Cedar Point to begin 2020 season with phased opening

It quickly switched to only one date per pass and that's the official word in the FAQ.

Yeah, I noticed that too. It was allowing two, so obviously there was a glitch. With Accesso Passport, anything is possible.

Edit: They will allow 2 reservations per pass if you have multi day tickets per the FAQ:

Q:

I have a ticket that’s valid for more than one day – how do I get my reservations for all of the days I want to visit?

A:

You will be able to make a reservation for as many days as your ticket is valid for (typically two) at the same time or as desired. The reservation process is the same as for a single day ticket but you would complete those steps two or more times based on the ticket type.

Last edited by DRE420,

I'm very curious if that will be the case at CP as well, where much of the crowd travels to CP for full weekends, not just single days. If I can only go to the park for one day, I'm not sure if it's worth the 5.5-hour drive to get there.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

MrJohnJLewis said:
Now if the park lifts the requirements, you bet your bottom dollar I ain't wearing no mask

So you're saying you'll wear one even if it's not required?
Admirable.

Last edited by TTD 120mph,

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Double negatives are grammatically incorrect. By the way, "ain't" ain't a word. And for future reference, never end a sentence in a preposition. That's something I won't put up with.

For Cedar Point resort reservations, it's worth noting (and remembering) that while you are guaranteed a reservation for each guest for each day of your stay, this does not kick in until the day after check-in.

Promoter of fog.

First Time Posting, so yay!

Alright, so hy hubby and myself are planning on going opening weekend and if they stick to their 'Masks Required' rule, we will be wearing a mask. I normally use a hand made mask that is thicker, double cotton, when I am in stores and such. However, I purchased a box of the normal disposable paper style masks for the trip. I personally think that, in the heat, the thinner paper disposable masks just seem to breath a little better then my double cotton. Since we will be outside, I think these will be best. I also plan on bringing a few spares per person in case we lose one, it gets too sweaty, or any other possible issue.

We are very excited to go, and can't wait. We haven't been in about 6 years! To me, the mild inconvenience of the mask is nothing compared to the overall enjoyment of the park!

Guys!!!

Edit: sorry for the smaller image, the site I use seems to shrink down the original image.

Last edited by DRE420,

I was just about to post that

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I love how CP got in on the fun. It shows they definitely pay attention to the PB community.

DRE420 said:

Guys!!!

Edit: sorry for the smaller image, the site I use seems to shrink down the original image.

WOO HOO!

I wish they hadn't moved the webcam, that'd be cool to see them actually putting the cars on the wheel.

Last edited by SarahB1863,

Hahaha. Finally we can sleep at night.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Not me, I still have yet to see pictures of the FF bridge.

How crazy would it be if everyone gets there and there’s just footers everywhere for the 2021 attraction?

I am joking of course.

Boats have footers? :D

No, but bridges do...

--Dave Althoff, Jr.

/X\ *** Respect rides. They do not respect you. ***
/XXX\ /X\ /X\_ _ /X\__ _ _____
/XXXXX\ /XXX\ /XXXX\_ /X\ /XXXXX\ /X\ /XXXXX
_/XXXXXXX\_/XXXXX\_/XXXXXXX\_/XXX\_/XXXXXXX\__/XXX\__/XXXXXX

I just got back from my morning walk/jog around the peninsula and there is finally a whole lot of activity going on. It’s great to hear the music from the midways again. There are still so many rides that need to be assembled or trains put on their storage tracks. There’s a lot to do before July 9th.

There’s more people staying at Breakers that I would have thought. I think people are just wanting to get out. Bummer it’s not a good beach weekend here for them.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Did you notice if people on the beach were wearing their masks? I'm for the masks while around others, but I won't book a room unless I can at least take the mask off in a spot on the beach way down from everyone.

Peace ☮️

For the most part, people hanging on the beach or just walking the beach didn’t have masks on. But everyone was doing a good job of distancing. Lots of reminder signage and sanitizing stations everywhere. I thought the park had everything laid out well for social distancing. I had to do a health screen and temperature check before I could get my wristband at the marina to go to the boardwalk.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

Keep in mind that not all attractions are opening this year. Unless they figured out how to properly staff every ride (doubtful) then as Jason said in his blog post earlier the most popular rides will open. The park doesn’t have their international workers this year. That’s a significant staffing setback.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service