Forbidden Frontier

Truth. And there's only so many indoor eateries at CP with only so much seating room, especially when it's a busy, hot day. The more places to cool off for a spell while you have lunch, the better.

Proud 5th Liner and CP fan since 1986.

The Coney BBQ at KI is a large building and offers no indoor seating. I'm guessing this will be set up the same way.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Aren't Crystal Rock Café at CPS and the Coney BBQ at KI the same building?

Zoug68 said:

Aren't Crystal Rock Café at CPS and the Coney BBQ at KI the same building?

Pretty much.

~chugh43

Well, at least we have an answer to the seating at BBQ;

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/new-dining-experiences-for-2019

All outdoor. It looks like the seating area is pretty significant, and Hugo's food is sounding even better.

I think we're all ready to see the next map piece revealed now, thanks. :)

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Hard to imagine why it’s all outdoor seating when the building looks enormous. I believe it’s all outdoor seating but why is the building so large? I

First ride; Magnum 1994

Could it be to accommodate the large smokers? Or maybe part of the building will be used as a foods warehouse for the back of the park.

Bluestreaker said:
Could it be to accommodate the large smokers? Or maybe part of the building will be used as a foods warehouse for the back of the park.

I don't think smokers can justify the space, the smoker at famous daves takes up roughly a 10x10 foot space and can handle an impressive amount to meat, last season they smoked roughly every other day most of the year. Capacity wise I would estimate that only 60 percent of the capacity of that smoker and it is used to smoke; pork for pulled pork, brisket, ribs, and half chickens. However if the park is planning to replace the pre cooked BBQ products used in other places in the park with home made that may require additional capacity.

And I think we would all agree that would space well used.

Promoter of fog.

The reason for the building's size is simple - it needs to be that big to efficiently serve lots of people. Sure, it may be less than quarter full on a Tuesday in May, but on a nice Saturday in October?

Brandon

Kevinj said:

I think we're all ready to see the next map piece revealed now, thanks. :)

We did get a peak at the 2nd map piece at the Chill Out.

You did?

I don't recall anyone ever sharing what they saw. I mean, we got some general info, but unless I missed it somewhere I don't remember sharing that.

What was on it?

EDITED 2 DAYS LATER:

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

I'm not quite sure what it could be, all I know is ride operation staff are working there.

Forbidden Frontier on Adventure Island - 2019

So....no one has really commented on this reveal, so I'll jump in.

it's admittingly less exciting than the first, but it does hit on the dedication of the actors that are going to be in place on this island. I'm picturing this part of the journey as sort of the "gateway" to the other inhabitants of the island, with Etta Fox giving visitors some kind of warning about the feuds going on.

Per Tony...

Allegedly, she’s been sent from Frontier Town over to Adventure Island to keep the peace amongst the island camps. But what would even cause them to feud?

This one is obvious. Is Pipescream a roller-coaster or a flat ride?

Guests will be asked to take a side...

Promoter of fog.

I really hope they hire better actors than the ones they had last year.

I wonder if the actors really hope that better guests show up...

"Your persiflage does not amuse. " - Ralph (from Around the world in 80 days)

Click here for a larger version

Last edited by Walt,

Walt Schmidt - Co-Publisher, PointBuzz
PointBuzz on Twitter | Facebook | YouTube
Home to the Biggest Fans of the World's Best Amusement Park

I want to go down the spiral slide.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

So its not a totally immersive ba-jigga coaster experience that we've been promised for the big 150th?

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service