Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

Here's Tony's quote, which does not imply this is "regular" or "routine" maintenance.

“We are performing some maintenance work in and around the lagoon below Iron Dragon, so track sections had to be removed for equipment,” he said.

If it is maintenance that is not regular that would explain why it hasn't been seen previously.

Brandon

The lagoon was also in the process of being drained if anybody noticed.

I don't see that quote as misleading if some of this maintenance work has something to do with TTD. It seems as though it was just left unsaid. It's a pretty big coincidence that those track pieces and columns need to come out in this moment. I'm am in no way saying "Spike!!!" I'm actually not really into the idea of a spike. But is the ID track removal just a crazy coincidence? Seems unlikely to me.

Last edited by vwhoward,

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

It ain't gonna be just a bigger wicked twister. That's so 2002.

Sit tight fellas ;)

Oh yeah? Then explain why Wicked Twister was removed. Huh? Yeah… that’s right. You can’t.

/s

It always amazes me how often people choose to add additional complexity when given pieces of information. A lot of people are letting their own desires draw conclusions that are not supported. Sometimes the correct answer is the simplest solution. Meaning if the park says it’s for maintenance purposes and not related to Dragster, then it’s very likely just for maintenance and not related to Dragster. No complexity needed.

Yeah but what if it's not? Plague on Wheels told me all I need to know. Sitting tight.

/s

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I don’t know about you, but if I was sitting any tighter, I’d be in a world of hurt.

But they didn't say it wasn't related to TTD, Potato. It's not complex at all.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

They also didn't say it wasn't related to them building a dome over the park.

vwhoward, right from the Cleveland.com piece,

Clark said the removal of Iron Dragon track was not related to Dragster’s rebuild.

vwhoward:

But they didn't say it wasn't related to TTD...

We don't know that. It's possible Tony stated this explicitly and the quote wasn't included in the article, yet the information was included.

Brandon

djDaemon said:

"It may not be that removing ID track was strictly necessary for whatever work they're doing there, but instead that removing track makes their job a hell of a lot easier, and perhaps less costly....

Brandon, I agree with your statement. I'm going to stir the pot here. Listen up. Remember when the land around TTD was first being prepped back in the fall of 2002 (especially around the area where Troika USED to sit and close by the old PWE loading station)? I was trying to find pics online but can't remember where I saw them. I'll have to look in my old photo albums, anyhow.....

The lagoon/water area had to be enclosed by iron plates, (around the current TTD brake run area coming down from the top hat) " dammed" I guess you would say , to allow fill dirt to be poured into a new area of construction and to allow water to be removed from the past lagoon area that ISN'T there any longer. CP has done this numerous times over the years. I believe this is what we are currently going to have in the area directly behind the current TTD photo stand. This area is most likely going to be filled in with fill dirt, but you have to allow the cranes to get in that area to be able to drop the heavy iron plates to "dam" it up. Thoughts?

Last edited by CPfan1976,

I wish people would read the actual quote, Tony never said anything about TTD when talking about the ID track removal. The journalist definitely implied he did though, they sure like to twist people's words all the time.

“We are performing some maintenance work in and around the lagoon below Iron Dragon, so track sections had to be removed for equipment,” he said.

Where in there is TTD mentioned?

I prefer the quote from Tony's blog, dated today, March 2nd 2023:

"We have a lot more exciting updates to share in the coming weeks"

The clock is tickin' fellas.

Last edited by Plague on Wheels,

Sit tight fellas ;)

The blog was about the new wild mouse. POW that is a stretch to connect with what we are talking about.

The Crystal Method is the only way to find The Winner!

I think that was the point...

So this ^ is the pic I was talking about from the Fall of 2002. Notice how the lagoon was closed off and fill dirt was later added to make more buildable land area for TTD. This spot is just directly after the bottom of the current TTD top hat returning to the old station. Is this what CP is planning to do behind the current TTD photo booth to shorten the lagoon/ extend the current land area? I think it's a good possibility.

Plague on Wheels:

I prefer the quote from Tony's blog, dated today, March 2nd 2023:

"We have a lot more exciting updates to share in the coming weeks"

It's almost like Tony's entire job is to get folks excited about Cedar Point.

I agree, fake news. I'm sick of these biased woke reporters with their hidden agendas. Give me the raw Tony quote, not your talking point narrative.

Last edited by Plague on Wheels,

Sit tight fellas ;)

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service