Virus Impact on CP

Stimulus loans are a possibility IF Cedar Fair qualifies. I think most of those are going to small to medium businesses. Not sure CF fits.

Selling some of the parks won't occur anytime soon, even if they wanted to. Other companies in the park business are taking it in shorts also. None will be in a mood to buy another park. They will be happy enough of they can keep their own afloat. A real estate company might be interested for the land alone, but, again, not gonna happen anytime soon.

I honestly feel that if parks are not opening in 2020 or only for a short period toward the end of the year, Cedar Fair will not survive. I would bet the execs are telling this to the Governors of the states involved.

Rapids 77-78 said:

Stimulus loans are a possibility IF Cedar Fair qualifies. I think most of those are going to small to medium businesses. Not sure CF fits.

Selling some of the parks won't occur anytime soon, even if they wanted to. Other companies in the park business are taking it in shorts also. None will be in a mood to buy another park. They will be happy enough of they can keep their own afloat. A real estate company might be interested for the land alone, but, again, not gonna happen anytime soon.

I honestly feel that if parks are not opening in 2020 or only for a short period toward the end of the year, Cedar Fair will not survive. I would bet the execs are telling this to the Governors of the states involved.

Cedar Fair has their full revolver intact 275M. They term loan maturing in 2024 and notes in 2024, 2027 & 2029. Simply put they have no major debt obligations in the near future. The things maturing in 2024 were going to be refinanced in part or in hole with new notes or term loans. CF is not Six Flags with a higher leverage, failed business model producing poor results during good times, incapable of organic growth & blew 500M on 2017. That money to buy stock was literally setting money on fire given the price it was bought at ($60+/share) & SF stock falling falling to $30 before Covid. The notion CF will not survive 2020 is literally nonsensical. They have about 100M interest obligations in 2020 & 7.5M term payment. Again, they have their full revolver if need be that could pay the needed 107.5M. Also, debt holders are not foolish & not petrified like SF holders, SF has a history & has made asinine business decisions, wasted money, don't have a business model producing success.

Rapids 77-78 said:

I guess this means no state of the art dark ride anytime soon, darn

Don't worry. The Aquatrax was pushed back as well.

Mav Launch " Then there's folks like the guy from Wuhan who works for my wife. He was telling her back in December about how bad the outbreak was (which was not reported by China) and how the local government was attempting to cover it up. So how is the wonderful NYT so incompetent as to say there is no evidence of transmission? It's a total failure of investigative journalism, most likely due to being far too busy trying to assist in the overthrow of a duly elected president (who broke no laws BTW)"

Hold on. Your wife knew about it in December? Have you left planet earth? This is the NYT's fault? Honestly I'm lost, you will hold a news organization accountable but not your own government?

The post below is whatever, I'm still finding my jaw on the floor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would you like to respond? I doubt it. Much like XS-Nightclub it's very easy to write a brief narrative on these forums or +1 you agree with, much more difficult to respond. It's incredibly easy to think yer the victim. When in fact you can respond with facts, insight and wisdom. Still waiting.

You have some facts and they are valid. But here's the issue. March 10th the President said this would all go away. It was a lie. If it wasn't, then it was incompetence. Pick one.

Jeff said:

It's not going to happen. Parks won't open in June.

I think you're correct. Although imo the threat is overblown, it's not if you're one of the deaders. As such it makes sense to err on the side of caution. The park will be there in '21 and beyond. If I (or anyone else) gets ill and dies it won't be. It's analogous to wearing your seat belts in that you most likely will not get into an accident, but it's not worth the risk.

Çp4€và04 said:

Mav Launch " Then there's folks like the guy from Wuhan who works for my wife. He was telling her back in December about how bad the outbreak was (which was not reported by China) and how the local government was attempting to cover it up. So how is the wonderful NYT so incompetent as to say there is no evidence of transmission? It's a total failure of investigative journalism, most likely due to being far too busy trying to assist in the overthrow of a duly elected president (who broke no laws BTW)"

Hold on. Your wife knew about it in December? Have you left planet earth? This is the NYT's fault? Honestly I'm lost, you will hold a news organization accountable but not your own government?

