Virus Impact on CP

djDaemon said:

Provides some hopeful outlook...

Your idea of hope must be different than mine. 100 million dead and global recession/depression. Now I am depressed.

Freedom of the press means many different things, but the co-equal branches of government purpose is to provide checks and balances between three branches. Freedom of the Press is more directed at the relationship of the people to the government. I like this particular definition that does come from our own government and is what it promotes to other aspiring democracies. At least used to.

“ A free press plays a vital role in democratic societies, enabling the open exchange of information and opinions among ordinary citizens, businesses, citizen associations, political parties, and governments. Free and open media systems give voice to citizens, truth test candidates and political parties during elections, inform policy debates in legislatures, investigate corruption, hold public officials accountable, enable democratic governance and facilitate more effective development.”

https://blog.usaid.gov/2013/05/free-press-the-cornerstone-of-democracy/

While not turning this into a civics research paper, I believe most if not all of those concepts can be found among the many writings of our founding fathers. These concepts were very important to them coming from an authoritarian regime. Without them you cannot have the most basic right we hold dear the most: Freedom.

It is easy to turn toward authoritarianism in times of crisis and upheaval as we have been in for several years (farther back than 2016). What is lost is the existence of everything we have fought to achieve for over two centuries.

Every single time I hear “FakeNews”, “Enemy of the People” it is like fingernails on a chalkboard.

Last edited by Cargo Shorts,

MaverickLaunch said:

If you don't think the last three years have been an organized attempt at a take-down by the leftist media and democrats...

Yes, clearly the musings of someone with a well-balanced diet of objective, unbiased news.

Brandon

Shades said:

Your idea of hope must be different than mine. 100 million dead and global recession/depression. Now I am depressed.

That figure was in reference to a potential global outbreak, not this one specifically.

Where I found hope was in reference to the positive impact of widespread testing. Yes, we should have started that back in January, but even with the governmental quagmire ramping up testing now could make a huge difference.

Brandon

Trying to reason with Trump's base is an exercise in futility.

I like tater tots.

June 11th, 2001 - Gemini 100
VertiGo Rides - 82
R.I.P. Fright Zone, and Cyrus along with it.

I concur Rob.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Skydiver said:

trying to reason with Libtards is impossible....

MaverickLaunch said:

If you don't think the last three years have been an organized attempt at a take-down by the leftist media and democrats, you really haven't been paying attention. Hell, it started even before he was elected.

Forgot to add.

Your “take down” is our 1st Amendment right “to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.” *hugs and kisses flag*

Welp watching these lovely press conferences I can see how this whole thing will be spun. Can anyone guess?

Now its the Medias fault. Same media that was 2 months ahead of this administration.

Remember kids March 3rd he learned that the virus isn't the Flu. March 10th it will go away. Yesterday/Today, "The only thing we weren't prepared for was the Media". "What a nasty question" and something about Comcast. No fake news or spin these are all available in full form on the internet. I bring up March 3rd and March 10th again because these are simple and easy to digest. If you have an understanding of the timeline it's irrefutable that the leadership was in denial, calling it a hoax and demonstrating total incompetence. A whole effing news network that butters it's bread by calling virtually ALL other media fake repeated these lies over and over.

The only response I can envision is that the Administration is handling it now so who cares what happened 10 days ago and beyond? Well those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat it. What happens next crisis? Do we spend over a month calling it a hoax? Do we listen to Hannity or actual experts? Do we hold those in charge accountable even if they align with our political worldview?

MaverickLaunch while I don't understand how you can think the way you do about this administration. I respect you for hanging in there and defending your opinions. Have a safe and blessed day all!

And what we suspected is happening. The park has announced that the season opening will be delayed to "mid-May"

https://www.cedarpoint.com/park-update

-Craig

The COVID-19 Delay

Inevitable, Hope all stay well. See you when they do open!

Ahhhhh C.P. My Happy Place!

MaverickLaunch said:

All the name calling is just childish. I will keep saying that. It is counter-productive and cheapens any argument you may be trying to make. It just sounds like Kindergarten debate team, and when I hear that, I almost immediately tune people out, and I'm sure I'm not alone. Argue on the merits -- if you actually have a strong argument to make, you won't NEED to call names.

So what is your defense of this president that uses name calling as a basic form of communication? Either you like him or tune him out? Maybe you like because you've tuned him out.

Joe
Eat 'em up, Tigers, eat 'em up!

FACTS.... Ohio 5 confirmed cases, March 13th. A week later March 20th ....170 confirmed cases. A rise of 3400% in one week. That is mind-boggling. All the while being left up to the governor of our State to make decisions that have some common sense.. I can't even imagine the numbers here if the schools, businesses, etc. WEREN'T closed!?! It would probably be like New York... 4200 confirmed cases yesterday, 7100 today or even worse Italy, 640 deaths overnight. We are now over 15,000 confirmed cases in the U.S. folks. Yes, science doesn't care what we think. Numbers don't lie. I'm starting to think that not even a delayed Memorial Day opening for Cedar Point is optimistic at this point.

Staaber said:

Skydiver said:

trying to reason with Libtards is impossible....

FYI, I'm middle-of-the road. There is a big difference between a true conservative and the liar-in-chief's lap-dog base.

Trump is not trying to uphold naming convention by calling it the China virus. It already had a name from scientists that was in wide use. He’s trying to place blame and he’s playing political games. Where it came from isn’t relevant. He needs to spend less time looking for a scapegoat and more time being a leader.

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

Like during today's press conference? I like to think of myself as someone who respects the office no matter which party is in it. But the behavior today was inexcusable.

Does anyone know the financial situation with Cedar Fair? Will they be fine?

New for 2021! Body temperature scanners!

-Craig

What do you think the new toll booths are for? Laser Scanners. The building to the left? Isolation and detention room. And we all thought it was for traffic control. So naive.

Corporate Mouse said:

Does anyone know the financial situation with Cedar Fair? Will they be fine?

With some government cheese.

Hypothetically if the whole chain has to mothball for the season their normal operating expenses will be minimal, limited to whatever full time staff they keep on board, some security, minimal utilities, drop marketing, etc., but there is still the debt to service. Hopefully Congress will work through some of those issues and provide relief in some form or other.

I wouldn't count on picking up Maverick for cheap at a liquidation auction.

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service