Virus Impact on CP

That's why it was called Twin Pine Mall in the beginning.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

On their calendar page SIX has a notice that advance reservations will be required, makes sense. Will be interesting if CP opens as one would assume CF hotel/LHP guests would have priority reservation status. With limiting capacity it might be a little difficult for us peasant Passholders to get in. :)

I'm curious to how many guests they will be limiting in the parks. But either way, I think that's a strong step toward an attempt at opening their gates. It will be interesting to see how much of the parks' attractions/shows/stands are open, whenever they do re-open with this limited capacity.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

https://www.facebook.com/184383498315795/posts/2982658691821581/?d=n

Carnival cruise ships in Florida resume operation August 1st, it will be interesting to see if the Florida parks make announcements soon.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Folks are talking about Citywalk and Disney Springs restaurants and shops opening within the next week or two. I think seeing some sort of park reopenings on June 1 is not out of the question, and I think you'll see parks like Cedar Point try to make it for July 4

https://www.facebook.com/349928541766924/posts/2998999280193157/?d=n

Holiday World opening June 14

https://nbc24.com/news/local/city-of-sandusky-making-cuts-to-compen...nt-opening

I know the story of Sandusky losing revenue is old news but I thought the part where the city expects them to be closed through June was noteworthy.

Here are a couple pics of cell tower, or cedar tree if you will. Just seems totally out of place. Also, there was a lot of work going on in and around the park today.

https://www.amazon.com/photos/shared/Iol9aQ6uT7O8MI9KLoVNag.Ht2c4jq...CCKZp2tefm

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

So Disney outlined a few changes today in their investors call regarding the property in Japan:

Capacity will be significantly limited, even well below the initial 24,000 people a day guideline.

No parades or nighttime shows.

Characters will maintain distance from visitors.
Virtual queue systems everywhere if not already in use.

Elsewhere, cruise ships will not run for at least another few months, and no production resuming on any major film at this time; also interesting to note was that they are weighing streaming new releases versus theatrical, and while the latter still holds value they may shift some releases to Disney plus.

DSShives said:

Also, there was a lot of work going on in and around the park today.

The question is are they getting set up to open or winterizing? :)

Hersheypark posted the first Candymonium test run on their Social Media channels tonight. Parks are going to give this a try if their states allow.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

With today being the 1st quarter conference call, I wonder if CF will have any updates on a plan if they can open, i.e. capacity and possibly a reservation system similar to what Six is gonna do, and how they can attract potential employees without having to rely on the foreign exchange to properly staff the park.

Edit: Nope, and it doesn't look good either reading this quote from Zimmerman: "Based on the best information we have currently, we do not anticipate resuming operations at any of our parks in the near term. This projection remains fluid and subject to change as the situation evolves, including if state and local guidelines are modified.”

Last edited by DRE420,

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/06/when-will-sports-and-concerts-come-...ikely.html

"Attending sports event or concerts with packed crowds probably won’t happen until 2021 at the earliest, say health experts and government officials"

Last edited by cpblue,

The mods on reddit seem to have fixated on this other statement and are declaring the parks will open in 3-4 weeks. Lol. Guess it come down to perspective on what “near term” means. 3-4 weeks, 3-4 months. 3-4 years. Pick one.

“Concurrent with the proactive steps we’ve taken to date, our park GMs and their teams have been actively addressing and planning for new measures and guidelines to ensure our properties can reopen as soon as possible once state and local restrictions have been lifted,”

3-4 months is the realistic answer. Weeks isn’t near enough time, and years is obviously exaggerated. I think chain wise a few months is realistic based on how states are starting to reopen.

But, I do think it’s important to note that he made such a statement, and I’m sure it’s part of the protocol anyway, but still it seems Cedar Fair isn’t confident it can operate at a meaningful capacity yet. They won’t purposely operate parks in the red just to entertain the idea of opening up.

^^I'm hoping it's more of what us sports fans refer to as "coach speak", where they may have some insight, but wear the info close to the vest. Like you said, it can mean 1 month, it could mean 2021.

Last edited by DRE420,

From a purely financial perspective the way I view it they can open and operate in the red as long as they loose less money than if they stay closed. I just don’t see much of a revenue stream from the park operations with limiting capacity. CP has hotels so that is stream. Will daily ticket buyers get priority on park reservations over Passholders? platinum over gold?

In my mind, any form of prioritization would be discrimination, so I don't see that happening. But maybe I'm wrong. I think the only way to do it is first come, first serve. Maybe they should open up the reservation window at midnight. We all know that has worked REALLY WELL historically. ;)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

https://www.facebook.com/349928541766924/posts/3005900009503084/?d=n

read for yourself without the hyperbole

Last edited by XS NightClub,

This is obviously just my opinion, but I am seeing a lot of demand developing for people to "get back to normal" and have summer entertainment combined with a lessening worry about the virus. Where I live (Western New York) nearly everything is already cancelled for the summer, including our big local concert series. If Darien Lake (30 minutes from Buffalo) is allowed to open, it will be one of the only "normal" summer activity options we'll have in this area that doesn't require a family to own a boat or RV. I think demand will be strong.

If parks open up these reservation banks in late May or early June for a late June-Labor Day operating schedule (for example) I think that there will be quick sell outs/dates booked up, like when a big concert goes on sale or a few of the recent Winter Chill Outs or the now cancelled 2020 CoasterStock at KI. The big question I will have is about no show penalties. Six Flags has penalties if you no show a Diamond Preferred parking booking, which already had to be done in advance.

My opinion on this doesn't have anything to do with the virus itself or the in-park measures that may be put in place, it's just about the demand I think that will exist.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service