Steel Vengeance

TwistedWicker77 said:
Exactly. Just like a company picnic for many businesses, Big Bash has never been a β€œsuck up” event.

Or you could say all company events are "suck up" events

Haha yeah, if you’re a pessimist who can’t understand appreciation, maybe. :)

Got 5 rides in before 9am at the publicity shoot this morning. Really cool of the park to give fans a chance to be involved!

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Got 7 rides of Vengeance. Then
Walked on - Maverick, Valravn, Gatekeeper, Dragster and Magnum. All by 10:30.

Millennium and Raptor were not running at that point.

Cedar Point guest since 1974

I have been to 4 or 5 of these marketing shoots as an extra and this was by far the most organized, best handled shoot I've been to at CP. Tony brought his A game today and it showed.

I hope CP and Tony got all the footage they needed.

I never saw the drone. Did anyone see it?

Cedar Point guest since 1974

No. I barely saw cameras. The ride is so intense though...

Last edited by operative_me,

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Queue Times is showing a 30 minute standby wait for Steel Vengeance at the moment. Ohio schools are definitely back in session.

Hey Mr. Magnum XL 200. History repeated it's self. SV loses an Advancement wheel as the train enters the station, Mean Streak lost a Chain Dog from the train. As we were there to whiteness that one. PRICELESS!!!!! :-)

MeanVengeance18

Whaaat?? Hands down best ride in the park. Barrel rolls so intense and outside banking is sick like nothing else.πŸŽ’πŸŽ’πŸŽ’πŸŽ’πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ‘

😁😁😁😁 I forgot that one.

Cartwright said:

Queue Times is showing a 30 minute standby wait for Steel Vengeance at the moment. Ohio schools are definitely back in session.

There was also a high chance of rain and it did rain for a while when we were there in the afternoon. I saw the almost empty parking lot on the webcam and decided to go to the park instead of grocery shopping. Around 3 or 4 Valravn was a walk on.

At 7:30 this evening the wait for Steel Vengeance was 2 hours and Maverick was 1 1/2 hours.

Rode SV 6 more times Sunday and Monday - FP+ wait at most was 45 minutes.

Will Cedar Fair hire me for 2 hours so I can take a Swiffer to the SV queues? There is the world's luckiest spider living on a fluorescent light right off the FP queue that has a summer's worth of dead bugs in it's web, not to mention quite a few other spider webs all over the queues. It's a minor issue, but easily fixed too.

Now a 29 time Steel Vengeance survivor! Two time Winter Chill Out dude.

TMAN264's comment reminded me of the following thought I had while waiting for a ride on Steel Vengeance yesterday. "Cedar Point is like no place else, in that people feel emboldened not only to complain about the area's bugs but also the spiders trying to eat those bugs!" Some people will never be happy ;)

Tall and fast not so much upside down...

At Kings Dominion yesterday and today. Little rain right now so we are taking a break. 8 rides so far on Twisted Timbers. We were going to go for a few more earlier but the green train had to be taken off and they are down to 1 train ops. The ride is GREAT. It's not Steel Vengeance by any means but it really packs a punch. The drop I liked more than Storm Chaser, the airtime is very strong and there is so much of it. My favorite part are the twisted airtime hills mid ride where the photo is taken. Final inversion was my favorite of the group. I really hope that Cedar Fair continues to have RMC convert some of their crappy old woodies. Canada's Wonderland is our home park and either Minebuster or Wild Beast would be great choices in a few years for their next coaster after Yukon Striker. The cell phone policy was being "enforced" in a similar way to SV, with the big front sign and some questioning from the front entrance ride host.

CP Coaster Top 10: 1. Steel Vengeance (40 rides to date) 2. Top Thrill Dragster (191 launches to date, 4 rollbacks) 3. Magnum XL 200 4. Millennium Force 5. Maverick 6. Raptor 7. GateKeeper 8. Valravn 9. Rougarou 10. Gemini

TMAN264 said:
Rode SV 6 more times Sunday and Monday - FP+ wait at most was 45 minutes.

Will Cedar Fair hire me for 2 hours so I can take a Swiffer to the SV queues? There is the world's luckiest spider living on a fluorescent light right off the FP queue that has a summer's worth of dead bugs in it's web, not to mention quite a few other spider webs all over the queues. It's a minor issue, but easily fixed too.

They need to do something about the spiders in the MF queue. The black railing going up the ramp is INFESTED with them. Some of them are huge too.

Cleaning the spiders and spider webs used to be one of the jobs you did when opening in the morning. Instead of complaining on here, send an email or make a phone call to management.

Last edited by Bluestreaker,

It still should be their job. AND considering all of this downtime MF has had, perhaps the ride ops can get out their handy dandy brooms and decob the entire queue line together as a crew. Cleanliness has certainly taken a spot on the back burner this season. And SV is just as guilty of it too.

I went out this evening and MF was down again. This time there wasn’t even a ride attendant posted out front. It was just closed.
...So maybe they were in the ques knockin down webs?

MF has been down since we got here Sunday, they sent through a few empty trains monday night around 6:30 while we went through Dino’s Alive (almost extinct).

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service