How embarrassing!

Life is too short. Enjoy the park for how great is, and hopefully, how great it will continue to be!

I live far away in Virginia, I went to the park last year, didn't go this year waiting for the next new thing. I do agree there is a slight disapionment that there is not the big shiny new toy announced YET, and none of my family or crew that takes the every other year trip with me is excited for next year, they are trying to convince me to do Hershey park/ six flags great adventure instead. We normally do Kalahari/cedar point over 3-4 days when we make the trip.

But Cedar Point is still an amazing place. I'm hr from Kings dominion (We just lost Volcano, one of our best coasters, and it does not appear CedarFair ever plans to spend significant money there again, although the RMC baby coaster they did here is cool), 2 hrs from Bush Gardens (my College/Teenage kids hate that park, too spread out, too many coasters in the 40mph range and almost always crowded), 1 hrs from Six flags American (horrible) 2.5 hrs from Hershey (great Park) 4 hrs from SFGA (great rides, iffy park), and then 6 1/2 hours from Cedar Point and Carowinds (Cedar Point every time).

I have faith that if they choose family options this year, they will do something a little more exciting next year or the year after.

^ 2 hours from Cedar Point and I would rather drive right by there to get to Hersheypark and Great Adventure, anyday. I would also drive within an hour of Cedar Point and head 6.5 hours south to hit Holiday World and Kentucky Kingdom.

CP should have waited to convert Mean Streak for the 2020 season. Maybe it would actually be reliable and have a capacity of more than 500 seats per hour. It's such a shame because it IS my number 3 coaster but the wait times are atrocious.

In all honesty, if they weren't offering the $99 gold pass (new regular pass), their renewals would be horrible right now based on what they've announced, so far. I'm hoping that there is more, but, it's looking like my investments in the Hersheypark, Holiday World and Diamond Elite memberships are the only ones I'll be making for next year, UNLESS, Cedar Point announces something fantastic. And it doesn't even need to be a roller coaster, but something that makes my visits MUCH more enjoyable than they have been compared to many other parks. BTW, I've been to 34 different parks in 2019, alone. It's not the worst park, but, the experience should be better.

As I've stated in other posts, the only ticket CF MIGHT sell me is a $40 ticket to CP that includes parking, admission and all day drinks because I live in Michigan. Other than that, I'll be spending my money at the parks I already have passes to and to go out to Burning Man for an 18 day trip.

Zoug68 said:

CP should have waited to convert Mean Streak for the 2020 season. Maybe it would actually be reliable and have a capacity of more than 500 seats per hour. It's such a shame because it IS my number 3 coaster but the wait times are atrocious.

Is that you, Just Coasting? Just curious, how would waiting two years to do the same project have any impact at all on the ride's capacity/performance?

And do you think that perhaps you hold CP to a higher standard, because it's presumably the park you've been to most frequently? It's very easy to think of a brand new park as a better experience, because everything is new to you. Just a thought...

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Awesome, this thread made it to page 3. How does it already feel like offseason?

^^ Zoug, I say do what makes you happy. If CP ain't it, fine. And I am not saying that from a sarcastic "shorter lines for me" approach. Life is too short. Personally, I still have a great time at CP and I think this Gold Pass thing will work out to being like how Wild Card worked out this year,and I could manage those crowds.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Zoug68 said:

^ 2 hours from Cedar Point and I would rather drive right by there to get to Hersheypark and Great Adventure, anyday.

I drove past Cedar Point to go to Six Flags Ohio.

-- Chuck Wagon --
aka Pagoda Gift Shop

I drove past Cedar Point to go to Camp Sandusky. But then once we set up camp we went to Cedar Point.

ROUNDABOUND.

Six Flags Great Adventure reminds me of a park that is unfinished. There really is nothing that stands out to me other than El Toro and Zumanjaro. In my opinion, it is a typical filthy park with ugly advertising branded everywhere.

Hersheypark is a nice park. I truly have nothing negative to say about it.

However, I personally would never drive past Cedar Point any day considering the offerings. Sure, each park has their own unique thing about them and their charm, but Cedar Point is a getaway.

"I'll only give a park my business if they give me a new 25 million dollar ride every year!" LOL

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

Then you should get the Titanium Pass to Make Me Whole Land. That park has cheap prices, they get a new 500FT 200MPH coaster every year, rides never break down, wheels are always installed correctly, Pac-Man is always working, they always run at full promised capacity, food is always 5-star restaurant quality, they never sell out of tickets for special events, bathrooms are always squeaky clean, you can drive on any road you want to get into the park, and they even allow you to fly drones in the park.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

ROTFL I just spit bourbon on my monitor.

