Steel Vengeance

TwistedWicker77 said:
Wicked Twister’s interval is 60 seconds. If the WT crew can dispatch that train in 60 seconds, SV crew can do it in the same amount of time IMO.

Wicked Twister has the best crew in the park. That thing NEVER stacks.

ROUNDABOUND.

In the 3 rides I was on today, I only noticed a slight grab from the MCBR on our first ride and it was barely noticable. It did NOT affect the part 2 of the ride at all, still stupid crazy and fast.

Wavefunction said:
For you experts on here that know way more than I do, will the whole story ever come out regarding what exactly went wrong and why its taking so long to get 3 trains running? And if so, will it be months or years? I am just very curious...oh and a stock holder.

“I’m a stockholder” - the lesser used version of “Can I speak to a manager?”

It was trimming pretty hard in the afternoon, probably to like 10 mph or less. It somehow picks its speed back up and was as fast as opening day. They turned the trims basically off at 9:30 and it’s scary fast.

SV ruins all other rides.

Just got off at 9:45 pm. No trims. Mind blown.

To being an "us" for once - instead of a "them"

Zoug68 said:Maybe Valravn will have the 15 minute maximum wait that it's worth.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. The people I'm with always think that I'm crazy that I never want to ride it. I just don't think it's worth a wait.

I'm also glad you're not the only one who feels that way, as I appreciate the shorter waits for one of the best coasters in the park. ;)

Promoter of fog.

I’m with Zoug and Coco on this one. Valravn is not worth a long wait in my opinion. I’m glad others like it though.

Last edited by TwistedWicker77,

TwistedWicker, we are on the same boat. Raptor, Gatekeeper and Rougarou are worth long waits, but Valravn, it's kind of mediocre. I usually ride it during early entry and that's it. Even for being the biggest dive coaster, it isn't too good. I heard though a lot of dive coasters aren't the greatest because they're short rides. The highlight is the drop and that's it. As for Steel Vengeance, I rode three times today. It was a little slow in the morning and they probably had the trims on. It picks up speed again so quickly though. For my second and third rides there were no trims. I just got home, and I can still feel the motion of Steel Vengeance. Do you guys experience this as well? You try to wind down to go to sleep(or are sleeping) and you're still feeling the motion of the ride.

Last edited by Skyhawk06,

Steel Vengeance rides: 210

I'd rather be sailing

Marina operations attendant 2021-2023

^yes, it used to happen to me a lot, but from Raptor. I'd get home, lay down, close my eyes, and it was like I was on Raptor all over again.

I used to actually move in My bed thinking about The wave after a day at Geauga lake. I would spend hours in that pool.

First ride; Magnum 1994

TwistedWicker77 said:
Wicked Twister’s interval is 60 seconds. If the WT crew can dispatch that train in 60 seconds, SV crew can do it in the same amount of time IMO.

Assuming the trains and operations are similar to Twisted Timbers, Steel Vengeance will never beat Wicked Twister on intervals. TT requires that riders leave their lapbars up (presumably so ops can actually check seatbelts; they're really buried once the lapbars are closed.) Inevitably people put their lapbars down out of habit and a whole cycle of unlock/lock/recheck commences.

I wish more rides would attach their seat belts to the restraints instead of being completely independent. It makes everything much faster.

Also, guests of exceptional size were kind of a problem on TT. I only rode 3 times but saw/waited through about 15 staple attempts/walk offs. The ops defaulted to pushing really hard/stepping on the restraints to try to get the guests to fit while checking the go/no go display. Each one of these guests took about a minute each. That time adds up.

Last edited by MF&WTer,

Coco said:

Zoug68 said:Maybe Valravn will have the 15 minute maximum wait that it's worth.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels that way. The people I'm with always think that I'm crazy that I never want to ride it. I just don't think it's worth a wait.

Ditto. Ditto. Our absolute best ride on Valravn a couple weeks ago was under 5 minutes for the walk up to the platform onto the front seat, enjoy the view for a few seconds, oooh a drop OMG!! (if it wasn't at cedar point it may be a great ride, but it is incomparable to most everything else there), the rest of the uneventful ride, no wait on the brake run (shocking!!), and off the train!!! All in under 5 minutes, was great and no need to ride it again for that 5 day trip. And apparently from the utter lack of lines, its almost the new rougaroo/ fancy mantis.

Last edited by XS NightClub,

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

Any reason apart from cost they couldn't build Valravn a lot taller?

If we build it, they will come.

people would fall asleep on it.

New for 2024- Wicked Twister Plus

It's a nice ride, and maybe if I had ever rode in the front I'd feel differently. But I never want to add wait time to ask for a particular spot so I just go where they tell me to. Maybe sometime this season I'll ride it when it's a near walk on and experience a front seat ride. I also think the ride is too short, but then again, I am willing to wait 30 mins for dragster, so something else must be lacking.
When there are coasters like SV and Maverick, those are where I prefer to spend my time. I even have more fun on Blue Streak and Magnum (considering they are typically walk ons). But I think we're in the minority in the GP, and that's okay.

I always try to get on Dragster after I notice the ride just opening back up and if I'm near the area. I always know when I go in that line it can break down any moment. I definitely use my single rider advantage and keep my eye for them looking for single riders, I want to get on that ride and get it done with as soon as I can.

Sacrificing playing video games to ride roller coasters.

I didn't notice any trimming or slowing at the MCBR yesterday. It feels just the same as always. I wish they could get the interval down. I think what kills capacity is that you can't pull your own lapbar down. And some people do then they have to unlock it to check the seatbelt. Hopefully they can come out with a method to get riders to do their own lapbar and still check the seatbelt.

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

Has anyone seen what the wait times for SV are like today? I know from the start of the tunnel it was about an hour wait with 1 train and no FL.

It's about an hour and am hour for FL+

Brian
Valravn Rides: 24| Steel Vengeance Rides: 27| Dragster Rollbacks: 1

You must be logged in to post

POP Forums app ©2024, POP World Media, LLC - Terms of Service