Forbidden Frontier

Whatever it is, hopefully we get an update soon. Or at least more teasers.

May The Millennium Force Be With You!

Details recently announced during California's Great America Master Plan presentation, apparently mentioned an "Adventure Island" attraction and described a high ropes course. Given Cedar Fairs's tendency to use similar names for similar attractions, this could also describe CP's Forbidden Frontier on Adventure Island:

Details here.

Something like this would make sense given the description. This makes me think of the short-lived (it lasted all of 3 seasons) Adventure Mountain at Dollywood, which was very popular while it stood.

Hmm..perhaps a marriage between Adventure Mountain and A Pirate's Adventure at Disney (which was mentioned by Pete way back on page one).

Last edited by Kevinj,

Promoter of fog.

Very popular and VERY LOUD.

884 Coasters, 35 States, 7 Countries
http://www.rollercoasterfreak.com My YouTube

You are indeed correct. I forgot about that aspect of the attraction.

Promoter of fog.

It sounds like it is going to be more of an IRL Westworld type of thing.

Will there be a walk way from the Fort Sandusky to the Magnum? So people don't have to walk around Frontiertown to the Magnum.

Even though the park now has an amazing family coaster on the spot, I still really miss Dollywood’s Adventure Mountian. It was fantastic fun *sheds tear onto keyboard*. The clanking of those pucks along the track slots really did make a lot of racket, but many of the ropes course vendors sell “quiet pucks” now.

Here’s hoping we end up with something similar. *crossing fingers*

Richie A.

There appears to be a couple of new good sized structures on the island. Can anyone provide more info or some behind the scenes pictures of such?

I'm not seeing what you're seeing....?

~chugh43

Is that not a new redish/ brown roof on a building near the big sweeping right hand low to the ground turn?

Can you share a picture of what/where you are talking about? I'm not understanding what/where you are talking about.

~chugh43

Look at Webcam 3.

Promoter of fog.

Yes you can definitely see a new building on the island.

Clearly the new monorail station. Also sells Bosco Sticks (What's inside?)

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Definitely looked at the cams and couldn't really see anything until a friend looked and circled the buildings.

~chugh43

Can't call it an escape room if it's entirely outdoors! *thinking guy meme*

I'll say this; kudos to the park for trying something truly unique (to Cedar Point). Something like this doesn't work unless there is a commitment to go all-in, and it sounds like they have made a dedicated investment into something the whole family can enjoy.

I'm excited to see the updates.

Promoter of fog.

I also like that it's not an upcharge attraction. I was a little curious about that since Dinos Alive was an upcharge. At least in the beginning (and later for non-passholders).

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service