The Boardwalk - New for 2023

Cartwright brings up a good point about the luau. Perhaps they'll bring that part back this year but have the food/drink stands in the boardwalk area instead of the previous location. Similar to Frontier Fest but a different time of year.

Last edited by Scott Cameron,

I feel it makes more sense to have it right next to a gate too instead of way back like frontier town is.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Not so fast- I can’t think of a major boardwalk that doesn’t have at least one dark ride. The entire Jersey Shore has a long legacy as do the popular amusements further down the east coast, with Rehoboth and Ocean City leading the pack.
Having said that, I wish that there was less of a call to revive those tired-assed dark rides Cedar Point had in the 60s. I understand fond memories and I rode each of those hundreds of times when I was young, but those rides were bad. The Upside Down Funhouse was non-compliant and efforts to install a funhouse that is accessible is most always a failure and not worth the time or money.
And I will say it for the hundredth time and 100 times more if I have to, the Colosseum should not be used for a dark ride. But if it should happen the front should be on that back side of the building.

To be clear, I was referring to an enclosed ride seeming out of place on this boardwalk themed area. There are plenty of non-waterfront spots they could build an enclosed ride, which is not the case for an actual boardwalk.

Brandon

Oh, yes, I’d agree with that. I mean, there is that view of the lake that must be preserved at all cost, lol.

yeah man, we need a Space Mountain type of ride or something up on that beachfront. There's not a single ride at CP anymore where you can be hurtling through darkness, not knowing what's comin' up around the next corner. Thats a unique feeling that I want to feel more up on the point.

Sit tight fellas ;)

Just bring back Fascination and call it a day.

Plague on Wheels:

you can be hurtling through darkness, not knowing what's comin' up around the next corner. Thats a unique feeling that I want to feel more up on the point.

Some here have offered the opinion that you have already been hurtling through darkness all on your own. (I'm sorry, just joking with you.I couldn't resist)

I mean, you could just close your eyes if you don't want to see where you're going.

Grand Pavilion's roof is finally getting finished, and that blue looks fantastic. Nice to see things coming together over there.

Brandon

It took me awhile to find the blue. It does look better than the lavendar plastic skin that is on the majority of the roof this afternoon. It looks like it might be very similar in color to the Giant Wheel support structure.

Just like the old game played in newspapers everywhere, find at least 6 differences between these two pictures. 124 hours apart. I would say they have enough time.

March 4:

March 9:

It also took me a moment to find the blue, but it does look great. Foundation work for Atomic Scrambler and Matterhorn taking shape.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

And some new concrete work for Calypso!

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

Station also coming to life for Wild Mouse.

Still waiting for that "high structural work" to start on Dragster. Maybe next Monday?

Promoter of fog.

Kevinj:

Still waiting for that "high structural work" to start on Dragster. Maybe next Monday?

What high structural work? I haven't heard of any high structural work set to start. If you're talking about that person who posted to facebook saying he plans to go up to the tower to start the process, he might be trolling.

I've definitely been "high" on the dragster "structure" before. I wouldn't call it "work" though, right fellas?

Sit tight fellas ;)

Today's update really increased the difficulty in the find the differences game.

Live feeds show a pretty miserable morning to be working outside at the Point.

Last edited by GoBucks89,

Plague on Wheels:

I've definitely been "high" on the dragster "structure" before. I wouldn't call it "work" though, right fellas?

Questionably Placed "Quotation Marks"

I’m sitting tight for that ignore button ;-)

https://github.com/POPWorld...issues/318

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service