Next Defunct Attractions

In all honesty, I think Steel Vengeance will go. The ride has gotten stale and they can't run 3 trains. Hell you can't even bring your phone!

I think DH Morgan should come in amd renovate the ride, remove the inversions and put more comfortable trains on it. Hopefully that will get the ride numbers up.

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

They could run one train and fill it easily, but that doesn’t solve the problem of having low ridership. It should be able to run three trains and at least fill all of them up. I’m currently watching it now (on a Friday) and there are at least 4 rows completely empty on each train. I actually haven’t seen a full train yet today. It’s just not a popular ride anymore. Magnum is a good example of a high capacity ride that still fills its trains most of the time.

Shawn, I highly doubt they’ll get rid of it next year, but I can see it going in about 5 years. Just my speculation though.

Last edited by CoasterKyle1121,

1999: First visit
Halloweekends- Harvest Fear, Tombstone Terror-Tory
Ride Operations- Professor Delbert’s Frontier Fling

How often does Magnum run 2 trains and block off cars 4 & 5? It must not be popular they should remove it.

Maverick since '99

https://www.cedarpoint.com/blog/fun-ride-information

Magnum was the third highest in ridership last year.

That’s because Magnum is awesome and always will be! One of my favorite coasters in the park, and always look forward to marathoning it on Friday nights during Halloweekends! 🙂

One person does not make a riot.

Well fine then. I'll go up with a sign around headquarters saying bring back Rougarou. For now though, I hope they read my suggestions so it doesn't go anywhere.

I think you may have yourself worked up over nothing. No one has ever said that ride is being removed.

Rougarou is a very high capacity ride. If it can do 1,600 per hour but only 1,000 per hour want to ride it, it’s going to send out lots of empty seats. Doesn’t mean it’s not popular. Dragster and Maverick can only do 1,000 per hour, period. I really don’t think Rougarou is going anywhere. Mantis ran for 19 years. I think it’s entirely possible for Rougarou to go at least 10.

Last edited by CPVet,

^^ Well I'm all worked up over what Coasterkyle said. He said the numbers were down and it had me upset a little. Sorry I have A.D.D so when someone says something like that, I get a little worked up over it.

I'll give some luv to Rougarou. Today we were on the CPLE RR & saw no line at Rougarou. However, on closert inspection there was a ton of people in that little midway area near it coming & going. It was a steady stream of people & the crew does a fine job cranking out cycles quickly. We rode it & enjoyed it.

It must have been crew picture day at Rougarou, at 9:15am we were crossing the tracks towards MF & saw about 20 or so crew members posing for a few photos at the Rougarou sign, they were all dressed the same. Shawn should have been in that photo op.

Yeah, the numbers are down, but if it makes you feel better Shawn, MS and DT ran for years with low numbers, and WT has had low numbers for a good amount of years now and it’s still standing. I’m no expert nor claim to be. I’m just speculating like everyone else. I wouldn’t lose sleep over it :)

I wouldn't be surprised if we're seeing the last of Witches Wheel. With all the down time she's been getting in the past few years and maintenance not able to make permanent fixes, I think 2019 will be her last.

RIP Mean Streak
Past Cedar Point Ride Attendant

Ok.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

CoasterKyle1121 said:
Yeah, the numbers are down, but if it makes you feel better Shawn, MS and DT ran for years with low numbers, and WT has had low numbers for a good amount of years now and it’s still standing. I’m no expert nor claim to be. I’m just speculating like everyone else. I wouldn’t lose sleep over it :)

That is a very VERY false statment. DT had over 1 million riders in 2011, yet was removed halfway through 2012. Wicked Twister had very high numbers in 2016. I can’t comment on MS numbers as I don’t know. In my opinion, it all comes down to the leadership of that specific location and how they train their crew. This generation of CP ride ops just don’t seem to care about numbers like they used to. Yes, IROC is a bunch of crap and does hold some things up, but there is no excuse for slow load times, slow walking back to your safe zone, and disregard to a long queue time.

operative_me said:

In all honesty, I think Steel Vengeance will go. The ride has gotten stale and they can't run 3 trains. Hell you can't even bring your phone!

I think DH Morgan should come in amd renovate the ride, remove the inversions and put more comfortable trains on it. Hopefully that will get the ride numbers up.

D.H. Morgan is no longer in business. Dana Morgan sold his business to Chance in 2001, and has recently sold San Diego Coaster Co.

I like the idea from Uncle Steve, about refurbishing Mine Ride. I admit I am in the camp that wants more elaborate theming as opposed to super thrills. I have been hoping CP would take that approach on some rides. Mine ride would be a good candidate. Keep it a family coaster, add some structures, some dark ride aspects, tunnels, props, a waterfall, maybe an animatronic or two. Possibly change some track to fit the new structures. It could be a big draw for all age groups and give the park more balance.

Dutchman said:

D.H. Morgan is no longer in business. Dana Morgan sold his business to Chance in 2001, and has recently sold San Diego Coaster Co.

So I guess there is no Chance of that happening then?

Last edited by operative_me,

-Craig
Lifetime Laps on Woodstock Express: 0

Master D said:

I like the idea from Uncle Steve, about refurbishing Mine Ride.

For nostalgic reasons, I don't want to see Mine Ride go away. But when you look at the plot of land it sits on, and especially that plot's vicinity to the StR property on the island, well, that's an awfully large plot of land. I'd love to see a Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown-esque flume along with a GCI. The flume would be stationed in Camp Snoopy, fittingly, and the GCI on Mine Ride's plot.

Brandon

Next Defunct Attraction? Dinosaurs Alive.

An interesting thought: I do think it's weird the WT midway was updated in 2015 (TIki Twirl, Dodgem and Jr. Relocation) and since then ...new trees being planted, AWE stadium being torn down but....still no love for Wicked Twister itself. Namely, the dam supports not being painted and left faded and looking dilapiated. Where's the love and why haven't they been redone , especially with better access after AWE is now gone?

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service