The post below is whatever, I'm still finding my jaw on the floor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Would you like to respond? I doubt it. Much like XS-Nightclub it's very easy to write a brief narrative on these forums or +1 you agree with, much more difficult to respond. It's incredibly easy to think yer the victim. When in fact you can respond with facts, insight and wisdom. Still waiting.

You have some facts and they are valid. But here's the issue. March 10th the President said this would all go away. It was a lie. If it wasn't, then it was incompetence. Pick one.

No, it was Trump being Trump. That's what he does.

The government is acting responsibly given the circumstances as the knowledge base is changing/expanding daily. The government will err on the side of caution as they have been doing.

99er said:

I think the MLB is pretty close to serious about it but everyone else involved is not necessarily on board with it. The amount of people needed to make one game happen let alone all of them would be very difficult. The USA Today had a good article about what it would take.

In other words, it's a non-starter.

The season can be shortened, parks can have attendance restrictions, and the Series can take place later in the year at a warm-weather location. I would surmise that the NFL is thinking along the same lines. A 12 game season is not out of the question, an extra month (or even two) can be added, and there can be attendance restrictions as well. IMO the same line of reasoning can be applied to the other major sports. Inconvenience, financial loss, and the sadness of not watching the NFL (or XFL) are far better than a huge death toll due to irresponsibility.

If either sport is entirely cancelled (it's happened) then they're cancelled under an abundance of caution. Hundreds (or thousands) of fans dying is not worth the cost of having small ball or the NFL.

A lot of folks are being hurt through no fault of their own. They're better off being hurt rather than dying, however.

Last edited by kjettski,

Just curious what was Cedar Fair's/Cedar Point's reaction to 9/11? Disney's is well documented but I'm not that well informed on how other park operators did during that tourism crisis.

There is growing evidence this is not a “you get the flu and either die or recover and then all is well” disease. We will know more as time goes on but preliminary observations are this could much, much worse than many originally thought.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/coronavirus-destroys-lungs-bu...story.html

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

One of the difficulties is that there have been so few autopsies performed in the US. There was an article I think yesterday in the Times about two performed recently in New York. There just hasn't been time or resources.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Here is the article that discusses the autopsies. It is very fascinating but as Jeff said, not nearly enough have been performed to really understand how the virus truly affects one's system.

https://academic.oup.com/ajcp/article/doi/10.1093/ajcp/aqaa062/5818922

Enjoy the rest of your day at America's Rockin' Roller Coast! Ride On!

kjettski said:
The season can be shortened, parks can have attendance restrictions, and the Series can take place later in the year at a warm-weather location.

And hopefully a later, shorter season is what we would see instead of this "baseball bubble" out west. Without attendance the games would need to be broadcast for any kind of good revenue and doing anything like that soon just doesn't seem smart or feasible to me. But let's say were in a good spot in Sept/Oct and games could start with restrictions then I would be all for it.

I can't wait to go back to debating about conversions that can't be done, and bridges that can't be used without a ADA compliant ramp....... and drones.

^I hear you man. Normally I like to bring brevity in the form of a sarcastic remark... but this virus has really just sucked the fun out of everything.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Omg DRE420 are you teasing an update on the Impossible Bridge©!

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Bridge was drawn on the cartoon map. Sooooo apparently they figured it out.

It sure will suck not being able to ride Orion this year but not knowing how they managed island access is going to gnaw at my core. 😂

Sure we knew it was going to a bridge and not a tunnel but what type of bridge? These kinds of things keep me up at night. I need answers and cant wait until 2022. It’s not healthy.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

^Those are the real struggles of this extended 2020 off season.

That and will the hand breaded chicken tenders in the 3rd location in 3 years still be flavorless..

I’m going to circle back on the topic of approved treatments for this virus. Here is a study of the efficacy of hydroxychloroquine or lack there of..

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.04.10.20060699v1.full.pdf

No evidence of clinical efficacy of hydroxychloroquine in patients hospitalised for COVID-19 infection and requiring oxygen: results of a study using routinely collected data to emulate a target trial

Once again there is no treatment that is FDA approved and is showing efficacy at levels that we can magically re-open America. Regardless of what Trump says.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service