Forbidden Frontier

coast said:
I can’t stand Cedar Point’s announcement strategy. I blame Mr. Tony... blah blah blah...

I’m not going to quote and repeat the mean things you said, but really? You would never in a million years say any of that to Tony’s face, so I’m glad you have a screen to hide behind. You know he reads this site - real classy, bro. Take your personal vendetta elsewhere.

That aside, the only people who are in on this teaser campaign are enthusiasts and GP who are going to come to the park no matter what. Get over the fact that not every small detail was laid out for you.

coast said:

Why not just announce it properly.

Brandon

Upcharge

One of the physical challenges will be an American Ninja Warrior course.

coast needs therapy. Or a hug or something.

If you're gonna be a dick about Tony, maybe not do it here. I consider him a friend for well over a decade, and you're just some angry guy on the Internets.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Do you think that once you complete the course you will be rewarded with a treasure, like a fast lane plus pass for a single ride of your choice.

No.

Brandon

I'm interested to see how this works out. I think that something like this could be a cool addition to the park.

It sounds somewhat similar to what Disney is doing with Star Wars Galaxy's Edge. Interacting with people to complete a mission, playing an active role in a story.

I hope that there are high ropes elements to the attraction!

argues just for clicks

It would be awesome if there was a rope swing element where you have to swing across Cedar Creek to avoid the nasty creatures that lurk below the water.

coast: Last chance... you don't need to get personal here. I'm not interested in your drama.

Jeff - Advocate of Great Great Tunnels™ - Co-Publisher - PointBuzz - CoasterBuzz - Blog - Music

Okay Jeff! No offense intended.

Interesting announcement. I wonder if the park will make use of that pedestrian bridge added during STR construction.

My son saw the announcement and asked if it was going to be like Disney's Agent P's World Showcase Adventure in Epcot. That would be fun because it's all smart phone based, but the pencil in the ad is throwing me off. One article did mention it might be like the Pirates game at Disney, time shall tell! I do think a ropes course would be awesome, although hot on most days and probably long lines to accomodate.

Sidenote, in the dinosaur extinct commercial, why did the narrator say Cedar Park?

Probably because the video was a parody of Jurassic Park

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Without knowing the details, this sounds like exactly the type of new attraction that CP needs to please the entire family. It sure sounds similar to A Pirates Adventure at Disney. If it turns out to be along those lines, then awesome move on the part of CP!

I'd rather be in my boat with a drink on the rocks,
than in the drink with a boat on the rocks.

Adventure Island could be great, provided there's a wisecracking parrot named Crackers

Don't get me wrong, I'm totally down with Crackers the parrot. But I don't think the attraction's greatness solely hinges on that.

380 MF laps
Smoking Area Drone Pilot

Here’s my thinking: this appears to be very similar to Ghost Town Alive at Knott’s. Ghost Town Alive runs on certain days and takes
place in the Ghost Town area of the park. What if this Forbidden Frontier becomes a new themed area (just like Ghost Town at Knott’s) and only runs the interactive adventure on certain days? Just a thought...

Interesting that it's opening in "Summer, 2019," not spring. June 21 or later? Why so late, with all that time between now and then?

TTD is sinking too! said:
Interesting that it's opening in "Summer, 2019," not spring. June 21 or later? Why so late, with all that time between now and then?

I was honestly wondering that too!

You must be logged in to postArchived.

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service