6 red with yellow, 6 yellow with red, 6 dark green with light green, 6 light green with dark green, 6 dark blue with light blue and 6 light blue with dark blue = 36 total. Maybe the weirdness is that the red and yellow sets involve two different primary colors and the other sets are shades of the same colors. I suppose a consistent solution would be red and light red but that would read pink. Yellow and light yellow would be hard to distinguish.
Scrambler had tubs of a vibrant pink but who knows what the refreshed ride will look like.
But the colors on Giant Wheel look nice and pick up colors used around the park on various rides so they don’t clash with anything really. I’m surprised, however, that they’ve remained the same for so long.

And here I always assumed the Giant Wheel color scheme was a Freemason or Illuminati symbol.

Edit: Illemonati symbol.

Last edited by Dvo,

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

There’s so much wrong with that joke I don’t know where to start.

We're not even going to play with a joke like that. That's your warning.

Promoter of fog.

It’s been removed. To be clear, it was not Dvo’s joke.

Awww. I always miss the good stuff.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Yeah, I sat here for far too long trying to understand what was offensive about DVO's post.

Brandon

HAHA I had a very short panic when I saw those posts. I wasn't sure if there was a not-so-closeted Illuminati following in Ohio these days, and I was triggering the CP faithful. I missed the post in question, but sounds like I didn't miss much. Thanks for clarifying :D

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Maybe this was the point of the joke and I should sit down, but did you know that Sandusky Ohio’s original plat was designed by a Freemason and the street layout was not the standard square grid, but resembled Masonic emblems, mainly the square and compasses? Which is probably why (even after having been born there then living there for four summers while in college) I still find that town so confusing to navigate. Diagonals cross-crossing everywhere.

^That's super interesting and finally explains why there are so many strange angled turns when venturing around right outside the downtown area that I never understood.

Like Detroit. Laid out like Versailles.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

This from Sanduskyhistoryblogspot.

Detroit is laid out like Versailles?

I've seen Sandusky's weird layout... But never Detroit?

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Very much the same way. I believe they call it a 'hub and spoke' system

Yep. The "spokes" that meet in downtown Detroit are Fort St., Michigan Ave., Woodward Ave., Grand River Ave., Jefferson Ave., and Gratiot Ave. These radiate outward, in some cases quite a ways, with Gratiot going all the way to Port Huron 60 miles to the NE, and Woodward going up to Pontiac 50 miles to the NW.

Brandon

Going back to the Matterhorn question...

Neither Cedar Point's Mack Matterhorn nor the one at Geauga Lake (which I knew as Yukon Yahoos) was designed to run in reverse. Remember both rides have non-latching lap bars which means if you don't want your passengers flying down the midway, it's best to keep the ride forces pushing them backward into the seat...which means forward operation.

Now the Allan Herschell/Chance Flying Bobs/Rock & Roll/Thunderbolt is an entirely different ride altogether.

[everyone replies: "It's an entirely different ride."]

That ride has a latching lap bar and can, and usually does, run in reverse. The Allan Herschell one at Coney Island park switched directions on every cycle (they did the same thing with their Trabant). That ride is now at Indiana Beach and last time I was there was running in the same way, switching directions on each cycle.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

There is a lot of construction activity to be seen on the webcam. They poured the pad for Matterhorn, in process of pouring Scrambler. I see some has been poured around the Troika side of Giant Wheel, perhaps that is why they attached the cabins last week not wanting heavy vehicle traffic on the freshly/not yet set cement.

There is a smaller circle poured near Troika entrance, any opinions of what that is for? Don't say a base for New Space Spiral.

When you look at the concept art, the circle is between the mouse and grand pavilion....

Maybe the one we see is the base for the new Space Spiral - JK! ;-)

Ahhhhh C.P. My Happy Place!

It’s an off and on misty day, but from what I can tell it seems as if the Tiki Twirl marquee sign is gone, perhaps meaning Calypso isn’t far behind. Fingers crossed for the old electric sign and a retro look.

Maybe Tiki Twirl will be preserved and appear at Melt or Keat’s. (It sure won’t be the museum…)

Last edited by RCMAC,

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service