Top Thrill Dragster 2022 Status

“Cute cat, what’s its name?”

”Annoying Customer”

While I agree that I am tired of seeing red or yellow combinations in the park, all I care about is the quality of the ride. I for one enjoyed Dragster and the experience completed each trip for me. As long as the launch has that similar unique feeling, I don’t care what they paint it, name it, or do with the rest of the layout.

Jungle Larry theme. That's what I want.

argues just for clicks

Looks like they have been doing more demo on it since closing. Some recent high res aerial pics.

https://www.reddit.com/r/cedarpoint/comments/zr3msr/top_thrill_dragster_dec_aerial_update/

Interesting look. Some of the excavating they are doing makes more than just replacing the launch possible.

They're excavating in the area of the transfer track, station, and queue, which would be exactly what you'd expect if they were installing new launch and controls systems and rerouting the queue.

Brandon

Exactly. Not to mention, possibly putting an electrical/PLC room or transformers next to the station and launch track instead of where the hydraulic launch used to live. Less distance to run electrical and data, perhaps?

Copper ain't cheap. You want cables as short as possible.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Also, I would imagine voltage drop is a consideration. Even a relatively small percentage of loss would add up quickly over several hundred thousand launches.

Brandon

I wonder if loading/unloading is going to change at all.

Oh, who am I kidding? They’re totally clearing that for the Maverick clone they’re putting in there.

Velocicoaster clone

argues just for clicks

Top Thrill Mavelocicoasterick.

Brandon

Ok. TTD popped back up on their website after months of being gone. And it has the same statement as release attached. And I think my opinion has complete changed. I don’t even think they are going to name change it anymore. “As you know it” suggests the reverse of what initially took it to mean. “As you know it” after thinking about it sounds like the Top Thrill branding will stay but the ride will change. And I think it will just be a simple launch change and not a new layout now

I didn't realize TTD had been removed from the site.

Brandon

Yeah it has been gone for months. Came back up in the last couple of days as “Top Thrill Dragster (Closed)” and contains the press release

Voltage drop doesn't add up over time and use. Voltage drop is constant and usage doesn't matter. But I do agree that copper is expensive and the shortest run possible would be the smartest option.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

The loss of energy efficiency costs money, and that cost accumulates over time.

Brandon

Fair enough. Efficiency designed around Power Factor.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

SpeedDemon:

And I think it will just be a simple launch change and not a new layout now

Promoter of fog.

Closed topic.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service