Wicked Twister Deconstruction

Does anyone else on here like Rougarou?

I like it, but for me it's a "2nd tier" ride and definitely not something I feel like I have to ride every visit. But if I see that it's a station only wait and I have time, I'll ride it.

^Which is why it's a must-ride every time I go. I like Rougarou a lot, and there's basically never a wait for it. It's not my favorite floorless by a long shot, but it's a fun ride.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Shawn Meyer said:

Does anyone else on here like Rougarou?

I’m sorry but I do happen to like it wether it had a line or not. That type of coaster is something that isn’t found at every Cedar Fair park so you should take advantage of it when you can in my opinion.

Last edited by Jake10,

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

It's all gone, per Tony's tweet. :(

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

Now it's time for the anticipation of what's to come there to begin. Hopefully, a wooden roller coaster along the beach.

To begin? That’s already a 5 year old conversation here.

^ Yeah but now Wicked Twister is no more now. It was speculation before in those 5 years of whether or not they would be removing it or not.

With Twister gone they’ve really opened up the view of the lake…. Only three more rides to tear down and you’ll have a great view from Blue Streak

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I don't really know if they're actually going to tear down those rides, though. I'd say it's rather unlikely.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

I've always said, my biggest gripe with the coasters at CP is that you just can't see the lake.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

^ Well, at least WT had a wonderful view of Lake Erie, or as the high school kids in front of me one time in line stated:"I didn't know this park was next to an Ocean."

I would imagine one of the primary reasons for taking down WT was to open up views of the beach. Wouldn't replacing it with another coaster (especially a wooden coaster) do the opposite?

jimmyburke said:

^ Well, at least WT had a wonderful view of Lake Erie, or as the high school kids in front of me one time in line stated:"I didn't know this park was next to an Ocean."

I think that's fit for the thread about crazy things you hear waiting in line.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

! said:

]Wouldn't replacing it with another coaster (especially a wooden coaster) do the opposite?

Unless a new coaster was built on the current midway with a new midway routed along the beach. That would get a new ride and new views of the lake. Win win.

New coaster goes along the beach and turns around over top breakers. Maybe even go through the lobby. Best idea yet.

First ride; Magnum 1994

My favourite memory of Wicked Twister was watching a kid on the beach pick up large dead fish by the tail and throw them back into the lake. He did this with several fish the whole time we were in line. It was Halloweekends and the weather was cold and miserable but this gave us a good laugh. RIP to Wicked Twister and all those fish.

We'll miss you MrScott and Pete

Hudson said:
Yeah, I saw Rougarou walk-ons a lot last season. I want to like it since that would give me another riding option, but 90% of the time I get off with a headache. Anyone have any tips for best seats or avoiding the headbanging?

Ride in the back row.

Rougarou is a massive headbanger up front, not as bad in the back.

Apart from that the usual tactics for avoiding headbanging apply, except that because of those awful B&M shoulder bars it's pretty much impossible to get your head clear of the bar.

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

well they moved the Webcam right toward the deconstruction/construction zone... anyone have a way to zoom in and see if there is anything suspicious going on?

Something tells me the park wouldn't like it if someone were to take control of their web cams.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service