Virus Impact on CP

Got Breakers reservations for my birthday June 20th. Whether the park is open on time or not, I can enjoy the beach.
however, I’m still planning on the original June 20th soft opening, now that the governor got some gentle nudging.

and my move to the 27th was from response from the state to resources. Obviously, legal ramifications is expediting this.

And Moreover, my knowledge is mine. You have yours. Nobody knows exactly what will happen, as this is a very fluid situation. But the overall deafening attacking and piling on as of late on this forum could use some serious introspection.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I think the partisan anti-science, revisionist history BS needs more introspection. And probably also the racism.

But that's just me.

Brandon

Master D said:

Absolutely true Jeff that it doesn’t mean that HDXC works either, it is still up in the air either way.

No, it's not up in the air at all. There are other valid, peer reviewed studies that show it is ineffective.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

I'm not completely against continuing with studies of hydroxychloroquine against COVIS but I think we should focus more time, effort and money on the various treatments and vaccine candidates that look more promising. Hydroxychloroquine had its time in the spotlight. Now it's time to move on from it and let the people, who DO need it, to get it without supplies being depleted for what is an almost case closed study of its effectiveness against COVID-19.

-Adam G- The OG Dragster nut

Jeff said:

Master D said:

Absolutely true Jeff that it doesn’t mean that HDXC works either, it is still up in the air either way.

No, it's not up in the air at all. There are other valid, peer reviewed studies that show it is ineffective.

Ok I just found this released just today

https://www.statnews.com/2020/06/05/hydroxychloroquine-had-no-benef...e-of-drug/

So we may be near the point of knowing. I had not seen any worthy studies until I read this. Just want to keep politics out of this I don’t have an agenda. I certainly sensed an agenda against it and wanted to see something more concrete. This link above may be it.

There was not an agenda against it, there was just an agenda for it based on literally nothing but an anecdote the president latched on to.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Disagree Jeff. Everything is so politicized now that Trump touting it's usefulness meant lots of people hoping hydroxychloroquine failed. Media coverage of the retraction of the study due to faulty or questionable data was ignored by major news networks.

Peace ☮️

Specifically what media organization are you all upset that didn’t cover the story?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/04/health/retraction-coronavirus-studie...index.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/lancet-retracts-large-st...e-n1225091

https://www.nytimes.com/reuters/2020/06/05/world/europe/05reuters-h...Position=7

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/04/coronavirus-live-updates-us/

I would also like to see your evidence that “lots of people hoping hydroxychloroquine failed.“

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

as it relates to how many people think that mask will stay attached while on coasters other than Cedar Creek and blue streak. I have been surprised Centripetal force allows my glasses to stay on Most of the times. I just got braver and Started letting them stay on while on Maverick, also the park has eased restrictions on certain rides.

About 20 years ago my uncle’s hat fell off on the magnum which in 2000 magnum He was like OK whatever. 2011 my nephews phone fell out on Gemini ,again the thought process was oh well this is not the biggest/ newest coaster.

I am wondering if cedar point will have replacement mask ( free or up charge? ) if they are going to require everyone wear one. As far as people wearing Mask at other park so far; Disney doesn’t even count as far as the trill caliber of cedar point

Wznm

Not sure why you think I'm upset? Anyway this quote,

"Evening newscasts on ABC, CBS and NBC all ignored experts raising “serious scientific questions” about the data used for controversial research into the effectiveness of potential COVID-19 drug hydroxychloroquine, according to the conservative media watchdog group NewsBusters.

“All three [networks] had used the study to chide President Trump for pushing the drug and taking it himself,” NewsBuster analyst Nicholas Fondacaro, who studied the coverage, wrote" Article: Networks Skip Major Hydroxychloroquine Retraction" (sorry can't link).

But it looks like you found some had indeed so glad to see. As for the other, I don't think it's a stretch to see some people would love to prove Trump wrong on ANYTHING. He has a big arrogant mouth & both sides fighting for the Whitehouse.

I don't even know where to find news since Fox is so biased red & CNN, MSNBC so biased blue.

Last edited by randi b,

Peace ☮️

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

I don’t see Pointbuzz News on there.

So just to jump in, the very first response that comes up (for me at least) when Googling hydroxychloroquine is from healthline...

"Under study for COVID-19 Hydroxychloroquine and a related drug, chloroquine, are currently under study as possible treatments for COVID-19. This is the illness caused by the new coronavirus. These drugs have not yet been approved by the FDA for this use. Do not use these medications to treat COVID-19 unless your doctor recommends that you do so.

For current information about the COVID-19 outbreak, explore our live updates. And for information on how to prepare, advice on prevention and treatment, and expert recommendations, visit our coronavirus hub."

That doesn't sound like it's taking sides at all, and seems like an extremely reasonable, well written explanation to the current state of the drug. It's not a left vs right thing. It's a science and data thing. Nowhere does it mention Donald Trump, and nowhere does it mention a certain political agenda. The people who complain about the "mainstream media" are obviously looking at particular "news" sources, and basing their opinions on that.

EDIT : Newsbusters headline is "Exposing and Combating Liberal Media Bias." Clearly it's a neutral source. /s

Last edited by F1rePhant0m,

I agree that particular source does not sound biased at all. But I am one of "those people" that feel mainstream news is very slanted towards an agenda. I lean far left on some issues & far right on others. I have to go to several sources to try to piece together a middle ground. It's frustrating.

And thank you Sollybeast, however I have found CNN & the NYT to be hyper partisan liberal not minimal bias.

Peace ☮️

This isn’t virus related but wow this video of the theater getting severely damaged today is something. Hope everything in the park is OK.

https://twitter.com/chadblue_/status/1270876171933298689?s=21

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

Mainstream network TV is extremely liberal/anti-Trump. I don’t think that is arguable. Talk shows (The View), awards shows (Hollywood), late night comedy (SNL, Colbert, Fallon, Kimmel), etc. The other night I flicked through Colbert, Fallon and Kimmel and they were all making fun of Trump or preaching against him in unison. And it seems to be the nightly ritual. Colbert is very mean and nasty all the time about Trump, he clearly hates the man and spends more than half the show mentioning Trump, it’s not funny anymore. Not sure how Trump beats Biden with the constant dragging through the mud of his name by the mainstream. Depends who is watching and how much they are influenced I guess.

It's not really hard to make fun of him. His name has been muddy long before his presidency.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

It's very apparent that the people that voted for him only knew him from "The Apprentice". That's not who he really is.

If Trump wants to stop being ridiculed, he should maybe stop doing and saying the multitude of cruel, stupid, petty, and selfish things that make him easy to ridicule.

Using just one example, unleashing disgusting brutality on peaceful protesters so you can cross the street and hold a bible upside down doesn't endear you to anyone other than the hypocritical evangelist types who fawn over him no matter what he does.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

There are two sides to a story. There is good and bad in every human being. For every president a list can be compiled of “good” accomplishments and “bad” decisions. Yes even for Trump, there are plenty of both. The mainstream Trump narrative is 100% bad, or at least pretty close to it. It’s nothing like I have ever seen before. Yes Trump sometimes makes it easy to make fun of him. But so does Biden no? Maybe just as easy to make fun of him. But the liberal bias I’m posting about keeps the mainstream from doing that, it is clear. And come on, “disgusting brutality”. Exaggerate much? I think everybody was okay that day when they were cleared further back from the WH. Disgusting brutality is what happened to Floyd, and the hundreds of cops who were injured and two killed in the riots. That actually makes my point, to use the words “disgusting brutality” for what happened that day.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service