Wicked Twister Deconstruction

Total guess here, but I'm thinking that they might disassemble some of the support structure, and then tip each tower over one at a time with a crane so they're laying on the ground where the launch section used to be. Then disassemble them at ground level.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

that might be how they do it or cut it up from the top down.

So has there been any recent deconstruction lately? Ever since December 20th, It's been quiet over there. I know they're building the new restaurant in the back, but I want to see the area.

I think they made it a complete circuit, rct style

First ride; Magnum 1994

I think I saw elsewhere that one tower is gone.

ROUNDABOUND.

I does look like from the pic Tony Clark had on Twitter driving in on the causeway that one of the WT towers are gone!

Yep, it looks like the rearward tower and spike are gone, and the forward tower remains, with no spike.

Back spike is down (well to the green supports anyways)

Last edited by JoshBrown,

Ride On!

08- Arcade Mechanic

"What's coming will have something for everyone, and I mean everyone. " - Tony

Sounds FUN. ;)

Promoter of fog.

Thanks for the video. I hope i do not miss out on getting a piece of the coaster. I am still hunting for a vortex piece or mean streak lumber at a reasonable price. Wicked twister means the most to me of those 3 as I am one of the inaugural riders of it.

I still think they could have financed a medium sized project had they sold off pieces of Big Dipper at Geauga Lake

Does anyone know if both spikes are gone? The one video from fox8 shows only the one side?

Nope, the other one's still up. can see it from across the bay.

I was told they didnt do anymore on friday due to the wind and weather conditions.

Ride On!

08- Arcade Mechanic

Ray Barker said:

Thanks for the video. I hope i do not miss out on getting a piece of the coaster. I am still hunting for a vortex piece or mean streak lumber at a reasonable price. Wicked twister means the most to me of those 3 as I am one of the inaugural riders of it.

Is the MS lumber still for sale somewhere???

Mean streak lumber was used in the commemorative souvenir (for lack of anything else to call it) given out at the Steel Vengance media day and first-rider event. We have one open, and one still in the box, unwrapped. No, they're not for sale. Would post pictures, but don't know how.

Pieces of lumber come up from time to time, 2 on ebay right now, of course at a high premium vs. when they were also sold to thepubli in the park.

"Something for everyone" could mean a buffet. Tony's hype is usually a letdown. I would be pleasantly surprised if I'm wrong though.

May The Millennium Force Be With You!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service