Cedar Point Legacy Walk

I just saw a CP Twitter picture that shows where the Legacy Walk bricks will be. It appears they removed that Caricature building near the splash fountain and possibly removed the fountain itself.

I noticed the same thing. Strange they would completely remove it though considering how popular that splash pad is on hot days for kids. I’m excited for the legacy walk though!

Maybe it has something to do with the new parade. Like it could make a stop there for an interaction with the crowd.

They haven't removed it, at least according to that picture. They've removed the pavers surrounding the splash pad, but that's all we can see there.

Brandon

Shane - glad to pitch in, especially as I raised the idea (though it was likely going to pop up anyways by others). I never got to meet either one, but it's clear that most of the people on the forum rally care about the park like it is a second home and definitely part of our lives. I am glad to be here and feel good about chipping in. I also know the families will appreciate it.

Do you think they would approve a brick that says:

NEW FOR 202X

INTAMIN AQUATRAX

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

Or a brick that says:

MAKE ME WHOLE AGAIN

I would get one that says PLEASE INSTALL WHEELS CORRECTLY

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

I just hope they don't install all the bricks upside down!

Since nobody has offered any input about the bricks for Pete & John, I’ll figure something out.

Does anyone know their last names, or how to contact families for replica bricks?

ROUNDABOUND.

I didn't know Pete personally, but was his name in his obituary that was posted here? Maybe that also has names of next of kin...

Edit: https://forums.pointbuzz.com/Forums/Topic/pete-babic

Last edited by WolfBobs,

Shane, Pete's signature has to many characters but maybe it could be shortened?

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,

than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

WolfBobs- Yes it was Babic, thanks.

Cargo- I had the same thought

ROUNDABOUND.

Got my mini brick in the mail today. If USPS tells you a package is coming from Chadds Ford, PA, that is the brick.

1974: Catering Slave for Interstate United
1975-77: Catering Manager for Cedar Point

djDaemon said:

They haven't removed it, at least according to that picture. They've removed the pavers surrounding the splash pad, but that's all we can see there.

It’s definitely gone. :-D

e x i t english said:

djDaemon said:

It’s definitely gone. :-D

was that officially announced today?

It was officially observed today by any WCO attendee.

During Q&A someone asked about the jumping fountains and Tony acknowledged that it is gone but nothing else was mentioned as far as what’s replacing it.

Pointbuzz Remembers

John T Riedy

Mr Skyward

-or-

10/31/52 - 12/1/19

———————————

Pointbuzz Remembers

Pete Babic

-or-

7/8/54 - 11/24/18

Please let me know a preference (or other ideas) ASAP as I want to order these by Friday...

I couldn’t find next of kin info to try to send replica bricks and time is running out. So I guess we could just do a brick for each with a graphic in the park?

Edit: Just contacted the funeral home that handled Pete’s services, gave them my number and asked if they could forward it along to the family. Maybe they will call in the next few days.

Last edited by Shane Denmark,

ROUNDABOUND.

I think your 3 line idea of : Pointbuzz remembers, proper name, and birth/passing dates are perfect. I would go with those for sure.

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service