Last edited by Lash,

^^I would settle for 2 star restaurants and bathrooms with toilet paper.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Dear Haters,

Like Katy sings.. " Take Your Rose-Colored Glasses Off"

1. It is embarrassing that giving this pass as a way to celebrate 150 years. I fully agree but they are trying to attract families and locals to come to Americans Rockin Rollin Coast!

2. Please cease and desist with bashing someone who has an idea, solution, input and do you really want to look like a hater, low life and make yourself look like a fool?

Let me be blunt and try my best to walk a fine line!

My hometown amusement park has been investing millions in our waterpark when it purchased it back in the 1980s. They moved a waterpark block away in the late '80s and it was looking pretty poor and run down in the past decade. So they are adding a mega waterslide in 2020. Hmm, 2020 looks like a round rememberable number. I know the owners and they support Trump. Not trying being political but that waterpark has revamped and rebranded my hometown park as a small amusement park who has its own charm, size and rides to call its own. What they are doing is buying property around the park to expand to keep up with Cedar Fair, Six Flags, Kennywood and all other companies who own amusement parks. I have told them to build a steel coaster for years!

When I worked at Cedar Point in 2006 and for those who used to work there or know the ins. We were told about a 500 ft coaster and since then nothing! With the understanding of breaking records, marketing, and trends. It seems Six Flags could kick Cedar Fair in the arse by 2023 if they open their amusement park in the Middle East. But Cedar Fair is a Sandusky Ohio staple like the Cruze Ford factory is in Youngstown. Those tax dollars are put back into the community which is why I think they are trying to give those who can not afford Cedar Point some slack. When I worked there I asked Park Op and all the big boys. They kept telling this and that but one of these days someone is going to leak something online. Then a competitor could pick it up and use that. I remember signing that I will not leak any info if I know what is going on.

So that history you posted about "No Coaster" seems legit but people are afraid of change and a change in the bull puckie could do Cedar Fair justice. Cedar Point is trying to be a "Disney, Universal Studio and Vegas" tourist attraction for the Nation. It has the power, the name, the collection but the land is questionable. Just like I mention about my hometowns park and I could get to Cedar Point in 3 hours. It is all about planning, design, liability, trends and Cedar Point is Cedar Point. It's own unique beauty and charm. Setting the pace for others to defy gravity and to try and be like. So I agree with all but lets get to the point. We love our park!

HandsUp2006 said:
But Cedar Fair is a Sandusky Ohio staple like the Cruze Ford factory is in Youngstown. Those tax dollars are put back into the community which is why I think they are trying to give those who can not afford Cedar Point some slack.

I understand where you’re coming from with your post, but the Cruze was a GM car made in Lordstown, and unfortunately that plant closed back at the beginning of this year. This in turn devastated the area quite a bit. The other part of this that makes it a very odd comparison is that the community has bailed GM out a couple of times. I think CF continues to give back to the community rather than rely on the community.

Also, SF tried to go head to head with CF in Ohio. They lost miserably. Why? Over investment in coasters and not focusing on families and good customer service. We've been down this road before...

Also, SF is only selling their name to a park in Saudi Arabia, they will have very little to do with it after that. It's basically a franchise. And I don't think CF is worried about a park half a world away to steal their core regional business. lol That park is a non factor to CF and their plans. Be realistic.

I would say about 98% of the core business are NOT coaster enthusiasts and don't give a s**t about a park that will end up being in the middle east. They ONLY care about what opens at their local park. I'd be surprised if more than 15-20% of the annual visitors to Cedar Point have been to any park outside of Ohio other than Orlando parks.

Last edited by WolfBobs,

Wait, what... there are parks in Orlando?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Can’t wait to get my souvenir bone saw at SF Qiddiya .

Just because I have not made a complaint, rant, or negative comment to all the "Cedar Point" fanboys on this web page in quite a while, I want you to know that I am not making up new user names to post things on this forum.

When I do post something, rest assured, I will use "Just Coasting" as I always do.

^Oh, I was just joking, because Zoug was using some very similar rhetoric to some of your rants. But props to you for staying on brand and owning it. :)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

I keep seeing it posted over and over again, on almost every thread and on this one as well.

There will be no 2 year celebration. That was the original plan, it was scrapped a while ago. It was supposed to be the 150th operating season, which is this one right now......and the 150th anniversary which is next year.

It is a 1 year celebration only. For enthusiasts focusing on CP it floors me that the idea of a 2 year celebration is still floated out there........it has been cancelled!

No 2 year celebration??!! I am not going back to Cedar Point. Ever. LOL

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service