December 11th Announcement

I'm excited about Snake River expedition and the new Parade/Interactive Celebration. The floats look crazy in scale for CP. But also VERY excited about the prospect of a lifetime Cedar Point pass. Coaster nerds everywhere are rejoicing... at least for now. :)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I'm surprised that it took 45 minutes for someone to post something about the announcements.

Not too many years ago there would have been a play by play on here.

Dvo said:

But also VERY excited about the prospect of a lifetime Cedar Point pass. Coaster nerds everywhere are rejoicing... at least for now. :)

It's those damn Lifetime Passholders that are making the lines long!

A few thoughts:

Legacy Walk - I guess I'm going to ask my family for a brick for Christmas.

Self Guided Tour - I think that will be kind of cool. Seems like it will run through the app.

Food - More Mac & Cheese, Elephant Ears, and Fried Chicken.

The updated Town Hall looks really cool from the renderings. I think it will be a good replacement for what used to be there.

I'm not a parade guy but if the floats they showed in the presentation are half as good in real life, it will be quite impressive.

Snake River Expedition - It seems like it will follow the path of PWE. They will be actual boats, not on a track. They will have animatronics, and a Live E element with actors interacting with guests. I'm very happy about this.

Their big traffic plan is new signage... at least, that's what they have so far.

When Jason was asked about Winterfest, he basically said "Go to Kings Island".

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

I didn't play-by-play, because I was watching and didn't want to miss anything. I am very excited about the things that are coming. They kind of took the Disney guest experience model and adapted it.

Huh? Disney Guest model ??
I must’ve missed something...

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Guess so. That sucks.

A lot of great announcements. Glad to see what they're doing with The Corral especially. It will be nice to have another high-throughput eatery on the Main Midway.

Legacy Walk is a neat, unexpected surprise. And at $75-$100, not terribly expensive. Though it seems based on the description that these will be in place only for the 2020 season?

Brandon

I'm listening to it right now, and so far it sounds good. But no sailing charters though. :(

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Brandon, yes - they will be in place for May 2020. The cutoff date for sale is February 29.

The wind chill in Sandusky was in the single digits today. That is all you need to know about WinterFest. Next.

As for the announcement, loved it. I loved that they did it in the Rotunda. I loved that they were surrounded by CP employees. I loved that they gave away a Lifetime Pass to an employee.

Oh, and I've already ordered my brick.

Well done CP. I hope you have a wonderful celebration.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

"Loved" how Tony quickly made a joke out of all the people asking about restrooms then moved on to another topic instead of taking a moment to address a very popular complaint. Something tells me we'll be using the same wet, dungeons for our sanitary needs in 2020.

To be fair, Disney still has a number of restrooms throughout its property that need some love. It isn't a high priority for anyone...which I agree is a bummer...but they aren't alone.

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world...but it requires people to make the dreams a reality."

-Walt Disney

I don’t know why, but park announcements like this are always a little cringy. Attempts at ad-lib humor can bomb so easily...

Anyway, my absolute favorite thing was how they kindly reserved time at the end for questions but just about all he could come up with were fanboys asking about a 500 foot coaster. I about died laughing. Well, at least there was an attempt...

RCMAC said:

I don’t know why, but park announcements like this are always a little cringy. Attempts at ad-lib humor can bomb so easily...

Anyway, my absolute favorite thing was how they kindly reserved time at the end for questions but just about all he could come up with were fanboys asking about a 500 foot coaster. I about died laughing. Well, at least there was an attempt...

Glad you liked it!

Director of Communications at Cedar Point

Chief Wahoo said:

To be fair, Disney still has a number of restrooms throughout its property that need some love. It isn't a high priority for anyone...which I agree is a bummer...but they aren't alone.

I guess that's true, but I was at Disney in May and was hugely impressed by the quality of the restrooms there. Going from that atmosphere - lots of stalls, themed, well-maintained, bright, etc. - and then going to Cedar Point and its damp, dank, small, dark concrete bunkers strewn with wet toilet paper and discarded paper towels, trash cans overflowing...yeah, there's room for improvement.

RCMAC said:

I don’t disagree with you at all. But I watched the entire thing and there were many good questions being asked had they scrolled through them. People asked about the bathrooms, and it was joked about, but not even remotely addressed. Seemed rushed towards the end.

Oh, and by the way, it’s nice to see some details of Snake River Expedition. Especially confirming the fact that it will be in the same path and waters as PWE, even though that’s what they said in the original (vague) announcement. But, I know some people on here needed more clarification because of concern about the new wood on the current floating bridges.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

Did you see how fast those comments were scrolling by? A little hard to follow, I’m certain.

For sure. Try to watch the replay of the announcement in real time and hell you can't really follow. Well I couldn't follow anyway but I'm well out of the MTV demo.

I was watching people argue with someone and I didn't even see the original comment that started it.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

RCMAC said:

I've never watched a park announcement like this, which is exactly what made it so much fun to watch.

Unless you live in New York, or Florida. ;)

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

e x i t english said:
Did you see how fast those comments were scrolling by? A little hard to follow, I’m certain.

When going live on YouTube, if you simply hold your finger over the comments that are popping up, they stop auto scrolling as viewers submit their comments.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service