The Boardwalk - New for 2023

I don't so much have an issue with the same or similar colors popping up throughout the park as I do when they pop up right next to one another - see Rougarou and Valravn, and Iron Dragon and TTD.

I personally think the orange and yellow Wild Mouse will look great over there.

Brandon

It's funny, looking at the concept art vs. the webcam the area looks a little more compact than I had previously thought. Im sure its just how the webcam is looking at the project. I would love wide open space by the water.

I think in the concept art there might have been an ice cream shop next to the wild mouse. I hope that comes to fruition. I was just thinking that if they could have funnel cake and ice cream it would really make this board walk section awesome.

argues just for clicks

There is indeed an ice cream shop in the concept art - "Cool Cat Ice Cream" - but there was also a faux mountain in SRF's concept art, so... :-)

Brandon

It's called CONCEPT art for a reason- It's a "concept".

Frog Hopper King:

I think in the concept art there might have been an ice cream shop next to the wild mouse. I hope that comes to fruition. I was just thinking that if they could have funnel cake and ice cream it would really make this board walk section awesome.

Ohhh...let's down some ice cream and a funnel cake before hopping in line for a spinning ride...what could possibly go wrong??? I'm not disagreeing with you, it fits the boardwalk theme perfectly, but its bound to happen. LOL

Nick

I was looking at footage of the Çilgin Mekik that Briella linked earlier. It's got some mountain theming going on there also. CP's job is a bit easier when the theme itself is 'amusement park'. Mountains definitely wouldn't fit here.

It'll be fun to see what they do with lighting. Even seeing it lit up at night with the construction lights looks interesting. I'm not opposed to the wide open space, but I suspect the fencing will need to be a bit heavier and view obstructing than the concept art implies.

djDaemon:

Plus, pretty good potential VIP fireworks viewing area.

This 100% as it beats a wooden chair sinking 3 feet into the sand.

I understand that concept art is really just trying to give a general picture of what the project could be. I guess I was and still am that the concept art is more representative to what we will get in the end.

Tennessee_CP_Fan:

Ohhh...let's down some ice cream and a funnel cake before hopping in line for a spinning ride...what could possibly go wrong??? I'm not disagreeing with you, it fits the boardwalk theme perfectly, but its bound to happen. LOL

In Middle school, My friends and I used to get a full meal and milkshake and then get in line for Mean Streak. We would see who could eat their meal the fastest and then not throw up after riding Mean Streak. (We called it the Mean Streak Milkshake challenge). There are bound to be some knuckle head middle schoolers who will do the same.

argues just for clicks

So, please refresh me. With this present webcam view where are Matterhorn and Scrambler to be placed? Is one to the left of Tiki Twirl where the blue crane vehicle is, and the other near Windseeker side of Mouse?

Atomic Scrambler will be around where the crane is, and Matterhorn will be to the right of that.

Brandon

Intro of the new car for While Mouse. Video with Tony Clark included. https://twitter.com/Acrobaticfrog/status/1592587683548651521

Last edited by Briella,

I know I should withhold judgement until I see it in person, but based on the pictures that looks pretty cheesy if I'm being honest.

Brandon

Nah, judge everything based on the limited trickle of info we get. Looks like the seats are straight across instead of curved. I'm sure my legs will appreciate that. Also not seeing seat belts. Tony's still sticking to the 18th coaster line.

Last edited by Hudson,

djDaemon:

I know I should withhold judgement until I see it in person, but based on the pictures that looks pretty cheesy if I'm being honest.

Bahhh dum dum....

I love the fact that the rest of mice that "Chase the cheese". That's really cute.

argues just for clicks

The cars are so... cheesy. 😂

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Not cheese, rather SpongBob Squarepants.

Of course the disappointing news out of IAAPA today is that Premier Rides and Weiland Schwarzkopf are teaming up to reintroduce the Wildcat coaster. Why is that disappointing? Because now that it is a possibility, I kind of wish Cedar Point was getting one of those instead of this Mouse!

I’m sure what we see at IAAPA isn’t what the cars will look like at Cedar Point…we KNOW they will figure out some way to put seat belts in there…!

—Dave Althoff, Jr.
Who is not at the IAAPA show, but is in the neighborhood…

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

I live about an hour away from the OCCC where the show is going on. I drove right past it yesterday on the way from SeaWorld to Universal. I could see the Big IAAPA banner while going up the lift hill on Mako.

Last edited by Thabto,

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Love these coasters. Especially Galaxy Spin at Fun Spot Kissimmee. The trick on that one to get more spinning is sitting heaviest to lightest from the left side. Even if only 2 of you, sit all the way to the left and next to each other. The only bummer issue is when the cars don't release to spin.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service