Forbidden Frontier

I wonder what the severe weather protocols are gonna be for this attraction.
I’ve been on the Dino island for a really severe storm, where it was pretty difficult for me and a guy from P&D to get off the island with the torrential downpour. (It was really cool with the Dino’s and noises though)
All the employees had already evacuated, and the park was virtually empty when we got out to the hill toward magnum. There was a river running down to the island from the main midway.
With small children being a target age, I’m wondering what level of precaution for weather will trigger an evacuation of the island.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

I would say either steady rain or heavy precipitation would be the evacuation point.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

XS NightClub said:

I wonder what the severe weather protocols are gonna be for this attraction.
I’ve been on the Dino island for a really severe storm, where it was pretty difficult for me and a guy from P&D to get off the island with the torrential downpour. (It was really cool with the Dino’s and noises though)
All the employees had already evacuated, and the park was virtually empty when we got out to the hill toward magnum. There was a river running down to the island from the main midway.
With small children being a target age, I’m wondering what level of precaution for weather will trigger an evacuation of the island.

Did you get Alan Grant to endorse the park at least?

"Late afternoon stroll on Adventure Island", by Jason McClure.

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Kevinj said:

"Late afternoon stroll on Adventure Island", by Jason McClure.

Interesting. Shows more than I anticipated when the announcement was first made. Optimistically hopeful that Forbidden Frontier will exceed expectations.

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

Pretty. :D I can almost smell the fresh wood. I can't wait another two months!

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

@JasonMcClureCP

"Found my way back..."

Last edited by JeffH,

Making good use of what remains of Shoot the Rapids

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

I'm really hoping that they transform FF into a haunted version for Halloweekends. Bring back the smoke-covered island! :)

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Okay, that would be so cool. It would be even better if we could have monsters pop out from the water.

I'd rather be sailing

On one hand, I miss STR. I really wish CP would install another log flume. I am cautiously optimistic about Adventure Island. I'd like to see it well-done and it's a different idea. My concern is that everywhere other than Boneville Cedar Fair has a habit of half-assing anything that is remotely themed. After the Disaster Transport mess, they have been gunshy to try. However, with some investment and creativity, this could be fun. Capacity may be an issue though, particularly since this won't open until peak season....Any word on a Platinum Passholder Adventure Island day?

"Forgiveness is almost always easier to obtain than permission."

Looks like there is a passholder preview day for Forbidden Frontier on May 24th, with food samples.

https://www.cedarpoint.com/play/events/forbidden-frontier-season-pass-preview

^^ Agree with a few of the posted comments. Think that Forbidden Frontier could be a VERY fun, interesting, unique as a Halloweekend attraction. 'Little House on the Prairie meets CP Creepsters',... and having the Creature from the Black Lagoon springing out of the water. (Would be pretty cold at the time of the year, but, awesome)

Last edited by Stacys,

Creature from the black lagoon.....
Maybe we will finally see the Rougaroo?

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

^^Awesome Idea!!

Great idea to tie rides/stories together.

Stacys said:

and having the Creature from the Black Lagoon springing out of the water. (Would be pretty cold at the time of the year, but, awesome)

Wouldn't the actors be able to wear wetsuits under their costumes? Like maybe a 3mm thick one? The only downside I can see to this is that wetsuits are a pain to put on.

I'd rather be sailing

^ But, if you pee in them, it helps to keep you warm :)

Only momentarily...

why do I know about this? ;)

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Hey it saves the cost of giving the help bathroom breaks while creating a scare...What's not to like?

"Forgiveness is almost always easier to obtain than permission."

Some new detail (I think?) on Forbidden Frontier.

Brandon

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service