Virus Impact on CP

Walt, I agree with that. I was outraged by the Kavanaugh situation and NOT because I’m a right winger. Nobody should be treated that way. That’s why I’m incensed that the former VP is not receiving the same treatment.

But you’re right. Everyone is hypocritical when it fits their underlying narrative. Great point.

Six Flags has discussed what their plan will be when they reopen.

https://www.dailynews.com/2020/04/30/six-flags-rolls-out-plan-for-p...fT8Da1ybws

I'll see if I can find another one that's not behind a paywall. From what I glanced at really quick, there will be temperature screenings, queue limits, extra sanitation and capped attendance.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Confirmation Bias, Belief Preservation, Illusory Correlations...all those fun psych principles we love to talk and teach about that feed the formation of beliefs and, in many cases, hypocrisy.

Lesson #1? The professor talking to you is just as guilty of all those things as you are.

Then comes the hard part; learning to be (and yes, I believe this can be taught) open minded enough to accept when you are falling victim to these natural human tendencies.

When you can master this, you're on your way.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Reminds me of the idea of striving for conscious incompetence. Knowing which things you don’t know. A self awareness of sorts.

I know that I don't know when I'll ride a roller coaster again. And that bums me out. I look forward to "the next ride being removed" debate.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

I would imagine if Covid wasn't taking up all the news coverage (And rightfully so) Biden would be talked about more. Also consider that he became the defacto nominee partially because of the Virus. I'm more of the independent type and if I didn't think we had a very dangerous man at the helm I would likely consider voting for the guy that got us through. So what Biden did or not do is irrelevant to me. Once again we have an election where I feel I gotta choose between the lesser of two evils.

So I'll give a little update for you guys. As some of you know I have Covid and it's been one hell of a ride. Thank God for Tylenol, without it I would likely be in a mental institution and living alone doesn't help. It would seem the mental side of this has subsided, the fever is under control and sometimes I actually feel "Better" But when I go to do something like make this post I realize something is still very off. However overall I would say I've gotten off pretty easy.

My English is terrible on a good day so I don't know how all this reads. But suffice to say anyone that said a prayer for folks that have and will get it. Thank you.

Last edited by Çp4€và04,

So in Six Flags’ quarter call, they mentioned reopening parks in mid-May or as soon as possible thereafter while running at 25% capacity, with masks required. I believe we can expect more of the same with Cedar Fair, but obviously mid-May is a bit soon for how Ohio is handling this.

https://www.dailynews.com/2020/04/30/six-flags-rolls-out-plan-for-post-covid-19-new-normal/

CP Top 5: 1) Steel Vengeance 2) Maverick 3) Magnum 4) Raptor 5) Millennium

What happens when that mask comes off during the ride? I envision the Decon team from Monsters Inc. surrounding that person.

I get the capacity restrictions for the parks but it seems like the will need to do more than that. If Disney cuts the Magic Kingdom capacity from 60,000 to 15,000 that is great. But, if we all go to Space Mountain at the same time then it really didn't have much impact. I think they will need to go further. No parade or fireworks to avoid people gathering in confined areas, more robust use of Fastpass to control individual ride/line capacity, mobile ordering only for restaurants, etc. Crowd control may be more important than capacity control.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

Can you imagine getting on the monorail at the end of the day at Magic Kingdom? Yeah, me too.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

During an interview Dr. Gupta advised people to get out and run but practice the social distancing. He did suggest that if you are running and approaching someone in front of you to get on the other side of the road to avoid running through the other person’s breath cloud, hmmm...How does one avoid this on a coaster or any ride? How many times have you been on a coaster or ride and felt a drop of water hit your face or worse yet your mouth? And you think to yourself, “I hope that was not someone’s spit and was rain, or from a water dummy or dew drops off the ride”. All the while you probably road through someone’s breath cloud and someone was probably screaming and spitting (not intentional).

Paul

^

Last edited by Dvo,

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

^ I'd vote for that! Lol

Chief Wahoo said:

I get the capacity restrictions for the parks but it seems like the will need to do more than that. If Disney cuts the Magic Kingdom capacity from 60,000 to 15,000 that is great. But, if we all go to Space Mountain at the same time then it really didn't have much impact. I think they will need to go further. No parade or fireworks to avoid people gathering in confined areas, more robust use of Fastpass to control individual ride/line capacity, mobile ordering only for restaurants, etc. Crowd control may be more important than capacity control.

And this is the thing that really hurts Cedar Point in terms of their 150th celebration. Absolutely in no way can you possibly have the new nighttime parade or end of night show that they’ve been talking about. And I can’t fathom them having any indoor shows either this year. How do you even run Halloweekends? I was just talking to my wife the other day about the one Friday night we went and how horrifically packed it was. I don’t see how they can get close to that this year.

You do it with significantly limited in park attendance each day. And I really think most, if not all of the 150th celebrations like the parade and entertainment will come in 2021.

It's possible to open up this year. It just becomes more of a "is it worth it?"

And to that point, unless I’m wrong but isn’t it technically a two year celebration? I thought I remember reading that. If that’s the case then it’s even easier to just call it for 2021. Open in limited capacity this season and then go all out next year.

Assuming masks are required for everyone if they open, I’m trying to imagine the hot and humid days. Not just for us as park guests, but the employees. First world problems I know, but wow, that could make for one long day.

Last edited by ILS 0523,

Even 25% of “capacity” is still a lot of people. I am still having a tough time imagining how rule enforcement is going to work. This is all new so many will claim to not know the rules and a certain percentage think all these rules are BS and an infringement on their rights so will simply not follow them. It is not going to take many of them to muck up whatever systems are put in place.

Many people cannot go the right way in the one-way Walmart aisles. How are they to be expected to follow the rules in an amusement park?

Not to be ignorant, but what are one way Walmart aisles?

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service