Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

Here is another aerial look:

https://twitter.com/ttdupda..._point.htm

Winter chillout's less than 2 weeks away. Will they have a dragster presentation for us? Will they pretend like it doesn't exist? Will they put the wall back up, or let us swim through the puddles? Will they raffle off the christmas tree?

(all questions rhetorical, unless...)

My guess is that there will not be much, if any, mention regarding TTD at WCO this year.

Agreed. After all, what does the park have to gain by providing an update? Better to focus on this season's additions.

Brandon

Not saying that they will, but, they have dropped hints and clues in years past presentations. Just enough to keep people talking.

Seems like the aerial photos from outsiders are plenty sufficient to keep people talking.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Oh they definitely are, and we all know how the park feels about photos of construction that they didn't release. Remember the wco where they teased a single photo of the 2nd hill for SV? There were unauthorized photos of that construction all over the place, but the park still teased even though we all knew what was coming at that point.

I would expect some mention of it, given they have posted about it and included it in their presentation at en event recently (ACE?). Tony even teased a little about it on his Twitter page, so they have shown that it is not taboo at this point. Though, I would not expect any more than what they have already teased.

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

I’m pretty sure the marketing team made their announcement about TTD 2024 to shut the enthusiasts up who continue to ask on every social media post for an update.

I’m in no way a WCO expert, but if I remember years past, they tend to focus on the new additions of the upcoming season. Not future seasons. Besides, CP loves to tease its fans.

The fact that that announcement occurred on the 20th anniversary of the original ride announcement, I'd have to think it had more to do with that than to shut the enthusiasts up.

TwistedWicker77:

I’m pretty sure the marketing team made their announcement about TTD 2024 to shut the enthusiasts up who continue to ask on every social media post for an update.

Yeah, I'm sure that's priority one.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I’m being over exaggerative. Don’t look too hard into it.

My point is - Cedar Point will probably not take the focus away from what’s new for 2023 to answer a bunch of questions about 2024 when there will be plenty opportunity for that at next year’s WCO event.

My bet is there will be some hint to a 500 ft coaster or aquatrax left somewhere just to get us riled up while they just sit back and laugh, much like they've done in the past!

Seems to me the park doesn't really need to hint or tease at all. Some enthusiasts do that all on their own. Read into anything and everything the park says (or doesn't say). Enthusiasts are self-executing in that regard.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/live-video

Laughed hard when checking out camera #2 this afternoon, especially after knowing the recent changes (removal) of lights on the tower. This "stock/loop" footage (even with the tower lights flashing and birds flying by) is pretty convincing. Is it live or is it Memorex? ;)

In the February aerial picture link up above the tower lights are still there. I think camera #2 is live.

Ummm, I don't think it was ever said the tower lights were removed. The Christmas Tree lights at the launch area - yes, but the tower - negative.

Last edited by Jordan_Vanichek,

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

Yes the lights on the tower are for the airplanes so they won’t accidentally fly into TTD, Millennium, Magnum, Steel Vengeance, Valravn, Windseeker, etc. My cousin works at WDW in Florida, and I asked him about the ball at Epcot having the blinking light at the top and he said anything over 200’ has to for the planes ✈️.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

You are referring to the strobes that are on the tower, the tree lights are the orange and green countdown lights on the tower.

So since the new TTD is coming in 2024, do we think the original 2024 plans were but on the back burner orrrr two new attractions for 2024?

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service