News: Cedar Fair plans for 2022 include return of Cedar Point events, Frontier Town restaurant

Was never much of a mall rat so I have never been to one, always went for the bourbon chicken at the Asian joint. Of course now not a chance in hell.

Wow! So much hate for Chick-fil-A.

I think it is better tasting than most of the other chicken I've had at other places in the park regardless of whether it is a chain or not. Their food is consistently fresh and hot and tasty. My wife and I each got chicken fingers and fries at Roundup a few weeks ago. Mine was hot/fresh. Hers was absolutely disgusting.

My personal experience is that the service at that location is often much better/quicker/friendlier than many of the other places in the park. Not absolutely in all cases, granted, but I've not had a bad experience there yet.

So yeah, I would be disappointed to see it go. It wouldn't be the worst thing the park ever removed or changed and it wouldn't affect my overall decision to go to the park or not, but my personal opinion is that I would hate to see it replaced with something else less efficient and inconsistent. It seems that they tried to put another similar food option there for a few seasons several years ago and the park ultimately ended up going back to Chick-fil-A. So they must be doing something right.

But look, I get it. There are some who love it and some who hate it. To each their own. If they replaced it with another awesome themed sit down restaurant with great food and atmosphere, I would be the first to support that effort. But if they swapped it out for another inconsistent food stand with inefficient workers serving cold food that is supposed to be hot, I would be a bit disappointed. That's all I'm saying.

Proud to have fathered a second generation coaster enthusiast destined to keep me young at heart and riding coasters with a willing partner into my golden years!

Just keep Panda Express and I will be just fine

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

Rusty said:

Wow! So much hate for Chick-fil-A.

It's ****ty fast food from a company with a ****ty record on giving to anti-LGBTQ organizations. In the bigger sense, I don't get the American fascination with fast food overall.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I wish the parks would offer something more unique instead of putting in chain restaurants. They have definitely improved in that area the last few years. To me, most chain restaurants are just generic food I can get just about anywhere but there are some exceptions. I barely ever go to chain restaurants. Most local places have food that is miles better than chains that isn't watered down frozen processed crap. The park should make more unique options and have something that stands out that I can't get anywhere else. Hopefully this new place will be exactly that.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Jeff said:

Fast food is barely passable as food.

Fixed that for you.

Gonch posted a perfect rant about restaurant food on Facebook a while ago, calling it “people chow”… It really was amazingly accurate. Let me see if I can find it.

ROUNDABOUND.

They already removed the Hate Chicken once and then brought it back a few seasons later, that tells you all you need to know. This has been debated to death. Let it rest.

Change was never affected by “letting it rest”. And maybe that’s all you need to know.

Read your own article...."Chick-Fil-A stopped making donations to some, but not all, of the controversial groups." The views of the company are known, the half measure white-wash isn't fooling many. Besideds that, it's overrated garbage. There are much better food option at CP than processed hate chicken. If it goes, it will be no loss.

Last edited by CED23,

Shades said:

I don't get fandom for Chick-Fil-A or Raising Canes. Come to think of it I don't really care for fast food chicken at all.

I’ll agree to disagree. Ive had both, and I have no problems with Chick-Fil-A. However if Cedar Point got a Raising Canes, I’d be a happy camper, 😂

Jake Padden
13-Tiques/Wave Swinger
12-Camp Snoopy; Tiques/Wave Swinger
11-CP & LE Railroad Platform; Cedar Creek Mine Ride; Tiques/Wave Swinger

Jake, it opens next month in Sandusky!

Weather Freak
Ride Warrior

Call me crazy, but I think companies that are taking advantage of what is more or less modern day slave labor of both adults and children is something that should be a far bigger issue than a company that has made donations to organizations teaching the homosexuality is a sin and repentance is needed. However, for some reason I've never seen anyone who refuses to buy a chicken sandwich ever raise an issue about the terrible treatment of millions of people forced to work long hours in dangerous conditions for almost no pay. Again, I may be way off base here, but that seems somewhat ignorant and hypocritical.

You should of stopped at call me crazy instead of a ridiculous post of whataboutism to try to support your affinity for hate chicken. Hint, some companies have been paying much higher wages than others for years...ie..Epic Burger, In-N-Out, Chipotle were way ahead of the others even before the pandemic.

I'm pretty sure you can be opposed to both the exploitative wages these companies often pay and be opposed to companies funding hate and bigotry. Those aren't mutually exclusive issues...

And then one day you find ten years have got behind you
No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

What were we talking about?

First ride; Magnum 1994

CfA is always packed in the Erie area. They are doing something right obviously. Simple business decision for CP.

CfA currently supports organizations dedicated to the issues of hunger, homelessness and education. To date the Chick-fil-A Foundation has donated $52 million to organizations impacting the local communities Chick-fil-A serves. I'm sure LGBTQ are a part of those communities. I don't think CfA is supporting any harm or hate against anybody. Saying HATE chicken is laughable. Tolerance of different beliefs goes both ways. But don't worry the pressure from the left is getting to them. In November 2019, Chick-fil-A announced that it would not make contributions in 2020 to the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and The Salvation Army. Good, because those are two very, very dangerous organizations. LOL. Politics in this country are awful, both far right and far left. Both sides with an EQUAL amount of hate, but those on the far ends don't see it, they are blinded.

"But you also had people that were very fine people, on both sides." 🙄

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Master D said:

Politics in this country are awful, both far right and far left. Both sides with an EQUAL amount of hate, but those on the far ends don't see it, they are blinded.

Exactly! Who could forget when Clinton lost and incited a terrorist attack on the US Government with the goal of over overturning a democratic election, while 147 democrats in Congress voted against certifying those election results.

Brandon

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service