Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

Sure there are. You really think they're building this dueling 500-foot aquatrax with heavily immersive show buildings in less than 15 months?

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Aquatrax you say? Well that explains the hole filled in with water where the transfer track was.

I don't think there is any playback loop going on with the webcam. If they wanted to hide what's going on from the webcam they would just reposition it to point somewhere else.

Somebody's been watching too much "Speed."

Imagine the capacity boost of the reimagined Top Thrill Bus.

Once that bus reaches 50 mph, better not let it drop below that mark!

For just taking the track off the tower, heavy lift helicopter would probably make more sense; faster, simpler & likely cheaper as well.

Girl: "l want to ride that yellow one again... Twisted Wicker"
Me: "It's a roller coaster, not a broken clothes hamper."

Today they put the fog machines on overdrive to hide what is goin on with the boardwalk and the Dragster tower.

DA20Pilot:

Somebody's been watching too much "Speed."

Pop quiz, hot shot. What do you do when the Single Riders group holds the ride ops hostage in an effort to get a front-row ride?

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I want to know what single rides group it is.

You think he is going to tell you that?

Will the top hat still be used if the trains can't get up past the top hat?

There is a construction crew around the uptower lights right now.

Looks like a work truck with trailer (generator or water tank?). A service pickup, and what looks to me like either a cement mixer or a small crane.

I saw them pull pads out for what looks like stabilizer legs for a crane.

Edit: No wait, that's an auger, they're drilling holes in the ground. It looks like ~3' wide drill from my guess unless it's core samples. Can't tell for sure.

Last edited by TwistedCircuits,

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

Definitely signs of a construction site!!

Those trucks look to me like what you might use to pull some samples of the soil to do soil testing prior to finalizing design and construction. Its certainly something!

Seems odd that they'd need to take "core samples" given the amount of excavation that's occurred throughout the peninsula in the last century or so. It's not as though the composition of the earth is a mystery around there.

Brandon

Probably some sort of contractual requirement from CP or even the county

Yeah, that's fair. I suppose it being a requirement makes sense.

Brandon

I'm looking forward to all the people going to Chill Out and posting here. The rumors after these trucks appeared have gotten as extreme as a part of Iron Dragon has been removed for crane clearance. Wish I was going. Enjoy, all who are!

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Well, Winter Chill already produced! The crazy Iron Dragon rumor is actually true. Wow.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service