Anyone at the park today?

Or turn around on one of the side streets lol. You certainly arent stuck there.

Who was stuck? I wasn't stuck, there was a grill laying in the road and I drove around it.

Looks like what we were replying to has been deleted.

Has anybody on here been to the beach or marina/Famous Dave’s since the flooding? Are the water levels back to normal now?

Also, has anyone been successful in making park reservations recently? Based on the calendar on the reservations page, both yesterday (Sun 5/30) and today (Mon 5/31) were available. I entered our Season Pass numbers for those dates; but then, they failed to add to the cart due to an error. I don't currently have any reservations on our passes, so it's not the "more than 3" issue. Different browsers, cleared caches, etc. Same issue, multiple times.

Just wondering if anyone else had a similar issue?

I was at the park yesterday. The water has receded back to near normal, but the beach was a mess. You could probably count more than a hundred dead fish and about 20 dead birds washed up on the beach. There were crews there cleaning up all the debris that washed up. Not very ideal conditions for Memorial Day weekend, but they were trying extremely hard to get it all cleaned up.

I just booked for mid week late June without issue.

Still haven't been able to uncross these circuits...
DJ Fischer

I just started following a passholder group on facebook this week. Not sure how long I'll stick with it there's an awful lot of cliquey, high school mean girl behavior but it seems lots of people are having major problems with reservations while others insist the system is awesome and they want it to stay permanently or claim that the park probably can't afford to keep the website up because they lost so much money last year and we need to be patient. I asked one of them if they seriously think Cedar Fair can't afford a full time IT guy or to contract website maintenance out we're not talking about a mom and pop garage business here. Passholders' mileage is varying wildly....someone said they were not able to get a reservation for their child's pass on the date of a school trip they had to pay for a daily ticket for her to get reservations to get in. If this is true the system is broken for sure.

As someone with an IT background accessos ticketing system that Cedar Point is utilizing is very finicky with what web browser you're using. Apple seems to not play nice with it at all, I've also seen major issues with Internet explorer for some family members. Most chromium and Firefox forks seem to work without issue though. I can't speak to everyone's experience but I'm wondering if this may be part of the issue that people are having? I have some die hard Apple family that continuously have issues on their Apple devices as soon as they use a non-apple device things magically start working. Can anyone who is a had issues share what web browser and device they've had issues on?

All of my ticket interaction is done either through the app or through Chrome based brave.

DJ Fischer

If I run into any problems next time I reserve I'll do some browser hopping. I already do that for some websites I bounce back and forth between Edge, Chrome, and Firefox depending on what I'm doing. Facebook seems to like Chrome better than Edge, RealPlayer seemed to prefer Firefox for downloading for a while. Right now my husband has paypal being crabby with him on Chrome but on my computer on Edge it's happy as can be so I'm doing all the ebay purchases for the household right now. I avoid doing much of that type of stuff on my phone, it's older and cheap and my thumbs are big and some things are hard to read.

Today I learned that RealPlayer still exists.

Brandon

I was leaving Sandusky the morning that storm blew in. Sure glad I got out before things got dicey. After viewing some of these photos I hope we can now put to rest any arguments about why Lighthouse Point doesn't allow tent camping.

Last edited by Chief Wahoo,

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

What's wrong with a dual purpose tent-a-sail? Great for camping and those beautiful breezy days!

DJ Fischer

2020TpForSale said:

I'm just curious how all the water and erosion from yesterday will affect Magnum's continuous sinking!

Now that's funny......

djDaemon said:

Rumor has it Betty White and RealPlayer have the same genetics.

Campfreak06, reborn

djDaemon said:

How about WinAmp? I hear it really whips the llama's ass! :)

Gatekeeper has been stuck at the top of the lift hill for the better part of a half hour as long as I've been able to see it off of the causeway it's there. No indications that they're evacuating the train yet though. Looks like there may be associates on the lift speaking with guests.

Edit: got in from the back of the parking lot there are multiple associates at the back of the train all the way back down the lift looks like something may be going on possible medical?

Edit 2: They are evacuating gatekeeper starting with the back rows they have harnesses on the lift.

Last edited by TwistedCircuits,

DJ Fischer

Gatekeeper will not reopen today. Looks like a chain break.

https://twitter.com/PetePoint/status/1403778196965933056?s=20

Last edited by MDOmnis,

-Matt

That is an awesome photo, that's impressive! Thank you for the link and thank you Pete for the photo, not sure if you're on here but I'll leave my thanks here.

DJ Fischer

Great day at the park, I'll have to put together a report later. I'm very impressed how things are today compared to opening.

I have a photo of them removing chain segments from gatekeeper with its pile up but I can't figure out how to upload I'll need to generate a source that I can share to the page it looks like.

Edit: Watching them take this chain out with the situation the ride is in, I really have to wonder what in the world they're going to do to restore this thing? I don't see how they could replace the chain with the train still being at the top of the lift but I don't know how in the world they can move that train without the chain. Would there be some sort of way to winch that train off the dogs and over the top of the lift and let it run empty? Or would they have to manually disassemble that train on the spot if that's even possible?

Last edited by TwistedCircuits,

DJ Fischer

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service