Wicked Twister Deconstruction

^Yeah, in the last 9 years we've only gotten:

Gatekeeper, New Gemini Midway, Rougarou, Valravn, a complete water park refresh, hotel improvements, Forbidden Frontier, Snake River Expedition, the CP 150th celebration, and that underwhelming Steel Vengeance.

Mostly letdowns, for sure.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Well, Steel Vengeance wasn't a letdown... =)

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

The so-called "hype" only leads to a letdown when people have unrealistic expectations.

Brandon

Dvo said

Gatekeeper, New Gemini Midway, Rougarou, Valravn, a complete water park refresh, hotel improvements, Forbidden Frontier, Snake River Expedition, the CP 150th celebration, and that underwhelming Steel Vengeance.

In my opinion, Rougarou wasn't a let down. Love Rougarou!

Re: Fox demolition video:

I'm disappointed Cedar Point didn't use Crazy Old Man With An Axe Demolition Service, like they did with Mean Streak.

Steel Vengeance wasn't a let down at all i wasn't a fan of Gatekeeper or Rougarou!

*prepares popcorn for Shawn's response*

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I'll just say that Rougarou is the best floorless roller coaster ever! The best part of it to me is the inclined loop going over the water.

Rougarou is fine, I kind of like it as well, but not that much. The best part of Rougaroo is when riding the CPLE RR back from Frontier Town where there were long, long lines for Maverick & SV, you glance over at the Rougaroo queue and see that it is a walk-on. Yes!

Last edited by jimmyburke,

Yeah, I saw Rougarou walk-ons a lot last season. I want to like it since that would give me another riding option, but 90% of the time I get off with a headache. Anyone have any tips for best seats or avoiding the headbanging?

I hear the best seat to avoid the painful head-bangaroo is the test seat, followed by any seat on any other ride in the park.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Hudson said:

Yeah, I saw Rougarou walk-ons a lot last season. I want to like it since that would give me another riding option, but 90% of the time I get off with a headache. Anyone have any tips for best seats or avoiding the headbanging?

Hudson, I know it probably sounds weird, but lean your head forward a little bit, and try to lean into the turns. Like I said I know it sounds weird but trust me.

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

^ That's not weird at all Jake. In fact I do that for the second half of the ride where the corkscrew is. To me that's the only trouble spot where I can see where people bang their head.

Thanks for the tips. Back on topic, looks like the south tower's gone now.

I actually cannot believe the back tower is still standing. Nice picture though!

I couldn’t believe the trees are still standing.

Maybe the recent weather has made it unsafe for the cranes to bring it down. Safe to say if it is not down this week, I would say forget about being able. To get anywhere near that area during WCO.

^ Man they made it seem like the whole thing was gone on all these facebook coaster pages.

Shawn Meyer said

In my opinion, Rougarou wasn't a let down. Love Rougarou!

Shawn, have you ever ridden Kraken?

I really dislike Rou, but I love Kraken.

I just rode Kraken for the first time today and loved it. It's now my favorite floorless.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service