Live Web Cams

jimmyburke said:
Yes indeed, the lake can be a bear. I always feel bad for the ride operators on that side such as Wicked Twister & Troika on days of NE cold wind & rain....

No need to feel bad. The cold/high wind days make up for the fact that we still get that breeze off of the lake during those hot 90° days. Not to mention, the wind from Wicked Twister’s train going in and out of the station feels awesome from the employee safe zones during those hot days.

Checking the webcam 2 and looks like there’s a crane by Millie’s first overbank turn.

I saw that too, but on closer observation determined it wasn't a crane but a Great Blue Heron.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

operative_me said:

I saw that too, but on closer observation determined it wasn't a crane but a Great Blue Heron.

hahaha! Well played.

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

A ton of work going on on webcam 1. Doing some land stuff where Cedars was, inside the park lots of action and tons of stuff taken out like stands for shows.........they are definitely busy before the park opens.

I have a guess on what's going on long term, but short term is this where the monster trucks are going......I assumed they would be by wicked Twister where the temp stage was last year, but with this activity going on.....looks like it could be here?

Seems like it would be a mess getting peopl over to the cedars side, the Valravyn crossing would be very busy on Peremoter road. I cant imagine this is 2020 work right now.....would be too soon for what I have been thinking is going there.

Alright, obviously I didnt realize that this IS where the monster trucks are going before I wrote that post.

Still cool to see the construction on the webcam, curious how people are going to get from celebration plaza to where Cedar was though.......interesting

Crossing guard.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

People will get to the monster trucks the same way people have been getting from the park to the marina for years. Through the marina gate and there will be traffic control at the crossing like their usually has been.

Steve Shives
First Cedar Point Visit - 1972
Dockholder-Cedar Point Marina

The Cedars site looks so much smaller without the building there

2015 - Ride Host: Shoot the Rapids 2016 - Team Leader: Ripcord/Challenge Golf 2017 - Supervisor: Thunder Canyon 2018 - Supervisor: Camp Snoopy 2019 - Supervisor: Power Tower

samosuband said:
The Cedars site looks so much BETTER without the building there

I fixed that for you.

they'll most likely load and unload the monster truck in celebration plaza. and just stop traffic for the truck to cross. the other display trucks will be parked around celebration plaza

That seems plausible. But can we just admit this whole monster truck thing is unexpected?

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Unexpected maybe, but a great idea, a good way to make some use of a couple of areas. The area where the trucks will be on display across from Celebration Plaza has been a sizeable dead area for a few years. The Cedars plot is likely easily transformed into the Monster Truck course and they even saved the trees.(Earth Day comment). When the Trucks vacate end of June they can begin constructing the "some ride" for 2020.

XS NightClub said:

samosuband said:
The Cedars site looks so much BETTER without the building there

I fixed that for you.

Everybody hatin’ on my old home! Yes, it was time for Cedars to go, but, it was a piece of history. Those old style hotels just don’t exist anymore.

1974: Catering Slave for Interstate United
1975-77: Catering Manager for Cedar Point

JohnMosesBrowning said:

Everybody hatin’ on my old home! Yes, it was time for Cedars to go, but, it was a piece of history. Those old style hotels just don’t exist anymore.

I always thought that Cedar's midwestern-lakeside architecture was superb. Not having the same relationship to those buildings as many of you, I felt the decision to tear them down instead of refurbishing was unfortuante.

The point of no return for Cedars was decades ago, any refurbishment would be more of a complete rebuild... in the way breakers was re-imagined.
Then there’s the use.... what would the use of a building designed so long ago be besides dorm rooms?

No ROI, no historical significance..... I guess McClure thought its better as a parking lot for oversized tonka trucks.

XS NightClub said:

The point of no return for Cedars was decades ago, any refurbishment would be more of a complete rebuild... in the way breakers was re-imagined.

This represents a type of comment that allowed me to believe that my relationship with the Cedars is different than many on this forum. Alas, I disagree with the "no historical significance" statement, believing that such statements are in the proverbial eye of the beholder. Although it literally had no historical significance in 1899, Cedar Point had enough creativity at that time to generate ROI with the Bay Shore hotel see more information here

Last edited by Urumqi,

In 1899 they didn’t charge for parking, now it would be better utilized to generate revenue as a parking lot.

XS NightClub said:

In 1899 they didn’t charge for parking, now it would be better utilized to generate revenue as a parking lot.

I'm not sure how this disputes my belief that "the decision to tear them down instead of refurbishing was unfortunate." And, have they announced that the land where Cedars stood is going to be used as a parking lot?

Last edited by Urumqi,

yancer said:

they'll most likely load and unload the monster truck in celebration plaza. and just stop traffic for the truck to cross. the other display trucks will be parked around celebration plaza

The webcam view today is updated, and it looks like this will almost certainly be the case. A lot of work going on both in the Cedars area, as well as in Celebration plaza. A nice section of fence has been torn out, so it certainly seems like the truck will load inside the park's confines.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service