Favorite sounds of CP

jwalk03 said:

Millennium Force Station Music. Makes me smile every time, and sometimes i even hum along while I wait for those gates to open.

My son and I always start singing that song when we get close to the ride station waiting in line. It gets our adrenaline going, love it!

My favorite sound comes when riding Gatekeeper, and you get to the top of the lift hill and level out before you flip. There's an instant where the train is free from the lift chain, and everything is so quiet - until you flip and people start screaming. That instant of silence is my happy place... 😊

Kathy :-)

Arrow lifts engaging

The rattle of Gatekeeper's trains going through the keyhole inversions

"The Winner"

The Halloweekends music throughout the peninsula

Early morning waves and gull cries

Maverick's waterbombs

Carousel music

The souvenir penny presses

Here's another one; booming announcer voice (I think it is Tony) "Please remove your hats and turn towards the flag at the front of the park as we honor America with the playing of the National Anthem".

Most mornings the GateKeeper crew times a launch so that the train passes the flag right at "and the home of the brave". Maybe they don't do it purposefully but I think they do. It is a nice touch.

Do they play anything particular right after the anthem? At Kings Island right after the anthem they blared the Fhineas and Ferb theme and I thought that was a perfect start for the day.

jimmyburke said:
Most mornings the GateKeeper crew times a launch so that the train passes the flag right at "and the home of the brave". Maybe they don't do it purposefully but I think they do. It is a nice touch.

It is on purpose. We like to think it’s an added touch to the start of your day.

^It is a nice touch and you guys pull it off quite well..... most of the time.

^^Paisley, I never pay attention to what plays post anthem, my son & I are busy not getting run over by crazed & eager bulls errrrr patrons. I actually enjoy hearing peoples plan of attack.

^^Micon13 Those are some nice suggestions. Here's some of mine.

Skyhawk in action. It simply sounds like something out of Gyo.

Fsssshhhhhh...

Fsssshhhhhh...

Power Tower made this very cool and very scary sounding high, cold wail right before it dropped you, which was rather awesome. It puts the hairs of my neck on end knowing i'm about to be launched downward.

Raptor and Rougarou's roar

Steel Vengeance's lift hill and then the train powering around the course with its screaming riders. It just hypes me up for the ride when I walk to it.

Magnum's wheels engaging with the track after you hit the bottom of the drop.

Point plummet's countdown, then the trapdoor releasing.

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

Hey Skyhawk, about that Gyo stuff. It’s creepy and I can’t unsee it.

Least favorite...raptor 😫 Most favorite... people laughing and saying OMG that was awesome 😎.

-The whistling song that plays in frontier town
-The “clack.clack.clack.” That Gatekeeper makes when it leaves the station
-“Seatbelt first, Lapbar second.”
-The crickets and other chirpy bugs that you hear in the TTD queue
-Turnstyles (classic)
-The cheers of people in the SV brake run
-The black entrance/exit doors slamming against the metal latch
-The loud “deflating” sound that MaXair makes before and after a ride as the platform rises and falls

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service